June 8, 2013 Mediterranean Magic!!

I just booked our pre-cruise hotel stay at the Hilton Diagonal. DCL has used this hotel on previous cruises, so I am hoping that they will again. I wanted to use our Hilton Honors points so we didn't have to pay for the hotel, but I was floored when I found out that many of the rooms using points were already gone. So others are obviously planning ahead.

Now to wait for the airlines to bring out the airfares.

Have you stayed at this hotel before??

What other ports does it have?

No, but I hae been told that Disney has used this as a pre-cruise hotel in the past and it did get good reviews. And again, I wanted to use our Hilton Honors points, so for us, it was a win-win.

No, but I hae been told that Disney has used this as a pre-cruise hotel in the past and it did get good reviews. And again, I wanted to use our Hilton Honors points, so for us, it was a win-win.

I was just looking at their rooms. Gorgeous!! However the deluxe king room which sleeps 3 is $451 a night. I got a little sticker shocked :scared1: wondering if all area hotels are like this?

I was just looking at their rooms. Gorgeous!! However the deluxe king room which sleeps 3 is $451 a night. I got a little sticker shocked :scared1: wondering if all area hotels are like this?

Here is the trick. I called Hilton 4 times until I finally got someone to call Spain and conference me in. We booked the Standard King with a comment to bring in a cot. There is a trick that most reps don't know about that permits 3 to stay in a standard king (I have no idea what that trick is). I figured if we feel cramped in the room, we really aren't going to be in it for that long anyway and when we are, we will be asleep. AND it is getting us ready for the size of a cabin on a ship :)

Here is the trick. I called Hilton 4 times until I finally got someone to call Spain and conference me in. We booked the Standard King with a comment to bring in a cot. There is a trick that most reps don't know about that permits 3 to stay in a standard king (I have no idea what that trick is). I figured if we feel cramped in the room, we really aren't going to be in it for that long anyway and when we are, we will be asleep. AND it is getting us ready for the size of a cabin on a ship :)

Good to know! I have been researching other hotels from the various trip reports. There are more affordable options out there. For the night before I think I will worry about price. For the nights after location and comfort will be the driving factor.

We might fly in 2 days in advance since airfare leaving on a Wed may be the cheapest option. And it will give us a couple of days to see Barcelona and get our times adjusted.

We might fly in 2 days in advance since airfare leaving on a Wed may be the cheapest option. And it will give us a couple of days to see Barcelona and get our times adjusted.

Our last day of school is June 7th! The last 3 days are half days but they insist 8th graders will take final exams those days. So when we fly out will be driven by how many teachers let him take his exams early. Would love to fly out Wednesday night overnight and get in Thursday morning. I have been told there are never exams the very last day just parties. Worst case we fly out Thursday afternoon. :confused:

Our last day of school is June 7th! The last 3 days are half days but they insist 8th graders will take final exams those days. So when we fly out will be driven by how many teachers let him take his exams early. Would love to fly out Wednesday night overnight and get in Thursday morning. I have been told there are never exams the very last day just parties. Worst case we fly out Thursday afternoon. :confused:

Yep, that is our issue too. My son will be a Freshman in HS so we aren't sure what the situation will be yet. Where are you flying from? We are flying out of OH.

Yep, that is our issue too. My son will be a Freshman in HS so we aren't sure what the situation will be yet. Where are you flying from? We are flying out of OH.

We are in SC but our airport is small. More than likely we will fly out of Charlotte NC about 1 1/2 hrs from our house.

we are also in upstate SC and are booked on this cruise. me (dad) and DD. we did a DCL med cruise in 2010 and are excited heading back.

we are also in upstate SC and are booked on this cruise. me (dad) and DD. we did a DCL med cruise in 2010 and are excited heading back.

How old is DD?? Looking forward to hearing about your past experiences!

Me, DW, DD (14 at cruise time), DS (11 at cruise time). Will be our family's first trip to Europe- Excited!!! :cool1:

But the airfare hunt...not so much...:scared:

Me, DW, DD (14 at cruise time), DS (11 at cruise time). Will be our family's first trip to Europe- Excited!!! :cool1:

But the airfare hunt...not so much...:scared:

Welcome! At least we will be on the hunt together!:grouphug:

We just booked our cruise!! Very exciting! It will be me, dh, ds (9) and dd (5). :cheer2:

And a fun fact in this forum, dd was a souvenier from our last cruise! Though this time, I think I'll go with one of those new Dooney and Bourke bags!

We just booked our cruise!! Very exciting! It will be me, dh, ds (9) and dd (5). :cheer2:

And a fun fact in this forum, dd was a souvenier from our last cruise! Though this time, I think I'll go with one of those new Dooney and Bourke bags!

Welcome!:welcome: looking forward to hearing your feedback & suggestions for the trip!!

I too think I will just go with a Douney & Bourke bag!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter