June comes before August & the APs will still be valid! I think we're done here!

Welcome home. I'm glad you made it safely. Good luck with Airtran!

Welcome home! Sorry about the flight troubles and dead car, though.

The dead car was more of a problem than any of the flight stuff, but they did get there pretty fast to help us!

Welcome home! I hope tomorrow is better for you all.

Poor DH is being left all by himself while I take DS to see "Wicked". We didn't know our tickets would be for Father's Day! But since we were gone for the first few weeks of the show, this was what we ended up with.

Welcome home! I'm a little sad your trip is over...I loved the updates. Thanks for sharing with us!

Cathy

I am a LOT sad the trip is over! :rotfl2: Your trip is getting closer, though! :banana:

Welcome home. I'm glad you made it safely. Good luck with Airtran!

Yeah, I am thinking things with Airtran will be complicated. Blah.

Glad you made it home safely despite the challenges.

Thanks! :)

I have my 2011 point chart here. I need to cross check it with the school calendar, then we'll be off and running for 2011. You all didn't really think I would skip a year, did you? :rolleyes1

Some random thoughts about our trip:

The Yeti on Expedition Everest was completely off one day - no strobe or anything - just dark. The next time we rode they did have the strobe on.

Several times on Pirates the fog screen thing was not working.

Small World was missing a couple of dolls (the little guy on the gondola, for one). I can't remember if they just did a refurb or if one is coming.

There are a TON of construction walls around MK, and not just in Fantasyland for the expansion.

The guitar at RnRC was covered with a tarp at the beginning of the trip, fueling the rumors that it will be re-themed. :scared: The tarps are down now and the guitar has a fresh coat of paint. :thumbsup2 Everything still says "Aerosmith". :goodvibes

I definitely think the crowds picked up after the first week, but the crowd levels in the parks were squirrelly. That one day at MK it was just insane, but 2 days later it wasn't bad. :confused3 I definitely want to stay at Kidani for our second week next year because of the buses. The fact that AKL has no queue lines for the buses means people who walk up last will jump on the bus in front of people who have been waiting. We were on a couple of really crowded buses, but we never had to wait for the next bus. We also had almost NO scooters or wheelchairs going to or from the resort this time, which just struck me as kind of odd.

I feel like we accomplished nothing. :rotfl2: The only parade we saw during the day was the Star Wars one. We missed the afternoon parade at MK, AND MGM, AND AK! Next year I want to try to see them at least once. We only saw IllumiNations once, and we only saw the MK fireworks once. I had every intention of watching the MK parade and fireworks from Main St. ONCE, but it didn't happen. The night we saw the fireworks we were watching from Bay Lake Tower. We did watch the MSEP once from the hub, and a second time from Frontierland. Both nights the parade had a delayed start - they must still be working out kinks in those parade vehicles.

Oh, they have erected this big old High School Musical stage in front of the hat at MGM. For people who hate the hat it might be an improvement. I hate High School Musical, so I wasn't digging the stage. DH will sit in front of the hat at night and take countless pictures, so the stage ruined his photo plans. :sad2:

We never did ride ToT this trip. DS hates it. DH likes it, but we just never got around to riding.

So they have the High School Musical stage in front of the hat all the time now? When we were there in April they were moving it in and out for the performance. We cringed every time we heard the music/singing starting again. Like the hat or not, it has to be better than HSM!

Thanks for the awesome trip report! I had a blast reading it every day! I was addicted!
Is the stage there for the Summer Nightastic shows at HS???

I have my 2011 point chart here. I need to cross check it with the school calendar, then we'll be off and running for 2011. You all didn't really think I would skip a year, did you? :rolleyes1

NEVER ONCE! :thumbsup2 Enjoy the show today.

Small World was missing a couple of dolls (the little guy on the gondola, for one). I can't remember if they just did a refurb or if one is coming.

I think they pull dolls out a few at a time for mini-repairs and rehab all the time.

The guitar at RnRC was covered with a tarp at the beginning of the trip, fueling the rumors that it will be re-themed. :scared: The tarps are down now and the guitar has a fresh coat of paint. :thumbsup2 Everything still says "Aerosmith". :goodvibes

I saw the Hannah Montana rumor the other day. Definitely scary rumors!

I definitely think the crowds picked up after the first week, but the crowd levels in the parks were squirrelly.

How was that first week overall? I was just looking at it for a trip in a few years taking all of the kids.

So they have the High School Musical stage in front of the hat all the time now? When we were there in April they were moving it in and out for the performance. We cringed every time we heard the music/singing starting again. Like the hat or not, it has to be better than HSM!

At least the hat doesn't make noise! :lmao:

Thanks for the awesome trip report! I had a blast reading it every day! I was addicted!
Is the stage there for the Summer Nightastic shows at HS???

I think so. Apparently they are doing a dance party there like they are doing in Tomorrowland at MK. The MK one is actually off to one side between Carousel of Progress and Space Mtn. so you can watch if you want or just pass right by. Not a bad addition, though we didn't stand there and watch.

NEVER ONCE! :thumbsup2 Enjoy the show today.

I think they pull dolls out a few at a time for mini-repairs and rehab all the time.

I saw the Hannah Montana rumor the other day. Definitely scary rumors!

How was that first week overall? I was just looking at it for a trip in a few years taking all of the kids.

DS was the one who pointed out the missing gondola boy. You could see the holes in the boat where the bolts go. I have informed DH and DS that we have ENOUGH photos of that ride to last a lifetime. NO MORE!!!

That Hannah Montana rumor has been floating around for at least a year. RnRC was down for a week in May, so I would have thought they would change it (or start changing it) if they were going to. And since they just repainted the guitar without making any other changes I don't think a Hannah coaster is coming anytime soon. But the rumor was even spreading among the cast members, so maybe there was a shred of truth to it at some point.

We thought the first week was GREAT! We had a bunch of friends in for Gay Days, but most of them arrived ahead of us and only stayed until Sunday or Monday. The crowd levels were not bad at all, the bus service was good. We took 2 days out of the first week to go to Universal, which we wouldn't do next year. But Universal was also not crowded if you plan to pop over there for a couple of days. We didn't love Hard Rock Hotel, but that Express Pass was TOTALLY worth doing a night onsite. And so was the Harry Potter preview. People were in line for SEVEN HOURS on Friday during the grand opening. SEVEN HOURS!!! :scared1::scared1: You couldn't pay me to stand in line for 7 hours for anything. Especially a ride that made me sick! :rotfl2:

At this point I think we will go back next year for the same set of dates - June 3-10 is within the lower point season for DVC, so that's very cool. We might go home on Friday instead of Saturday next year, but we'll just have to see about airfare and points and all that sort of thing. DH is mad that I want to go in June because we will only get one long trip out of the APs, but I liked June better than August. I would love to go for Spring Break in 2012, but that would depend on DH's vacation bid.

It appears that the "pending" charges from Hard Rock have all FINALLY dropped off of DH's credit card. The current pending transactions are the balance from the hotel, the upgrade for the airline, and the bag fee. It will be interesting to see if the bag fee charge goes through.

Speaking of bag fees, you are now able to pay at the BAGS desk at the resort. Last summer that was NOT the case, and there were a lot of confused people in the line. Now they tell you at the resort airline check-in desk what your bag fees will be, and they charge you and give you a receipt right there.

At this point I think we will go back next year for the same set of dates - June 3-10 is within the lower point season for DVC, so that's very cool. We might go home on Friday instead of Saturday next year, but we'll just have to see about airfare and points and all that sort of thing. DH is mad that I want to go in June because we will only get one long trip out of the APs, but I liked June better than August. I would love to go for Spring Break in 2012, but that would depend on DH's vacation bid.

That's good to know on the DVC rate. I may see if my cousin and her son want to go too and then we might rent DVC points instead.

Welcome home!:hug:

Enjoyed your report!!!

I'm surprised to hear you didn't get to do ToT. I might even want to try it this summer to see how different it is.:laughing:

I always come home thinking we didn't get to do too much no matter how long the trip is. I know this year I won't be up for doing too much with my foot. I am trying to figure out how to come to terms with that before I go. I never saw any of the night time shows in May so that is my main priority on this trip. I'm hoping I can learn to relax.:rotfl:

Welcome home!:hug:

Enjoyed your report!!!

I'm surprised to hear you didn't get to do ToT. I might even want to try it this summer to see how different it is.:laughing:

I always come home thinking we didn't get to do too much no matter how long the trip is. I know this year I won't be up for doing too much with my foot. I am trying to figure out how to come to terms with that before I go. I never saw any of the night time shows in May so that is my main priority on this trip. I'm hoping I can learn to relax.:rotfl:

I'm sorry about your foot! :hug:
I was SHOCKED at how little my foot hurt. Maybe it was just those shoes I wore all winter? But the lump behind my knee with the radiating pain down my calf was kind of scary. I am glad it seems to have resolved.

We totally could have done ToT, but I have to be in the right mood for it. DS only likes it if Debbie is around. ;) If you do ride I want to hear about the "enhancements".

We have another day or so worth of photos to post, and I will do my "finale" of random pics from throughout the trip. But right now we are leaving to go see "Wicked"!

Glad you made it home in 1 piece, despite the difficult day home.

I thought you said you weren't gonig back next year....guess things changed!

Hope you and C enjoyed Wicked! And it's a small world is going down for what I think is a pretty lengthy rehab! From the DIS... It's a Small World - closed 08/1/10 - 10/22/10

Glad you made it home in 1 piece, despite the difficult day home.

I thought you said you weren't gonig back next year....guess things changed!

Yeah, that whole "skip a year" thing wasn't working for me. :rolleyes1

Hope you and C enjoyed Wicked! And it's a small world is going down for what I think is a pretty lengthy rehab! From the DIS... It's a Small World - closed 08/1/10 - 10/22/10

Elin, we really liked "Wicked"!! I really did NOT like the traffic trying to get to and from the Music Hall - the show is incredibly popular!
Thanks for the dates on the Small World rehab - I could NOT recall if it had already been done, though I remembered reading something about it.

Pics from MK on Thursday

D90June17001.jpg

D90June17002.jpg

D90June17009.jpg

D90June17020.jpg

D90June17012.jpg

D90June17041.jpg

Lunch at The Plaza
Chicken strawberry salad
D90June17053.jpg

Cheese steak sandwich (You can see DS's kid's meal in the background - PB&J sandwich, grapes & bananas.)
D90June17054.jpg

Banana split
D90June17055.jpg

Hot fudge sundae
D90June17056.jpg

A couple of things to know about The Plaza and kid's meals:
The portions are small, even by kid's meal standards. We added a side of fries to go with the grapes and bananas that were included, so it was a little more food than it would have been. DS wanted a shake for dessert, but that isn't one of the choices on the kid's menu. So they charged us full price for the kid's meal (appetizer, entree, dessert) and charged us for the side of fries AND charged us full price for the shake. I am not really complaining about it because technically they don't HAVE to let DS order from the kid's menu. I was just a bit irked that they charged us the full price for the 3-part meal AND the full price for the shake. It would have been thoughtful to pro-rate the meal since he opted out of the dessert. I guess if you don't get a dessert the price stays the same? Anyway, just a head's up for anyone dining at The Plaza that they will get you on pricing if you deviate from the set menu.

Pics from MGM on Friday

DH was tired on Friday morning so he met us at the park around 9 AM. We finished up around 2 PM, and the rain kept us away from the park the rest of the day. We told DS we weren't going back to a park Friday night, but DH and I did discuss it behind DS's back. Unfortunately we noticed at dinner that DS looked REALLY tired and his voice was very scratchy. We decided trying to go back to MK would have been pushing it, so we hung out at Kidani Friday evening.

D90June18001.jpg

D90June18003.jpg

As you can see, the guitar is looking spiffy AND Aerosmith has not been deleted!
D90June18017.jpg

Seasonal berry muffin from Writer's Stop (DH really liked this!)
D90June18021.jpg

D90June18022.jpg

Turkey leg, which was on some sort of Disney Bucket List for DH
D90June18038.jpg

Dinner at Sanaa on Friday. DH was disappointed that the dinner menu is very similar to lunch - not sure what he was expecting.

D90June18040.jpg

Potato and pea samosas with mango chutney
D90June18041.jpg

Sustainable fish
D90June18044.jpg

Ostrich outside the window (Sanaa has some tables with an amazing savanna view. The trade-off is that kids will be squeezing between your table and the window the whole time, so don't put you camera, or your bags, or anything else on the floor!)
D90June18046.jpg

Dessert trio (the orange and red thing was like sorbet - it was fabulous!) The chocolate cake was good as long as it had some raspberry sauce on it. The stuff in the cup is chai cream. It is like pudding, but I thought it tasted like soap. Ds thought it tasted like candle. DH liked it, so he finished it for me!
D90June18050.jpg

Orange sesame cake
D90June18051.jpg

DS had the pizza like he had for lunch on Tuesday, and I had the shrimp in green curry sauce with basmati rice like DH had for lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter