June 5th to 8th Trip Report - Disneyland Hotel

I hadn't read much about Cafe Orleans, so I didn't know what to expect, but it was a good meal. I got a soda (yes, it's "soda", not anything else :teeth:), a Caesar salad, and the steak-frites. Expensive? Yes, but that was one thing I expected, being a sit down restaurant in the middle of Disneyland.

View attachment 675604

View attachment 675605

View attachment 675606

View attachment 675607

View attachment 675616

The Caesar salad had more dressing that I've probably ever seen on a salad, not even including the extra "side" of it on the plate to dip the bread in, but it was all very tasty with plenty of zing. I'm a fan of extra dressing anyway, and I'm definitely a fan of dipping delicious bread into a side of dressing.

The steak-frites would have been just ok and overpriced, but the dipping sauces actually brought it up into "good" territory. I thought the steak would be tough and bland based on presentation, but it had a little flavor - helped out a lot by the "salsa verde" - and it was actually pretty tender. The fries were fine, but I'm a french fry snob for sure, and the remoulade was solid (I am not a remoulade snob, so YMMV).

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised with the meal, and the ambience inside was well-suited to the vibe of New Orleans Square.

View attachment 675609
Is the mint julep real? Or mocktail?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter