June 7, 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean

I am looking for a FE group for my daughter 9 yrs old and myself. How does this work? This is our first cruise! We have been looking on Pinterest for cruise planning and came across the FE. How fun! My daughter would love to do this!
Thanks!
Tami

FE Group #3:
I am organizing a Fish Extender group.
Who would like to join this group? Please send me your name,(disney husband/disney wife) kids (if applicable...post as DS (disney son) or DD (disney daughter) and the kids ages. Are you celebrating anything and favorite character. This way, as our group continues to grow, we can see exactly who is in our group! I will max the list with 15 staterooms and send a list with all the information.

Please join the Facebook Page - Disney Fantasy Fun Cruise June 7, 2014
This will make it easier to see all the information.

Thank you,
Tamara
:dance3:

Yay! Thank you! So excited! 15 sounds like a great number.
Myself Tamera. Minnie Mouse
DD Ashley 9. Pluto
Don't have state room # yet

Hi everyone! I just booked our first-ever Disney cruise, and I am beyond excited. Really looking forward to learning from everyone! I'm traveling with my DD12 Lauren and DD10 Corinne - and they don't know about the trip yet!

Ideas on how to reveal the trip to a couple of tweens?

And is it too late to participate in the fish extender gift exchange??? (Fingers crossed!)

We will be on this cruise and we are so excited! My husband, son and myself. Please teach me things we need to know!!! :cool1:

Also we want to join in on the fish extender! Hoping its not too late either!

Hi everyone, is there a meet and greet planned at all for this cruise? My kids haven't done the clubs on our last 2 cruises but I think they may be more apt to do them if they meet some other kids ahead of time. Thanks and we'll see everyone in 88 days!!! :woohoo: BTW, is anyone doing the Duck Boat Tour on Grand Cayman or the Tranopy Adventure in Falmouth?

Thanks,
Jack

We are so looking forward to this cruise, our ninth. The kids ages 14,11,10 are already "threatening" to abandon us in favor of the kids club and Aquaducks. Fine by us. Lol... Only excursion we wanted was the White Water Rafting in Jamacia but the site says sold out. They will open more. I will cut/paste my tips to this thread.

I love Disney Cruises despite not being a big fan of Disney. A few tips from a parent of 3 kids age 14,11,10 and a nine cruise veteran. This post is for couples who consider themselves dating each other and want together time as much as family time.

1) Get to port as early as possible. Go right to Topsiders.
2) Go to Cove Cafe in the morning by yourself. Opens at 7. Make sure you have every light off when you leave as it helps your family sleep in. Get an hour of alone time sipping coffee, looking at Carribean. Sit in hot tub. You will come back recharged for your family. Plus getting up early makes day seem longer.
3) Do Palo dinner and brunch. It is amazing. Don't worry about ordering multiple items. They will gladly fix smaller portions. My wife and I each get our own plate then an entree to share. The Pana Cota is amazing. They will give you some to bring back to family.
4) Kids Clubs. Our kids have loved them from the age of 3. We have very adjusted kids that are just as happy in the kid club as they are with their parents. Never ever did we have a problem dropping any of them off at any time. The parents that approach the kid club with apprehension and are nervous about it are in my experience the ones that have kids with issues with going. Please get over your need to be needed and allow your kids the opportunity to enjoy these clubs.
5) Mickey Bars are awesome. Order them for desert or room service although not on menu.
6). Take stairs always. We don't even give our kids the option. The elevators are slow. Plus you will burn calories.
7) We get two category 11 staterooms that are adjoining. It is cheaper, you get more room.
8) Nothing like sneaking off with spouse back to cabin in middle of day while kids are in the clubs. : )
9) Castaway Cay. Definitely carve out an hour to enjoy Serentity Bay. Absolutely beautiful. In addition and maybe the biggest perk of the entire cruise is the buffet at Serentity Bay. They serve Ribeyes and Lobster Tails. If for some odd reason you refuse to put your kids in their kids club on the island have an adult go there and bring back some lobster tails and Ribeyes.

These are just a few tips.

I hope I 'm helping here. A few more tips

1) We generally do 2nd seating. It is nice for a couple reasons... First you don't have to leave the pool or rush back on ship at 4:30 or 5. Secondly my favorite time on the ship is either at 7 a.m or during the first dinner seating. The adult pool is just about empty and very peaceful. Even better my wife and kids like some of the shows so I get a little alone time.
2). The Match your Mate show is a great icebreaker and although corny it is alot of fun. Typically has been on the first night.
3) Bring your own alcohol. We will bring a bottle of rum and a wine or two. Nothing like wine out of plastic cups.
4) You can make special deals with the cocktail servers for the beer buckets. They will throw a couple extra bottles in for you. Also the drinks of the day are generally tasty and economical.
5) The mixology class is a lot of fun. Fun people, fun cast members and a great value.
6) the castaway cay 5k is fun. I bring some items in a backpack make a quick detour and claim a couple chairs in prime location. Then continue the run.
7). The mushroom appetizer in Palo is amazing. Don't be afraid to order multiple items on menu. That goes for the rotational dining also.
8) The Rain Forest is a nice escape with your spouse. Even just two days.
9) if needing extra shower space you can use the shower in the gym.
10) if looking for a relaxing day at Grand Cayman on your own schedule simply take a cab to Seven Mile Beach. Very easy and absolutely stunning. You can take a cab back and shop at the port which is the main shopping section.
Hope this helps somebody.
8)

Hello. I am not sure if my first post went thru or not. We would like to join your group two fish extender please. This is our third disney cruise. We sailed on the fantasy last year and the dream the previous year. We just booked our cruise. We are two rooms. Room 7026... Grandma (Kathy) and grandpa (Tom). Room 7024...disney mom (Angie), disney son (Connor, age 8 with a nut allergy), and myself disney aunt (Aimee). This will be our second fish extender.....we enjoyed the fish extender on the last cruise.
Hi WE are newbies and we want to do the fish extender also. Im not sure of our rooms yet though. But my son is also 8 Justin. We would love to find a nice group to join on this!

Hi everyone! I just booked our first-ever Disney cruise, and I am beyond excited. Really looking forward to learning from everyone! I'm traveling with my DD12 Lauren and DD10 Corinne - and they don't know about the trip yet!

Ideas on how to reveal the trip to a couple of tweens?

And is it too late to participate in the fish extender gift exchange??? (Fingers crossed!)

I would love to join in on the fish extender also for my son and family. Im new and hoping to get more information!

Ok y'all...I started this thread so I guess I'll start the FB page.:rolleyes:
I started a closed group, meaning that you have to be added and that no one outside of the group can see our posts.

The name of the group is:
Disney Fantasy Fun Cruise June 7, 2014
Until we can come up with a better one! :thumbsup2
Look it up and ask to join......

See you on the other side!:cool2:

Im trying to join but the search is off right now :( I need help in learning the ropes of this cruise thing!!!

Fish Extender Group #2 - I have an updated list, but I think that everyone is on the Disney Fantasy Fun Cruise June 7, 2014 Facebook page...if you are not, you should join as there is lots more going on there than on these boards or post on here and I will email the list to you...The format is weird on the DIS Boards...

Hello. Could you email me the fish extender list for the second group if possible. We are not on facebook. Thank you very much.

Beach bums
Email......aimrenee24@yahoo.com

Hello we just joined the group and will be sailing with you :cool1:
This is our second Disney cruise our first time on the Fantasy, last year we went on the Dream. We would like to join the FISH EXTENDER again. We loved it! It will be me, my husband and my two boys 14 and 12 years old. We are in the process of booking our activities so any information you can share would be appreciated.
Look forward to cruising with you all!
Is this the correct place to join the FISH EXTENDER?

Hi WE are newbies and we want to do the fish extender also. Im not sure of our rooms yet though. But my son is also 8 Justin. We would love to find a nice group to join on this!
I want to join the fish extender too.
Someone said go to the Facebook DISNEY FANTASY FUN CRUISE JUNE7, 2014
I know the last time I went on a DC cruise FACEBOOK was easier to navigate

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter