June 5-13 dining review

Liltx

DIS Veteran
So we took our 2 preschoolers to Disney during the hottest time of the year. Our favorite part: eating and the pool. Here is a breif review of where we ate:

June 6
Crystal Palace- the food was pretty good, I esp. liked some of the salads. I would say a good tip is to wait until after 12:00 for ADR. They allow tons of people in at 11:30 when lunch begins and the lines are worse than Splash Mt. By 12:00 the lines were down.
Kona Cafe- no wait. I had the steak which was good but a little more done than medium. DH had the chicken I think it had coconut and macadamia nuts? Nice yet noisy place to eat which works for us and our kids.

June 7
50's Prime Time- fried chicken was great, this is a really fun place.
Spoodles- Super noisy. DH's spicy chicken pasta was not spicy at all. The five dips were good. Salad had way too many green bell pepers. The flat bread was so mushy I had to send it back 2 times, really doughy. The manager said it was because the tomatoes were too ripe. Maybe they should use roma instead of slicing tomatoes? They took it off our bill.

June 8
Coral Reef- asked for a seat near the tank. Was given one at the back beside a high wall so that our kids could not see anything at all. Next time I will ask to wait for a preferrable table. Dh walked them around the rest. so really no huge deal. We also spent a great deal of time at the living seas over 3 days since my kids are Nemo nuts. Shrimp cocktail was average. Dh had the salmon sandwhich that was open faced but not described that way, he said it was good though. I had the lobster salad with the cup of lobster bisque. Well the cup that was described is actually 2 tblsp used more to be a dipping sauce for the bread. It was good but I would have ordered a separate bowl if I would have known.
ESPN- I was actually surprised that this was a good meal. Previously it has been terrible but my turkey and brie sandwhich was great. The kiddos likes their hotdogs and dh liked the burger. The fries are really good.

June 9
Chef Mickey's breakfast- I was happy since they had bagels and lox. The rest was OK. Dh almost had a fit when two men shoved their kids infront of Mickey at our table. He did come back around later thank goodness.
Cape May- We really liked this meal. Everything was pretty tasty and we just relaxed and enjoyed ourselves. They didn't try to hurry you at all.

June 10-
Donald's breakfast- AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!! They worst food and way too many people to see the few characters. We saw Goofy and then left.
Blue ZOO- We dropped dd4 at the kids club and ate at the cafe part. The calamari is the best I have ever had. They cut it into strips instead of circles and it was so thick and tender. It was like eating fried scallops. The garlic shrimp, cesar salad, and crab nachos were all very good. Best part was dd in the kids club had a great time ate at peakaboo and was free (we did tip them).

June11
Le Cellier- Very good and cooked correctly.
Alfredo's- Oso Bucco is big enough for a family of 6 and really yummy. Dh had the alfredo which was good. Kids had grilled chicken also good. Calamari and ceasar salad were OK. Desserts- mousse- yummy, choc. cake OK.

June 12
Fountain at the Dolphin- BLT was good on yummy whole grain bread, burgers were pretty good.
Wolfgang Puck- So-so, the cheese dip was lumpy, the bread was cold, the salad was very mayo tasting, dh pasta was bland, the margarita flatbread was awesome, and my fish special was overcooked and the asparagus was not cooked at all.

June 13-
Princess Breakfast- Just OK, huge waste of food. They bring you this huge platter which we ate 1/8 of. If we go back we will ask them to bring very little. They had lox of course but no bagels. The princesses were nice and there was a lady to make sure that you had seen each one before you left.

Our average budget including counter service and snacks was $150 a day. But we ate whatever we wanted and had a few drinks by the pool each day. We were surprised that we ate very few sweets during our stay.
The only thing that annoyed me is that we were asked no less than 3 times at every meal if we were on the dining plan. Seems like once would be enough? After a few days I was irratated by the question. We ate very few counter service meals and 2 table service per day so I am not sure if the dining plan would have benefited us or not. It was not an option since we stayed at the dolphin which I LOVED!

Monica

Thanks for the reviews especially of CP lunch and Kona. Those are going to be new to us this year and you see lots of reviews of CP for breakfast and dinner but not too many for lunch.

Thanks for the reviews. I almost laughed too when they bought out my lobster salad at the coral reef and I saw that soup. My whole family had already eaten regular and kid sized bowls of soup and when I saw my teeny tiny soup I couldnt believe it. I actually counted how many spoonfuls I had and I got 3 out of it. I didnt know you were suppose to dip your baguette in it. The server didnt say that. She just said when I orderd it , that I want to tell you its a really small portion. Boy, she wasnt kidding. But I loved the Lobster Salad too.

great reviews - wow, pretty skimpy lobster soup, eh? - i'll be sure to ask for 2 bowls when we go to coral reef!

So we took our 2 preschoolers to Disney during the hottest time of the year. Our favorite part: eating and the pool.

So true!:rotfl: Our DS's favorte part was the pool and riding the buses.

Thanks for posting your reviews, I enjoyed them.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter