June 9, 2012 Fantasy

Hi All!

Nice to see a thread for this cruise already..... It will be the two of us ..DS (who will be 16 by then) and myself.

If all goes as planned...this one will be our 7th Disney Cruise when we get there..... YUP.......IT IS ADDICTING :goodvibes DS and I did a 14 day transatlantic this year ...it was amazing to be on the ship for that long... and there are still thing we have yet to do :thumbsup2

I wanted to mention, I got a good tip from a Dis-Cruise Vet this week on Booking and on board credit.... sorry for the length but it will take a few sentences to explain

I waited to book our 2011 Dream cruises (2 Back to back cruises in August) till I got on the transatlantic so I could get my OBC and discount BUT because I waited till the cruise by the time I booked I didn't get the room I wanted and the price had also gone up enough (because of the demand) that it didn't really make much of a difference in price at all.

SO when the Fantasy opened up I booked right away...AND as per one of the Dis cruisers (because they did it) ....I can REBOOK my own Fantasy reservation when I am on the Dream and get my OBC :yay: but not lose the room I wanted. So I thought I'd try it. I don't have much to lose by seeing if it is possible. I will let you guys know if it works when I get back from the Dream cruises. I hope he is right :woohoo: and I hope this is helpful.... I know it was to me.

Anyhow, nice to meet you all and I look forward to seeing you in 2012!

Our family of 4 is booked on this cruise. This will be our 5th cruise with DCL, but the first time for a summer cruise to the Caribbean. Glad to see other tweens/teens already signed up. Our girls still stay in touch with a couple of the friends they made on past cruises. They will be 11 and 13 (almost 12/14) when we cruise. Moms who DIS seem to have a great deal in common too, looking forward to getting to know you guys. Never planned anything this far in advanace before, so I guess we have months/years :idea: to organize any DISmeets and FE exchanges.
:welcome: I'm glad you're joining us!!! It's nice to have more tween/teens on board my dd's will be so excited. We really do have years before we go...plenty of time to organize DISmeets and FE exchages. :rotfl:

Hi All!

Nice to see a thread for this cruise already..... It will be the two of us ..DS (who will be 16 by then) and myself.

If all goes as planned...this one will be our 7th Disney Cruise when we get there..... YUP.......IT IS ADDICTING :goodvibes DS and I did a 14 day transatlantic this year ...it was amazing to be on the ship for that long... and there are still thing we have yet to do :thumbsup2

I wanted to mention, I got a good tip from a Dis-Cruise Vet this week on Booking and on board credit.... sorry for the length but it will take a few sentences to explain

I waited to book our 2011 Dream cruises (2 Back to back cruises in August) till I got on the transatlantic so I could get my OBC and discount BUT because I waited till the cruise by the time I booked I didn't get the room I wanted and the price had also gone up enough (because of the demand) that it didn't really make much of a difference in price at all.

SO when the Fantasy opened up I booked right away...AND as per one of the Dis cruisers (because they did it) ....I can REBOOK my own Fantasy reservation when I am on the Dream and get my OBC :yay: but not lose the room I wanted. So I thought I'd try it. I don't have much to lose by seeing if it is possible. I will let you guys know if it works when I get back from the Dream cruises. I hope he is right :woohoo: and I hope this is helpful.... I know it was to me.

Anyhow, nice to meet you all and I look forward to seeing you in 2012!

:welcome: WOW 7 cruises how exciting. :goodvibes I really want to do the transatlantic, I bet that was awesome. Thanks for the rebooking tip, I think it will work. Let us know how it goes.:yay:

Thanks for the Welcome Lynette.

It looks like we already have a FUN group (of course my teen son thinks Disboards are crazy- meanwhile he plays games with strangers over the internet all the time :confused3) He said ....Are you already talking to those Disney cruise people again ?! I was like YUP :goodvibes

I think I only work to go on my next cruise LOL

Hello everyone! Just wanted to check-in and catch up on everyone's posts.

Did you all see the pics and videos of the Dream's float-out today? The message boards are all a buzz about it. Very exciting! :woohoo: Can't wait to sail her in September! :thumbsup2 Next up, we have the Fantasy to look forward to -- woot! :cool1:

We just booked this cruise. we were on the 5 night Dream we are getting 7 nights on the fantasy for less and a great on board credit too. It will be just the two of us... Mike and DW Eileen

We just got off the Magic yesterday and booked this cruise onboard. I am so excited to see there is already a cruise thread!

Hello everyone!!! I hope you all had a fun Halloween weekend! I celebrated my 39th Bday this weekend :scared: One year to live it up until I'm forty...by the time we sail I'll be 40 1/2. Is anyone interested in doing a closed facebook group? Check out the June 16 group they have a FB group going, I kinda want to do this, but not sure how to put a link on here with the fancy FB logo. So, if any of you out there know how to do this please feel free to put that together....it looks like a fun way to get to know each other.

Thanks for the Welcome Lynette.

It looks like we already have a FUN group (of course my teen son thinks Disboards are crazy- meanwhile he plays games with strangers over the internet all the time :confused3) He said ....Are you already talking to those Disney cruise people again ?! I was like YUP :goodvibes

Yes, we are those crazy DISers ;)

I think I only work to go on my next cruise LOL

That's what I tell people all the time "I'm working to pay for my next Disney vacation." :laughing:

Hello everyone! Just wanted to check-in and catch up on everyone's posts.

Did you all see the pics and videos of the Dream's float-out today? The message boards are all a buzz about it. Very exciting! :woohoo: Can't wait to sail her in September! :thumbsup2 Next up, we have the Fantasy to look forward to -- woot! :cool1:
Yes, I saw that! You're very lucky that you get to go in Sept. :woohoo:

We just booked this cruise. we were on the 5 night Dream we are getting 7 nights on the fantasy for less and a great on board credit too. It will be just the two of us... Mike and DW Eileen
:wave2: WELCOME!!! That sounds like such a good deal....I would have rebooked to the 7 night also.
:
We just got off the Magic yesterday and booked this cruise onboard. I am so excited to see there is already a cruise thread!
:wave2: WELCOME!!! I hope you had a great time on your cruise. :dance3: I'm so glad we've had so many new people check in. Can't wait to get to know you all better. :yay:

Hello everyone!!! I hope you all had a fun Halloween weekend! I celebrated my 39th Bday this weekend :scared: One year to live it up until I'm forty...by the time we sail I'll be 40 1/2. Is anyone interested in doing a closed facebook group? Check out the June 16 group they have a FB group going, I kinda want to do this, but not sure how to put a link on here with the fancy FB logo. So, if any of you out there know how to do this please feel free to put that together....it looks like a fun way to get to know each other.

Happy belated Birthday!:yay:

I would be interested in doing a FB group. Not sure how to do it but will look into it. I will let you know when and if I am able to do it.

I did it! I created a closed Facebook page for our group. I titled the page "June 9, 2012 Fantasy Disney Cruise." I am not exactly sure how others join. For those that want to join, please let me know if you can request to join. Otherwise, you can post here (or PM me) your name as it appears on FB and I can add you.

I can't wait to get to know everyone better! :cool1: Thanks parrotheadmom for the idea!

I did it! I created a closed Facebook page for our group. I titled the page "June 9, 2012 Fantasy Disney Cruise." I am not exactly sure how others join. For those that want to join, please let me know if you can request to join. Otherwise, you can post here (or PM me) your name as it appears on FB and I can add you.

I can't wait to get to know everyone better! :cool1: Thanks parrotheadmom for the idea!
Found it, sent you a request :goodvibes

Happy Birthday Lynette!!!!:bday:

Thanks for the Birthday wishes :goodvibes

Jodijo- just looked at your 2009 Disney Cruise pics....you've got a very beautiful family. What part of California are you from?

Jodijo- just looked at your 2009 Disney Cruise pics....you've got a very beautiful family. What part of California are you from?

Thanks! We are from Northern CA. We are about 10 minutes from Auburn (if you know where that is).

Hi Everyone! I just booked for myself, my DD, who will be 19 on this cruise and my DS who will be 16. This is our second cruise, the first was a 4 day Wonder 2 years ago after Thanksgiving. We're looking forward to a summer cruise! This will be my 50th birthday present to myself, so I'm really hoping everything falls in place!

Thanks! We are from Northern CA. We are about 10 minutes from Auburn (if you know where that is).
Hey, I live in Northern Nevada almost neighbors ;) at least in the same time zone.

Hi Everyone! I just booked for myself, my DD, who will be 19 on this cruise and my DS who will be 16. This is our second cruise, the first was a 4 day Wonder 2 years ago after Thanksgiving. We're looking forward to a summer cruise! This will be my 50th birthday present to myself, so I'm really hoping everything falls in place!

:welcome: What a perfect way to celebrate your 50th birthday!

Hello all! I am excited to see all of the interest already! I am planning on booking this date (I say "planning" because my husband isn't ready to put the money down on another cruise until we take our Magic 2011 one!) I am trying to convince him that we can book now, get the room we want, and then try to rebook on-board in March if the price is right, plus we will already have the room we want...

It will be myself (Teri) and DH (both of us in late 30s (ugh!)), DS (7) and DD (6).

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

(Oh, and I totally do work for my next Disney vacay! I teach some online college courses and put that money straight into my vacation savings! I LOVE DCL! :love:)

Hello all! I am excited to see all of the interest already! I am planning on booking this date (I say "planning" because my husband isn't ready to put the money down on another cruise until we take our Magic 2011 one!) I am trying to convince him that we can book now, get the room we want, and then try to rebook on-board in March if the price is right, plus we will already have the room we want...

It will be myself (Teri) and DH (both of us in late 30s (ugh!)), DS (7) and DD (6).

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

(Oh, and I totally do work for my next Disney vacay! I teach some online college courses and put that money straight into my vacation savings! I LOVE DCL! :love:)

:welcome: and thanks for joining us on FB :goodvibes You should book now, the price may go up in four months. I think you can rebook on board and get the 10% off the price you paid now...not sure maybe someone else knows.

See my quote on post # 21....I did hear that another dis-er rebooked a cruise and got his OBC..... so I am going to try it ....only hoping that it works...but this will be the first time I tried it.

My son and I are doing a 3 night RCI (first time for a cruise line other than disney) next weekend...he has no idea..it will be a birthday suprise.... with some of my family. I am excited and I know I will have fun BUT I also know... I will be wishing it was disney ;)

See my quote on post # 21....I did hear that another dis-er rebooked a cruise and got his OBC..... so I am going to try it ....only hoping that it works...but this will be the first time I tried it.

My son and I are doing a 3 night RCI (first time for a cruise line other than disney) next weekend...he has no idea..it will be a birthday suprise.... with some of my family. I am excited and I know I will have fun BUT I also know... I will be wishing it was disney ;)
What a fun birthday surprise. Report back and let us know how it went. Any vacation I take I'm always wishing it was Disney. :goodvibes

Hi all, we are booked also. Me and my DH, DD (19), DS(8) We just got off our first ever cruise sailing 10/23-10/30 on the Magic. I see Karyn was on that one also! Very excited for 2012...seems like so long away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter