June 8, 2013 Wedding!!!

VAdisneybride

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone I've been on these boards forever and I have finally decided it was time to start my own! My name is Kari and my fiance's name is Ryan. We have 2 beautiful little girls. Lilia (my daughter) she is 5, and we have Sophia together, she is 18 months. We have been engaged for over a year, but we wanted to save so that I could have the wedding that I always wanted. I have said since I was a little girl that I wanted to get married at Disney World and I am bound and determined to make it happen.OHHH almost forgot the engagement story:lovestruc I knew that we had the ring, I had picked it out and we had had a ton of trouble with the sizing. But I was in bed one night and my oldest who was 4 at the time came into the room with Ryan and handed me that ring and said "mommy will you marry Ryan?"....It was soo cute

So where we are so far in the planning:
I have contacted Disney already and have been assigned Pam, she has been great so far. We are planning for a June 8, 2013 wedding at 10:00 am at SeaBreeze Point. Right now the reception is penciled in for the White hall room. The reason behind the wedding date is we had to wait to my oldest daughter was out of school for the summer because we want to stay for 2 weeks and that is too much time for her to miss school. We wanted a date with an 8 in it because we seem to have alot of 8's around us. My bday is 4/18, and the daughters are 8/18 and 8/28!
I have already purchased my dress, veil and headband. I LOVE all of them, the dress is a Cassini and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
We have booked our officiant, KEVIN KNOX, I am super excited about this after seeing his ceremony options.
I will be putting my deposit down in the next couple of days with Beaute Speciale!

That is all the I have for now, I feel like I am just in a waiting game now until we can put the deposit down!

Welcome and congratulations on your engagement!

Your wedding will come round so quickly! It only seems like yesterday we got engaged, and now look how far my ticker is along! hehe So far your plans sound great!

Anyway... looking forward to hearing all your plans as you go and reading along!

Happy planning!

XXX

quick question for everyone. When should I get more info from disney or hear anything else? Pam says I wont hear anything until she submits my date at a year out, but I seem to remember people getting there room blocks and other information before the actual year

Welcome!! We only started with Disney with 8 months until our wedding, so I never had to wait and don't know how much you can get - I want to say you have to wait until your year mark, because you aren't guaranteed your locations and then you may change your date to keep the location you want etc, also hotels may change depending where the wedding is (if you end up keeping your date and changing location)? I could be wrong :rolleyes1

Have you considered the St. James Hall & Patio at the BW? Only because you are getting married at Sea Breeze Point. The decor at the BW ballrooms looks the same to me as the GF (walls are the same, just the carpet is different I believe), and the St James is very similar to the Whitehall and has the patio as well. If you keep your ceremony and reception in the same place, you won't have to pay for transportation to move everyone over to the GF, just my two cents! This was something we definitely took into account when we started planning! :) We're finding the BW area to be very accomodating for our guests in that they can stay at several different hotels including S/D that are all walking distance to everything and easy for everyone coming to meet up and do something without going into the parks. I know a lot of people really like and want the GF for their wedding, just a suggestion! :goodvibes

Do you have a theme, colors, bridal party set? What hotels are you thinking about blocking? Not too long until you can lock in! Maybe we can set a countdown for that! :cheer2:

popcorn::

Congratulations your plans sound great so far.

That is a super lucky date it's my daughters birthday the 8th June

We are hoping for 14th May 2013 for our wedding date .

Looking forward to hearing the rest of your plans come together

Andrea x

Welcome!! We only started with Disney with 8 months until our wedding, so I never had to wait and don't know how much you can get - I want to say you have to wait until your year mark, because you aren't guaranteed your locations and then you may change your date to keep the location you want etc, also hotels may change depending where the wedding is (if you end up keeping your date and changing location)? I could be wrong :rolleyes1

Have you considered the St. James Hall & Patio at the BW? Only because you are getting married at Sea Breeze Point. The decor at the BW ballrooms looks the same to me as the GF (walls are the same, just the carpet is different I believe), and the St James is very similar to the Whitehall and has the patio as well. If you keep your ceremony and reception in the same place, you won't have to pay for transportation to move everyone over to the GF, just my two cents! This was something we definitely took into account when we started planning! :) We're finding the BW area to be very accomodating for our guests in that they can stay at several different hotels including S/D that are all walking distance to everything and easy for everyone coming to meet up and do something without going into the parks. I know a lot of people really like and want the GF for their wedding, just a suggestion! :goodvibes

Do you have a theme, colors, bridal party set? What hotels are you thinking about blocking? Not too long until you can lock in! Maybe we can set a countdown for that! :cheer2:

popcorn::

I haven't really looked at many reception venues. Pam from disney suggested the white hall. I wanted ADH or the napa room and she thought that ADH would be too big and that that napa room may be too small.

We dont really have a theme I dont guess. I am a huge pink person so that def has to be one of the colors. At first we were looking at pink and brown but I didnt think that was summery enough. Now I think we are looking at maybe bright pink and that bright turqoise color. The bridal party so far is going to be my sister MOH and his brother for BM. And then it gets tricky, we have 2 daughters that will be in it and 3 nieces that we also want in it. The oldest niece will be 11 so she will probably be a Junior Brides maid and the rest will be some sort of flower girls. As far as the room block I know we want either The contemporary or BLT (maybe both) and then I dont know which moderate or value we would want.

Congratulations your plans sound great so far.

That is a super lucky date it's my daughters birthday the 8th June

Andrea x

We are hoping for 14th May 2013 for our wedding date .

Looking forward to hearing the rest of your plans come together

Thanks so much! We seem to be lucky with the number 8

Congratualtions.

Welcome! We're waiting impatiently for June to arrive too, our date is June 27!

Welcome! Very sweet proposal story :) We're aiming for October 2013 so you're already ahead of us! I can't wait to read about more of your plans!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter