June 8, 2011 – Mediterranean

We're so excited it's getting so close!! Did a bunch of packing last night but still more to do. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Someone earlier asked about what movies might be showing... I replied with the phone number you could call, but for those who don't have the time and might still be interested, as of today, and subject to change (of course) the following movies are showing aboard the Magic:
Up (3D), Princess and the Frog (3D), Toy Story 3 (3D), Tangled (3D), Tron (3D), Gnomeo and Juliet (3D), Mars Needs Moms (3D), I am Number 4, African Cats, Prom and PIRATES 4!!!! Whoo Hooo!!!!:cool1:

Today I made copies of paper work and itineraries for family, wrote letters to our girls to mail the day we leave so they can get a message in the mail, and crossed most of the other "t's" and dotted most other "i's". It's getting more real each day. I'm going to need a vacation from vacation planning!!!!! :rotfl:

Hi Kit

Were from North Wales, in Flintshire! Got a few questions...?

Are jeans allowed in the evening?
Do little girls wear Princess outfits in the evenings?
We tried to book a table at Palo for three and we couldn't? Any idea why?
Do people stay on ship and not bother to go on land?
The trips are pricey, what do people do about seeing the sights?
Can you leave the kids onboard and get off the ship?
Are the sights etc quite a drive/way from the ports?
What time is the Pirate party? I heard 10pm?

Thanks

Jo

Hi Kit

Were from North Wales, in Flintshire! Got a few questions...?

Thanks

Jo

Are jeans allowed in the evening? I'm pretty sure on cruise casual nights I have worn jeans and dh shorts thought I'm thinking this may be controversial
Do little girls wear Princess outfits in the evenings? I took great delight in dressing my 6 month old in frilly dresses for the photos and the princesses went mad for her :-) I'm not a dressing up kind of person normally!
We tried to book a table at Palo for three and we couldn't? Any idea why? we didn't manage to book at all!
Do people stay on ship and not bother to go on land? yup - I reckon that will be usThe trips are pricey, what do people do about seeing the sights?
Can you leave the kids onboard and get off the ship? I THINK you can but tbh I wouldn't go far as they flatly refuse to take your mobile number. They'll be able to contact you if you're on an official trip .... We left our 3 year old for maybe a couple of hours last year but wouldn't leave the younger one
Are the sights etc quite a drive/way from the ports? depends on the port
What time is the Pirate party? I heard 10pm? sorry I don't know, slept through last years!

Hope there are more replies for you :-) Getting exciting :-)

Okie dokie, I'm a few hours from leaving for the airport for the first part of our trip. Can't believe that over a year in planning has finally arrived. LOL

MummytoCerys, I've never had luck with getting a Palo reservation online. LOL I'm going to try to see what I can do when I get onboard. I'll be practically running to the bar.... :lmao:

Just for an FYI guys, I had an email from Disney Cruiseline last night asking me if they'd like me to change my Palo reservation from the first night to another night that was more convenient as 'several reservation places have just opened up'.

I don't know if that will change anything on the website or not, but in case you haven't checked lately and want a reservation - there's a chance there might be openings!

Just for an FYI guys, I had an email from Disney Cruiseline last night asking me if they'd like me to change my Palo reservation from the first night to another night that was more convenient as 'several reservation places have just opened up'.

I don't know if that will change anything on the website or not, but in case you haven't checked lately and want a reservation - there's a chance there might be openings!

Yesterday, when i checked the Palo reservations, there were none availble. I just checked after reading your message and Dinner for 3-4 persons is now available. I didn't see what day it was because I'm interested in either brunch or tea. But thanks for the heads up, I'll keep checking until I'm on board. LOL

I posted at May EBTA meet thread and asked about the exchange rate onboard, it's 1 Euro = $1.47, not bad at all.

That's not bad at all. I finally gave into the bank and exchanged dollars at a rate of $1.51 for 1 Euro. Ugh!!!!:headache:

Safe travels to everyone -- I can't believe how close the cruise is. We will see you in the Promenade Lounge in five days!!!:cool1:

I can't believe how close this trip is now.
I've finally finished packing :cool1:
Safe travel to anyone traverling in the next few days :cool1:

Is anyone planning on going into Barcelona after checking in at the pier?

We are arriving on 6/8 and want to get checked in and drop off our bags in the morning but thought maybe we would go into see some of the city before the ship leaves at 9pm. Thoughts anyone?

I can't believe how close this trip is now.
I've finally finished packing :cool1:
Safe travel to anyone traverling in the next few days :cool1:

Safe travels everyone :-)

We've finished work before the trip now :banana: We've had a manic time with work recently and are SO ready for the break, we'll be the ones collapsed in the shade on loungers asleep in the corner the whole trip :rotfl: Sights, what sights ;)

Packing ..... have a cardboard box on the bedroom floor that I've been throwing bits and pieces in but thats as far as its got. its killing me *** I want to be organised but we're out all weekend for 70th birthday parties and various other things so packing will have to happen on Monday when the children are at nursery for a few hours. Might have to tackle the laundry before then though :laundy:

"Is anyone planning on going into Barcelona after checking in at the pier?" - as above, we're hoping to get straight on board and start being looked after asap! The first cruise we did from Barcelona we had a late flight after debarking at dawn so spent the day at the aquarium keeping cool and wandering the streets taking in the sights so we can kind of say we've done Barcelona.

Kit

So excited! We're at the airport now! We'll see you guys on Wednesday! Safe Travels everyone.

Bonjour from Paris! We've had a great stay and are headed to DLP in the morning! See you all in a couple of days! :yay:

We'll be flying to Barcelona tomorrow - less than 24 hours now! I've got to go sort my piles and try to squeeze everything into the luggage!

Can't wait to see everyone on the ship!

I posted at May EBTA meet thread and asked about the exchange rate onboard, it's 1 Euro = $1.47, not bad at all.

Any idea what forms of payment they will accept on the ship for exchange? Do you need cash, or will they let you use a credit/ATM card or maybe even charge it to your account? I think that is a better exchange rate than using the ATM's when you factor in the 3% fee that my bank charges.

Just checked in at our hotel here in Barcelona! :cool1: We met a family at the airport while in line for immigration who will be in the same cruise.

Any idea what forms of payment they will accept on the ship for exchange? Do you need cash, or will they let you use a credit/ATM card or maybe even charge it to your account? I think that is a better exchange rate than using the ATM's when you factor in the 3% fee that my bank charges.

I'm not sure but from what I read before, they can only change your cash they won't let you charge it to your account onboard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter