• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 9, 2012 Fantasy

Just checking in! Waiting for the countdown tickers to go to 1 year 6 months....not too much longer :)

Hi all, we are booked also. Me and my DH, DD (19), DS(8) We just got off our first ever cruise sailing 10/23-10/30 on the Magic. I see Karyn was on that one also! Very excited for 2012...seems like so long away.
:welcome: How was your first cruise? I'm happy to see you joining our thread. :goodvibes It does seem like a very long time to wait...I'm passing the time planning my ADR's for our spring break trip to WDW. :yay: I was going to do the ddp, as I have been reading the dining reviews I think I might brave the dxdp (lots of 2 credit restaurants that I want to try).

Hi! We'll be joining you on the 6/9/12 sailing of the Fantasy! There are 5 of us. Me, D!H, DD (16), DD (12) and DS (9). The kids' ages are how old they will be in 2012. This will be our ninth cruise. I'm looking forward to getting to know the group over the next year and a half. :)

I'll be sending a FB request to join the group.

Krista

:welcome: How was your first cruise? I'm happy to see you joining our thread. :goodvibes It does seem like a very long time to wait...I'm passing the time planning my ADR's for our spring break trip to WDW. :yay: I was going to do the ddp, as I have been reading the dining reviews I think I might brave the dxdp (lots of 2 credit restaurants that I want to try).

LOVED the first cruise...although it took me a couple days to realize that I loved it. The boat was rocking so much the first couple of days that it took me some time to get used too it. Everywhere I went I was staggering down the hallways trying not to run into other people....or look like I had one too many bahama mammas :rotfl2: My husband didn't mind a bit, he just thought of it as rocking him to sleep.

Wow, braving WDW for spring break? I did that twice at Disneyland and decided I wouldn't do it again. Instead we braved Christmas and New Years at WDW last year! Talk about crowded :)

Hi! We'll be joining you on the 6/9/12 sailing of the Fantasy! There are 5 of us. Me, D!H, DD (16), DD (12) and DS (9). The kids' ages are how old they will be in 2012. This will be our ninth cruise. I'm looking forward to getting to know the group over the next year and a half. :)

I'll be sending a FB request to join the group.

Krista
:welcome: I'm glad you are joining the FB group :goodvibes I'm always on FB so it makes it easy to keep in touch. It seems that we have DD's about the same age, are your girls interested in doing a teen FB group?

LOVED the first cruise...although it took me a couple days to realize that I loved it. The boat was rocking so much the first couple of days that it took me some time to get used too it. Everywhere I went I was staggering down the hallways trying not to run into other people....or look like I had one too many bahama mammas :rotfl2: My husband didn't mind a bit, he just thought of it as rocking him to sleep.

Wow, braving WDW for spring break? I did that twice at Disneyland and decided I wouldn't do it again. Instead we braved Christmas and New Years at WDW last year! Talk about crowded :)

Our first cruise was the same way my youngest got sick in the middle of the Golden Mickey's...it was awful. We didn't even get to go to Castaway Cay because of a hurricane.

I have no idea what I'm thinking going during spring break (I must be crazy) but spring break is close to my youngest DD's bday this year and she was feeling bad because her older sister is going to Spain with her school. I hope I can keep the surprise!

We are in as well! My husband (Jp), son (Matthew 7), daughter (Meredith 5), and myself (Marisa). Also traveling with us will be my parents, brother and sister-in-law, Aunt and Uncle with their 2 twin boys (12 yrs), and Cousins with their 2 children (ages 4 & 8). A great family vacation! This will be our second cruise and are very excited!:banana:

I sent a facebook request under "Jp Jackson".

We are in as well! My husband (Jp), son (Matthew 7), daughter (Meredith 5), and myself (Marisa). Also traveling with us will be my parents, brother and sister-in-law, Aunt and Uncle with their 2 twin boys (12 yrs), and Cousins with their 2 children (ages 4 & 8). A great family vacation! This will be our second cruise and are very excited!:banana:

I sent a facebook request under "Jp Jackson".

:dance3: WELCOME!!! It looks like you're going to have an awesome family vacation...

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Now it's time to get ready for Christmas....so much to do :eek: not enough time.

Hope everyone is having a great December...so much to do so little time! I can't wait to officially hit the 1 year 6 month mark! Funny, I find myself reading and researching more for this trip than the one we'll take in a few months. DIS is SOOOO addicting (in a good way, though!):rotfl2:

Hello everyone!!! We are booked on this cruise and the 6/16/12 sailing as well. It will be Myself, DH, and 4 DD's 15, 13, 7, and almost 2. We are just outside of Chicago. This will be my 13th Disney cruise and the family is not far behind!! We are so excited for 14 nights on the ship!! Can't wait!

My wife and I will be celebrating our 30th anniversary on this cruise. This will be our 5th Disney cruise. We are especially glad the Fantasy will be coming on line as it means we can go to the Caribbean during June.

We are also asking our relatives if they want to come along. So it will be more than just the 2 of us.

Just checking back in. The group is growing :thumbsup2 Hope everyone has a terrific holiday! I'll be checking the FB page next.

Hi everyone:wave2:, we will be joining your cruise (unless I get a miracle deal on the MV lol). We just got off the magic a few weeks ago and re-booked for this date with the intention of moving to the Madien Voyage but too cheap to lose my 10% on board booking discount!
Our family is Me38 Andrea, DH39 Matt, DD14 Madison, DD12 Morgan, DS11 Parker and DD7 Mikelyn (all at sailing).

This will be our 5th DCL cruise, unless my crazy MIL is serious about taking us to Alaska this summer :rolleyes1. This is our 3rd western, I REALLY wanted to do the eastern again for something different but the darn June 16th sailing was too full & we couldn't find decent adjoining or even next to each other cabins.

We live is sunny So Cal, and we can't wait to cruise again. My older DD's like to meet others their age before we cruise, I haven't read through the thread yet but if you have a DD around those ages they would love to email and get to know them!

Can't wait to get to know all of you!

OK, I went back and read all the posts, I can't believe how many teens there are, my DD's will be very happy! I also noticed quite a few of us have a penchant for M named kids lol.

This will be the first time we've cruised in the summer, I'm hoping it's not blazing hot. We usually cruise the week before Christmas break so the kids have 2 weeks to make up their homework. It will be interesting to be on the ship without Christmas decorations.

My wife and I will be celebrating our 30th anniversary on this cruise. This will be our 5th Disney cruise. We are especially glad the Fantasy will be coming on line as it means we can go to the Caribbean during June.
We are also asking our relatives if they want to come along. So it will be more than just the 2 of us.
Welcome and congratulations on your 30th anniversary!!!

Just checking back in. The group is growing :thumbsup2 Hope everyone has a terrific holiday! I'll be checking the FB page next.
The holidays were wonderful but very hetic. Can't wait to see you on the FB page...it's so much easier for me to check what's happening on FB.

Hi everyone:wave2:, we will be joining your cruise (unless I get a miracle deal on the MV lol). We just got off the magic a few weeks ago and re-booked for this date with the intention of moving to the Madien Voyage but too cheap to lose my 10% on board booking discount!
Our family is Me38 Andrea, DH39 Matt, DD14 Madison, DD12 Morgan, DS11 Parker and DD7 Mikelyn (all at sailing).

This will be our 5th DCL cruise, unless my crazy MIL is serious about taking us to Alaska this summer :rolleyes1. This is our 3rd western, I REALLY wanted to do the eastern again for something different but the darn June 16th sailing was too full & we couldn't find decent adjoining or even next to each other cabins.

We live is sunny So Cal, and we can't wait to cruise again. My older DD's like to meet others their age before we cruise, I haven't read through the thread yet but if you have a DD around those ages they would love to email and get to know them!

Can't wait to get to know all of you!
Welcome!!! My DD's are up for meeting others also. The cruise seems so far away to my kids right now, that might help them pass the time. :goodvibes

The holidays were wonderful but very hetic. Can't wait to see you on the FB page...it's so much easier for me to check what's happening on FB.
I love the FB thing too, much easier to keep up with it all
Welcome!!! My DD's are up for meeting others also. The cruise seems so far away to my kids right now, that might help them pass the time. :goodvibes

My girls were ecstatic to see so many teens/tweens. We surprised them with the Dec 2010 cruise and although they were haPpy to cruise, they were whining about not knowing anyone and not thrilled with having to make friends on the fly. lol
My DS was perfectly happy making friends with DCL's Xbox though. He never has trouble finding a video game he gets along with:laughing:

Just waiting for the Jimmy Buffett concert dates to be released we hope to attend in Pittsburgh again this year. It is cold again here in South western NY but not snowing yet guess the south and eastern seaboard is going to get the worse of it...

Just waiting for the Jimmy Buffett concert dates to be released we hope to attend in Pittsburgh again this year. It is cold again here in South western NY but not snowing yet guess the south and eastern seaboard is going to get the worse of it...

Count me in as a Parrothead!

Hello all. We just booked our first Disney cruise last night & will be sailing with all of you!!!! We are so excited. This is our FIRST Disney cruise! We love WDW & can't wait to see Mickey on the big ship. We have been watching the cruise line video & wanted to book for years. You would think we are leaving tomorrow by my excitment!

We are DH, myself- Heather, DD 8years & DS 6years at cruising time.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter