June 30, 2014 WONDER Alaska cruise meet

Hey experienced cruisers! Does anyone here have the scoop on DINING ROTATION for this trip? Sure would be helpful for planning purposes! (tonight - says the silver) On our previous cruise some genius was able to predict our rotation so we could schedule Palo without missing Animator's Palate first time.

This dining rotation was reported on FB;

TAAPTAP, APPTAPT, and PTTAPTA

Hope this helps! I am a first-timer so I don't know when/how you find out your rotation. Can anyone help me with that one, please? I also don't want to miss the first Animator's Palette.

We are celebrating Canada Day in style with dinner at Palo on day 2. Brunch is booked for day 7.

This dining rotation was reported on FB;

TAAPTAP, APPTAPT, and PTTAPTA

Hope this helps! I am a first-timer so I don't know when/how you find out your rotation. Can anyone help me with that one, please? I also don't want to miss the first Animator's Palette.

You can call and request a specific rotation (which they will usually honor) -- otherwise, you find out when you get your keycard (Key to the World) at check-in at the port. :goodvibes

Hi everyone! We have cruised Disney a few times, but have yet to participate in a FE. My two younger kids are dying to try it this time.
Disboard name: hbgoldman
Cabin #- 8080
Family last name- Goldman
First name of those participating- Hayes (boy-5), Allie (girl-11). Our 13 year old son has decided to sit this one out. : )
Favorite Disney Character- Hayes- Monsters Inc. characters, Toy Story characters and all pirates. Allie- Cheshire Cat, Goofy, Olaf.
No cruise celebration....just a family vacation.
No food allergies.

I'm trying to read all the info out there on FE, but if anyone has any helpful tips, I'd appreciate anything! Thanks!!

Hi everyone! We have cruised Disney a few times, but have yet to participate in a FE. My two younger kids are dying to try it this time. Disboard name: hbgoldman Cabin #- 8080 Family last name- Goldman First name of those participating- Hayes (boy-5), Allie (girl-11). Our 13 year old son has decided to sit this one out. : ) Favorite Disney Character- Hayes- Monsters Inc. characters, Toy Story characters and all pirates. Allie- Cheshire Cat, Goofy, Olaf. No cruise celebration....just a family vacation. No food allergies. I'm trying to read all the info out there on FE, but if anyone has any helpful tips, I'd appreciate anything! Thanks!!
Hello and welcome. I've added you unto the FE list.

Darla

Jiminnie crickets! We do online check in tonight at midnight for our first ever cruise and it just got REAL!!!!
Mickey beware! You are going to get a huge bear hug from a 41 year old man child!! And then after that, my 5 year old daughter will give you one too. :rotfl2:

Skytrain users warning: loophole closing soon. TransLink (Vancouver's public transit system operator) is phasing out FareSaver tickets and replacing them with Compass Cards. This new type of discount fare will be available at vendors such as 7-Eleven in the airport, but the Compass Card will not work well for groups as each rider will need their own card (each of which has a $6 refundable deposit). The FareSaver books with 10 tear-out tickets will stop being sold some time this spring / summer. I have no idea whether they will still be sold at the airport 7-Eleven before our cruise. But if you were thinking of buying tickets at the airport, you might want to have a contingency plan.

Skytrain users warning: loophole closing soon. TransLink (Vancouver's public transit system operator) is phasing out FareSaver tickets and replacing them with Compass Cards. This new type of discount fare will be available at vendors such as 7-Eleven in the airport, but the Compass Card will not work well for groups as each rider will need their own card (each of which has a $6 refundable deposit). The FareSaver books with 10 tear-out tickets will stop being sold some time this spring / summer. I have no idea whether they will still be sold at the airport 7-Eleven before our cruise. But if you were thinking of buying tickets at the airport, you might want to have a contingency plan.

Thanks for the tip! Can you give us the web address for the best place to get the info we need. I also heard that there are some schedule changes due to construction or something. I want to make sure we don't have any unpleasant surprises when we are going from airport to hotel downtown late on our arrival night. Also open to suggestions for inexpensive sightseeing for 4 adults. We have Sunday before the cruise and Monday after the cruise in Vancouver. Thanks!

Thanks for the tip! Can you give us the web address for the best place to get the info we need. I also heard that there are some schedule changes due to construction or something. I want to make sure we don't have any unpleasant surprises when we are going from airport to hotel downtown late on our arrival night. Also open to suggestions for inexpensive sightseeing for 4 adults. We have Sunday before the cruise and Monday after the cruise in Vancouver. Thanks!

Translink will have the most up-to-date service information. Here is the link to their trip planning tool: http://tripplanning.translink.ca/
Your departure location is "Airport - YVR" or "YVR-Airport Station". (Do not use Airport South Terminal unless you're arriving on a float plane.)
For your destination, use either "Canada Place" or "Waterfront Station".

Just enter your anticipated date and time (within 90 days) and it will provide several route options.

Note: You can ignore most of the options and just focus on the first option, which should list "Canada Line" only. The trip planning software always proposes multiple options, even if most of them don't make any sense (like taking the Canada Line only as far as the Vancouver City Centre station and then switching to a bus to go to Canada Place).

As for construction, Vancouver is a large city and there's always construction projects going on. However, there isn't anything in the Translink summer plans that will affect the Canada Line operating between the airport and the port.

Of note to other forum users: There will also be some station construction at the Main Street station (across the street from the Amtrak station) -- if the east entrance is closed, use the west entrance (or vice versa).
Also, there will be some night construction (rail replacement) along the Expo Line and Millennium Line (which connect the Amtrak station to the port). This night construction is likely to cause delays only in the evenings after 8 pm, and Translink predicts that it will add no more than 12 minutes delay to regular service frequency.

Thinking about SkyTrain delays reminded me to check for concerts and events at BC Place (capacity 54,500) and Rogers Arena (capacity 18,000).
  • Friday June 27 - Cher @ Rogers Arena
  • Saturday June 28 - Queen and Adam Lambert @ Rogers Arena
  • Saturday June 28 - Canadian Football League: Edmonton Eskimos vs. BC Lions @ BC Place
  • Saturday July 12 - Jesus Christ Superstar @ Rogers Arena
  • Saturday July 12 - Major League Soccer: Chivas USA vs. Vancouver Whitecaps @ BC Place
These events will bring in crowds to the venues in the south-east quadrant of downtown Vancouver, as well as the surrounding restaurants and bars on Robson Street as well as the Yaletown neighbourhood (Homer, Hamilton and Mainland streets). Crowds in the Canada Place area will be minimal, if any. But this volume of fun-seekers may affect some "weekend in Vancouver" plans, notably through post-event taxi shortages and crowded SkyTrains.

She Taz said:
Don't forget to sign up for the Fish Extender group. It's not too late to get in on the fun. Cut off is Apr 30.

Sent private message here and Facebook. Hoping you received one of them! Talk to you later. Thanks!

Hi Everyone. I've had a request for an addition to the FE list. As I said on FB I have no issues with adding an additional cabin. I am willing to start a second group if there is enough interest. If anyone wants to be on the FE list and thought it was too late please send me your info. As well if anyone on the first list wants to be on both lists let me know.

Thanks Darla

I'm new to the whole FE program. Any way I can get into a group. We are sailing on the 6/30/14 Alaskan cruise. I have three kids. And my brother has two.

Just booked this cruise last night, couldn't pass up the incredible OGT (Outside Guarantee) rate. I'm traveling from San Francisco, my friend will be joining us from New York. My third time to Alaska, her first.

I'm new to the whole FE program. Any way I can get into a group. We are sailing on the 6/30/14 Alaskan cruise. I have three kids. And my brother has two.

If more people join we could make a second list. The first list is closed. Right now there is a possibility of 3 cabins.

The first FE list is closed. If there is interest a second can be started.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter