June Crowd Level

PrncJasmine

Earning My Ears
My family will be at WDW June 2nd-9th. We have always visited in the Fall, but find it cheaper to go in June this year. I'm starting to get very nervous about crowd levels. I know it will be Star Wars weekend, and we are prepared for crowds at HS that weekend. Please tell me it won't be that bad for our whole week!! (Not that I can/will change our plans, I just need to learn to go with the flow!!) Thanks!!!

I'm right there with ya - we're going in June for the first time EVER this year. From everything I've read, the earlier in June you can go, the better. The parks won't be empty but it'll get a heck of a lot worse later in the month.

SWW will swell crowds at HS, and you might want to check the Gay Days Orlando calendar to see which parks are scheduled - those ones will probably be more busy. But I really do think you'll be okay. (Praying you'll be okay because that means I'LL be okay.)

I'm right there with ya - we're going in June for the first time EVER this year. From everything I've read, the earlier in June you can go, the better. The parks won't be empty but it'll get a heck of a lot worse later in the month.

SWW will swell crowds at HS, and you might want to check the Gay Days Orlando calendar to see which parks are scheduled - those ones will probably be more busy. But I really do think you'll be okay. (Praying you'll be okay because that means I'LL be okay.)

Actually 2 crowd calendar websites recommend the scheduled Gay Day parks as recommended/most recommended to visit. :confused3 So I have scheduled my Fastpass + days for two of those parks (Epcot and Magic Kingdom). I think they assume that those parks will be avoided by families, so better for others who are willing to go. I have two teens and really don't care where to go as long as the park is not too crowded.

We ALWAYS go in june because we are both teachers.

We find the crowds to be completely manageable. We usually do breaks in the afternoon as well.

I wouldn't worry about anything.

We'll be right there with you, May 31st to June 7th. I am mentally preparing myself. I keep thinking, "It will be better than 4th of July, Christmas, and Spring Break." And maybe it won't be quite as hot and humid as July/August? A girl can dream...

I've been in June 5 times and am going again this June (14-21). It's definitely crowded but doable. I'm also a teacher do we don't have any choice but to go at peak times. (Oh the stress of having summers off :) ) I am a bit concerned about crowds with FP+. It seems like their busy days so far have been quite hectic, POTC having a 60+ minute wait seems crazy! Hopefully they'll have more kinks worked out by June though and maybe start adding the park hopping and extra FPs they just announced by then...fingers crossed. Either way it will still be Disney and still be magical. You'll just have to share that magic with more people. Have fun!

We went in June those exact dates 3 years ago...and it was crowded...but very doable! We did everything we wanted to and then some! We napped/swam every afternoon which helped tremendously.

I'm also a teacher and am limited to when I can go. We did August in 2012 and right after Thanksgiving in 2013...and DD and I are heading for a girl's trip June 7th...and on every trip I've realized, if you have a plan...you'll be just fine!

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the reassuring words!! I know we will have a fabulous time regardless, just trying to prepare myself!!!

Crowded, each day you will see the crowds get bigger. Also prepare for scorching heat.:3dglasses

With all the snow and schools letting out late a fair percentage of families have had to move their vacations from early June to later in the summer.

This will help some for the first 2 weeks of June

The first week of June last year was crowded, but not insanely so. The bigger issue for us was the weather--super hot and rainy. We're from Alabama, so we're used to afternoon thunderstorms, but one day in particular had monsoon-type rain. It came down so quickly and heavily that we were up to our ankles in water, and getting soaked under our ponchos. Hard to power through that.

...but we're going back the same time this June, so it wasn't that bad overall. LOL

With all the snow and schools letting out late a fair percentage of families have had to move their vacations from early June to later in the summer.

This will help some for the first 2 weeks of June

That's a good point! I hadn't thought of that, but yeah. I have lots of friends elsewhere in the country whose kids will be in school well into June now.

Actually 2 crowd calendar websites recommend the scheduled Gay Day parks as recommended/most recommended to visit. :confused3 So I have scheduled my Fastpass + days for two of those parks (Epcot and Magic Kingdom). I think they assume that those parks will be avoided by families, so better for others who are willing to go. I have two teens and really don't care where to go as long as the park is not too crowded.

Based on comments about past gay days, I'd say this is correct. Everyone assumes the designated park will be busy and they avoid it. The net result is that ends up being a LESS crowded park for those who do go there.

I've not experienced that myself, just 2nd hand. We're still in school then :(

Crowded, each day you will see the crowds get bigger. Also prepare for scorching heat.:3dglasses

Agreed! We have gone in June a couple times - earlier is noticeably less crowded than later. One trip was 2 weeks (10th-24th) and the second week seemed much busier than the first. I remember the last couple of days thinking it was getting crazy. Alas, I am going June 20-30 this year:scared:
OP I think you will be completely fine! Have some well - planned days and some time for relaxation and you'll do great :goodvibes

We went June 8-14, 2011 and while it was definitely more crowded than our November trips, I didn't think it was too bad. It was hot though!

We are going earlier in June this year, the 3rd-10th so we'll be there with you! I figure the earlier the better. That is a really good point about many schools running late this year- it gives me hope! We only had 3.5 snow/cold days off, amazingly, so we get out May 30.

We are doing the easyWDW top recommended days each day except one. Hopefully that works out well for us. Sometimes I think we should do the morning EMH parks, because we are able to get there early, but I'm not changing anything now. We have BOG ADR and A&E fp, etc that I don't want to mess with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter