June 8, 2011 – Mediterranean

Well we fly out tomorrow to Barcelona! We will be staying at the Hotel Pulitzer.

Saft travels everyone!

Just finished printing the door magnets. Off to Barcelona tomorrow! I can't believe it's finally here! See you all on Wednesday.:thumbsup2

Not long now till we will be in Barcelona and getting on the magic :) hope you all on this cruise have a safe a lovely holiday and sure know we will be:cool1:

We arrived in Barccelona todday and am now in the AC Diplomatic. thunder storming outside. We got caught in the rain, earlier in the afternoon.

One thing I've already noticed (and noticed a couple of years ago in Paris), queuing up or lining up seems to be a lost art here (if it ever was). Even got "yelled" at when we complained when this guy just walked up to the hotel check in desk while we were waiting for a free person to help us ... he asked why we weren't up at the desk .... well, nobody was there!!! I wasn't going to an empty station. Duh. I was not amused.

Anyhow, it's onto the ship tomorrow so I shall erase that boor with thoughts of the Magic. :rotfl:

Just a quick note to say it was lovely to have met you all. Thank goodness we were gifted with such brilliant weather!

Safe travels back home :)

Sitting in the mall across the street from the Hilton Diagonal Mar enjoying wifi that's actually accessible and FAST! :rotfl:

The weather was indeed spectacular and continues as I type. Our journey home starts tomorrow. It was a pleasure meeting you guys and seeing you throughout the cruise. I hope to see photos after we all get home.
:thumbsup2

I'm so so sad to be home :sad1:

How many people are doing trip reports? I can't wait to read some. I will be doin mine as soon as I can find the time!

We're at Heathrow waiting for our flight home. I can't believe it's over. We had been planning this since April of last year and it seems unreal that it's now over.

Would anybody be interested if I started a Facebook page (or whatever they are called these days) so we can post our photos for all of us to see? I can make it a private group so not everybody in the world can see it?

How many people are doing trip reports? I can't wait to read some. I will be doin mine as soon as I can find the time!

Seriously not impressed to be back home/ at work. Thats the problem with having such an amazing trip to look forward to .... once its over ..... Sorry we didn't make it to the get together ... timing things with two little ones just doesn't seem to work! Thank you so much for the FE gifts too ..... we seemed to miss the magnet swap thingy but hope you liked yours. It was lovely to come back to the room to find goodies waiting for us. DS especially loved the surprises.

As for a trip report ..... I don't think anyone would be interested in ours ..... got up, ate too much, played by the pool/ in the club, wandered round the ship, ate more, played a bit, ate some more ... crashed out! We did make it off at a few ports (Valletta, La Spezia, Villefranche) and they were amazing and totally doable with the little ones. Decided that Palermo and Naples were a bit too hairy, we found them hard work in the heat last time.

Looking forward to hearing peoples feedback. Our servers (Anel and Subhash) were definitely the best we've had although there was a problem explaining that english breakfast tea is really better with milk than coffee creamer, every day! And Liam the head server was super, very impressed. I've wondered in the past (don't shout) what we tipped them for but he worked hard for us and the other diners.

Kit

I agree is it is sad to be home.....what an awesome trip...beautiful weather and a great ship.

Definitely a bit of a downer to be home - even though home for the next 7 days is Paris, then I'm off travelling again.

I'm already documenting my trip, the link to my TR is in my signature if anyone's interested, and yes I'd definitely be a taker for a Facebook page!! Have about half my photos up already on my own page :)

What a fantastic trip! I hope everyone had as good of a time as we did. I'm so glad that my months of planning came together smoothly. We saw some fantastic things and made great memories.
We arrived home Monday evening and I was disappointed not to have a towel animal on my bed :confused3 Then the post-vacation depression set in. Maisie is already asking when we are "going back on Mickey's boat" so I guess it's time to start planning our next trip.
I took about 2,000 pictures and I'm working on a trip report on my blog. I've posted pics through Rome if anyone is interested.

Take care.

It was so nice to meet many of you and I hope you all enjoyed the cruise as much as we did. We just got back last night and I am so ready to go back!!!!

I love the idea of sharing pictures through Facebook if everyone else is interested. Good idea Chris.

Wendy

I want to add that some kind and generous soul put magnets on almost every door in our area of the ship (7th deck Forward) and that was just so neat. I could figure out which door was ours without a second thought after the magnets appeared magically on the first night. If our magnet fairy is on this thread, our thanks to your creativeness and thoughtfulness. :goodvibes

Ok, it's only been 5 minutes and i'm struggling! Do you mind me doing a practice photo upload. My photos are on my computer file but it's wanting an internet link. I have uploaded some on facebook but it takes sooo long! Any other suggestions welcome x

www.facebook.com

WHAT A FANTASTIC TRIP...THE MEDITERRANEAN CRUISE

I'm home, my grands are home, and we all need sleep to catch up with the time zones. We didn't have any rain to speak of anywhere! My grands, Shelby and Andrea also liked sightseeing and shopping in Barcelona. We stayed there a few days after the trip. The Disney Magic was the best in service. I met so many great and wonderful people...especially you of the DIS boards chats.
At 75 I sure got around, even though my back was giving me major problems...went 1/2 way up Pisa!!!

My best to all of you,
Rose, Shelby and Andrea:cheer2::cheer2:

It was so nice to meet many of you and I hope you all enjoyed the cruise as much as we did. We just got back last night and I am so ready to go back!!!!

I love the idea of sharing pictures through Facebook if everyone else is interested. Good idea Chris.

Wendy

Hi Wendy! How was Venice? I'm sure your kids were happy to see you and enjoyed the presents you got them. I don't remember if you took pictures of us in your cam but if you do have some pls. Send it to me thru email, Thanks.

I would love to share pics on Facebook.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter