• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 8, 2013 Mediterranean Magic!!

We are bringing one bag each. no way could we only bring one bag total :eek:

I have shoe issues. It is going to kill me to not bring a suitcase full of shoes!!

We pack our clothes in the carry ons. I'm sure it's harder with little ones, but my family is older and we've already cruise the med in 07 with no clothes because the airline lost the luggage. Now we carry them on and leave what won't fit. We just make do ;)

And I agree, I'd have to do something diff if I had little ones ;)

Funny, that happened to us on the '07 Med too. I had 2 bags then, it was just me and my older 2 kids because my husband had to work, and my mom (who had her own bags). The bag that was lost was the one with 95% of my stuff and all of my son's stuff. They actually lost it between the cruise and Paris (we did a week there post-cruise), and also broke the luggage holding my daughter's stuff, rendering it useless if we opened it. So we had to buy all new stuff for me, an 11 month old (which was actually more challenging than you would think!), and 2 new luggages, one to hold the new stuff, one to replace the broken one. Oh, and my mom had jewelry she bought in Italy on the cruise (that glass stuff) and she, very stupidly, packed it in her checked luggage. Yes, that was stolen along with some of her clothes. And they never found the bag they lost, which was so depressing at it was my son's entire summer wardrobe with super cute Gymboree and Baby Gap stuff than matched his sister. Bad, bad trip! We're hoping for better luck this time around!

We are bringing one bag each. no way could we only bring one bag total :eek:

I have shoe issues. It is going to kill me to not bring a suitcase full of shoes!!

Now that I totally get. When I heard one bag and no space for the FE I figured you meant one bag total, crammed with everyone's stuff. And I was amazed. ;)

Funny, that happened to us on the '07 Med too. I had 2 bags then, it was just me and my older 2 kids because my husband had to work, and my mom (who had her own bags). The bag that was lost was the one with 95% of my stuff and all of my son's stuff. They actually lost it between the cruise and Paris (we did a week there post-cruise), and also broke the luggage holding my daughter's stuff, rendering it useless if we opened it. So we had to buy all new stuff for me, an 11 month old (which was actually more challenging than you would think!), and 2 new luggages, one to hold the new stuff, one to replace the broken one. Oh, and my mom had jewelry she bought in Italy on the cruise (that glass stuff) and she, very stupidly, packed it in her checked luggage. Yes, that was stolen along with some of her clothes. And they never found the bag they lost, which was so depressing at it was my son's entire summer wardrobe with super cute Gymboree and Baby Gap stuff than matched his sister. Bad, bad trip! We're hoping for better luck this time around!

Now that I totally get. When I heard one bag and no space for the FE I figured you meant one bag total, crammed with everyone's stuff. And I was amazed. ;)

You have officially freaked me out!! Lost luggage would kill me!! I am not a good packer. I almost always over pack!! This 1 suitcase plan in going to be HARD!

You have officially freaked me out!! Lost luggage would kill me!! I am not a good packer. I almost always over pack!! This 1 suitcase plan in going to be HARD!

I am hoping that was a fluke incident, and it was inter-Europe travel, which was slightly different in terms of check-in and stuff. We flew from Barcelona to Paris (the tiny Paris airport) on Iberia.

I am hoping that was a fluke incident, and it was inter-Europe travel, which was slightly different in terms of check-in and stuff. We flew from Barcelona to Paris (the tiny Paris airport) on Iberia.

We are flying Barcelona to Lisbon. Portugal is a long time dream of mine. Combining Portugal and a Disney cruise is the best vacation ever! :thumbsup2

Not sure if this was previously posted or not, but thought I'd share it in case it wasn't. I asked the concierge team for the special nights and this is the list I got back.

June 8th- Casual
June 9th- Formal Night
June 10th- Casual
June 11th- Casual
June 12th- Casual
June 13th- Pirate Night
June 14th- Casual

Not sure if this was previously posted or not, but thought I'd share it in case it wasn't. I asked the concierge team for the special nights and this is the list I got back.

June 8th- Casual
June 9th- Formal Night
June 10th- Casual
June 11th- Casual
June 12th- Casual
June 13th- Pirate Night
June 14th- Casual

Thanks!! Now to figure out what night to do Palo

So I decided on dinner. June 12th our Rome day is my birthday. Seems like the best night to do Palo!

Which sea day would you do brunch? The first day or the last day?

So I decided on dinner. June 12th our Rome day is my birthday. Seems like the best night to do Palo!

Which sea day would you do brunch? The first day or the last day?

Hmm, I've been wondering that too and thinking maybe the 1st day just cause I won't be exhausted yet! ;) The last day would be good though too, nice way to finish things off. I don't think you can go wrong with either!

I haven't picked a dinner night yet. Thinking about La Spezia day if we break it up and do just Florence that day (and Pisa on the next cruise), but I haven't figured that part out yet, so....

And happy June birthday! Mine is the 1st and my anniversary is the 5th, the day we fly out.

Hmm, I've been wondering that too and thinking maybe the 1st day just cause I won't be exhausted yet! ;) The last day would be good though too, nice way to finish things off. I don't think you can go wrong with either!

I haven't picked a dinner night yet. Thinking about La Spezia day if we break it up and do just Florence that day (and Pisa on the next cruise), but I haven't figured that part out yet, so....

And happy June birthday! Mine is the 1st and my anniversary is the 5th, the day we fly out.

June birthdays are the best! :cool1: I was asking DH the same thing last night about La Spezia. We have decided to just do Florence as well. I think I was overshooting to do both. :confused3

June 8th- Casual
June 9th- Formal Night
June 10th- Casual
June 11th- Casual
June 12th- Casual
June 13th- Pirate Night
June 14th- Casual

I didn't even think about Pirate Night! Since we will get off in Naples, we will miss it!pirate: Maybe need to rethink? But we typically don't dress or anything. But the fireworks??? Hummmmm...
And we may try and do Palo on the Rome day and we still have to debate if we will do the brunch or not. :woohoo:

And a tip I read somewhere is to pack your bags with a little bit of each person's stuff in each bag. That way if they lose one you aren't stuck. Not sure this will work but it sounds good in theory! :wizard:

Another day closer!!!!:banana::banana::banana:

SueTGGR said:
And a tip I read somewhere is to pack your bags with a little bit of each person's stuff in each bag. That way if they lose one you aren't stuck. Not sure this will work but it sounds good in theory! :wizard:

Best tip ever and true. We lost all our luggage in 07 and while it slowly trickled in, only certain members got their cloths because we didn't do this :)

Now we only bring what will fit in a carry on and pack an extra bag filled with stuff we don't mind NOT having.

I agree in spreading it across all three suitcases.

I am definitely doing Palo brunch. I have read & seen so many pictures there is no way I would miss it!

I didn't even think about Pirate Night! Since we will get off in Naples, we will miss it!pirate: Maybe need to rethink? But we typically don't dress or anything. But the fireworks??? Hummmmm...
And we may try and do Palo on the Rome day and we still have to debate if we will do the brunch or not. :woohoo:

I agree in spreading it across all three suitcases.

I am definitely doing Palo brunch. I have read & seen so many pictures there is no way I would miss it!

That is what we do now, after the disaster in '07. It drives the organizer in me absolutely crazy, but I have found a way to make it work, but packing by the day now, not the person.

I love Palo brunch! Definitely a must do for us.

That is what we do now, after the disaster in '07. It drives the organizer in me absolutely crazy, but I have found a way to make it work, but packing by the day now, not the person.

I love Palo brunch! Definitely a must do for us.

What is the best item at brunch?

What is the best item at brunch?

Hmm. My husband and I have different tastes. His would be the eggs benedict (or florentine? I forget what he gets). I am partial to the grape and gorgonzola pizza that (I think) they do for brunch, but they stopped pizzas at dinner? Something we both eat and love is the sweet bread (name escapes me at the moment) with fresh whipped cream, and berries. So good.

I am also a fish eater, so I generally get whatever fish they have and love it. My husband more of a chicken/beef person.

Even if you just got pancakes though, way better than the main dining rooms!

Hmm. My husband and I have different tastes. His would be the eggs benedict (or florentine? I forget what he gets). I am partial to the grape and gorgonzola pizza that (I think) they do for brunch, but they stopped pizzas at dinner? Something we both eat and love is the sweet bread (name escapes me at the moment) with fresh whipped cream, and berries. So good.

I am also a fish eater, so I generally get whatever fish they have and love it. My husband more of a chicken/beef person.

Even if you just got pancakes though, way better than the main dining rooms!

I know for sure I am trying that pizza. Everyone raves about it. I am a huge seafood person so that is good. I cannot wait to try it!

Does anyone know what the dining menus are for 7 night cruise. I know we have pirate night menu on day 6 and the set menu three nights for dining rooms. What are the other three days menu ? I am trying to figure out when I might want to go to Palo for Dinner.:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Does anyone know what the dining menus are for 7 night cruise. I know we have pirate night menu on day 6 and the set menu three nights for dining rooms. What are the other three days menu ? I am trying to figure out when I might want to go to Palo for Dinner.:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Will the menus in the Med change because of a different itinerary or will everything be the same in 2013?

I didn't think the menus changed that much. Especially when you read the trip reports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter