June 29, 2011-10 "MAGICAL" nights in the Mediterranean

hey there - so i can book excursions and check in on-line on 4/15... but I and my daughter don't have passports yet. will i still be able to do those things and fill in the passport info later?

Yes, the passport info is needed for on-lune check-in, which you can do anytime up until a few days before the cruise departure date. It won't impact your ability to book excursions, spa and Palo.

Yes, the passport info is needed for on-lune check-in, which you can do anytime up until a few days before the cruise departure date. It won't impact your ability to book excursions, spa and Palo.

so Cam - if my folks are in their own cabin and they have their passports, is there any advantage to having them do their online check-in on the 15th? we'll all be arriving at the port together (and would like to board together)... like if they're all set at a certain time, will it be easier for us to join them at that check-in time once we get our documents in order?

so Cam - if my folks are in their own cabin and they have their passports, is there any advantage to having them do their online check-in on the 15th? we'll all be arriving at the port together (and would like to board together)... like if they're all set at a certain time, will it be easier for us to join them at that check-in time once we get our documents in order?

You can actually do part of the on-line check-in and then go back later to finish it. I think the advantage of doing it sooner rather than later is you have more choice about your check-in time at the port.

We have never had to "reserve" our check-in time before, so I'm not certain whether a linked cabin can choose an earlier time and then have everyone board together from both cabins. I'd say it can't hurt to do your parents' check-in, choose the desired time and then if it isn't available by the time you do your cabin for you to choose the same time as them, just choose the closest check-in time for your cabin, and all try to board together anyway. The worse that can happen is that your parents will board early without you or later with you, rather than at their assigned time. (does that make any sense?)

Someone posted on the "med ports on your own" thread that the port times for several of the ports have changed, shortening our days in those ports by 2 hours. Has anyone heard anything about this? I haven't checked the website recently, but it seems if this is true, they should send us new confirmations advising us of the changes. It could affect those of us who have booked non-DCL excursions/private tour companies.

Good Morning! I am still looking for up to 3 other adults who are interested in joining the group for a Palo brunch in the private dining room. We already have 11, we need at least 12 but no more than 14 for me to send in the list to DCL. Please email me at:
tainapo@comcast.net or you can PM me. I will need your full names and your DCL reservation #. I will also have a waiting list in case someone needs to back out.
Palo Brunch is only offered on the 2 sea days so it is much harder to get than Palo dinner which is available every night. For those who have never been, its a buffet of seafoods, desserts, breads, cheeses, and breakfast and lunch items are ordered. And the pizzas! Oh boy! :cloud9:

Someone posted on the "med ports on your own" thread that the port times for several of the ports have changed, shortening our days in those ports by 2 hours. Has anyone heard anything about this? I haven't checked the website recently, but it seems if this is true, they should send us new confirmations advising us of the changes. It could affect those of us who have booked non-DCL excursions/private tour companies.

I read that post, too. I checked DCL's website yesterday. For our cruise, the Palermo departure time is still 6:00pm. However, the Naples departure time has been changed to 7:00pm.

I have not received any type of communication from DCL about the changes. I agree with you, Cam. It seems like we (the customers) should be informed when significant changes have been made. :headache: I see a 2 hour difference as significant.

Hope this is the last of the changes!

I read that post, too. I checked DCL's website yesterday. For our cruise, the Palermo departure time is still 6:00pm. However, the Naples departure time has been changed to 7:00pm.

I have not received any type of communication from DCL about the changes. I agree with you, Cam. It seems like we (the customers) should be informed when significant changes have been made. :headache: I see a 2 hour difference as significant.

Hope this is the last of the changes!

I did not realize there was a time change for Naples as it was listed as 7pm departure when I booked 2 weeks ago. I looked at our itinerary for last year and we were in Naples until 9pm. That does narrow the window if you want to do several things in the area. The good thing is the next port (Rome is reachable by train) if you miss the boat! ;) We are still undecided about what to do. We may hydrofoil to Capri if the weather is nice, then over to Sorrento, or perhaps just Sorrento. Depends on crowds. Its a Sunday as well so will be busy with weekend holiday folks too. So many choices...:goodvibes

Cam and I were trying to find some walking tours for The Uffizi, and in my searching, I found Free audio tours and videos on itunes! Just go to iTunes and search for Rick Steves' audio tours or video tours and it should show 'free' on the far right sight.

The free videos are approx 2-4 minute clips of info. If you have watched any of the Rick Steve's videos from the library, you can tell some of the info is cut from the 3 hour long DVD's (ex: Accademia and David, Duomo etc is from the Italain City DVD).

But - they also had 2 minute clips for things like: Packing light, eating with the locals, Riding the rails, Getting cash, Itinerary Planning, Staying healthy.

I had to laugh at the "Packing Light" video. I think it is probably geared more for someone actually travelling around via car or rails. They suggest a back pack type set up that you walk around with. Definitely going for minimalist with that video. Where would I put my formal wear?

Thanks for the reminder, Dorothy. I am hoping to make time to check those out very soon. :goodvibes

Looks like everything is finally coming together!! Have not been on the board recently, so I'm playing a little catch-up here. Finished the taxes the other day, so we can finally concentrate on the cruise. :surfweb:

First of all, my wife would like us to join the fish extenders for the cruise. She is an avid scrapbooker and crafter and is looking to use her talents

Secondly, I am trying to get my sons to be a little more involved and more active in the cruise planning. I am trying to get them to share emails with other teens on the cruise. I think this would be a good opportunity to share and get to know other teens on the cruise prior to boarding. More to come on this...

Lastly, are we planning to meet when we get on the ship? We will be in heavy duty travel mode as we are adding a few days in Paris prior to the cruise and getting into Barcelona that morning.

Thanks again to all on this thread. This thread has been extremely helpful in planning for this cruise and we are looking forward to meeting all of you.

Breathing a sigh of relief on the taxes.:cool1:

Talk to you all soon...

Hi, John!! See my responses below. :)

Looks like everything is finally coming together!! Have not been on the board recently, so I'm playing a little catch-up here. Finished the taxes the other day, so we can finally concentrate on the cruise. :surfweb:

I finally finished ours and electronically filed them Saturday night. It is such a relief, isn't it? I also did Andrew's and he put them in the mailbox last night. He is getting a grand total of $100 back but it will put gas in his car for a month. :cool1:

First of all, my wife would like us to join the fish extenders for the cruise. She is an avid scrapbooker and crafter and is looking to use her talents
Dorothy will add your family to the list where she maintains it and I will add you on page 1.

Secondly, I am trying to get my sons to be a little more involved and more active in the cruise planning. I am trying to get them to share emails with other teens on the cruise. I think this would be a good opportunity to share and get to know other teens on the cruise prior to boarding. More to come on this...

John, If you want me to add your sons' email addresses to the cruisers chart, I am glad to do so. I think some of the young people will become more active and start getting in touch with each other.

Lastly, are we planning to meet when we get on the ship? We will be in heavy duty travel mode as we are adding a few days in Paris prior to the cruise and getting into Barcelona that morning.

I think there is going to be some effort to coordinate a casual meet-up maybe between the safety drill and the sailaway party. The idea is generally that people just show up with green ribbons on somewhere noticeable and look for other DISers.

Thanks again to all on this thread. This thread has been extremely helpful in planning for this cruise and we are looking forward to meeting all of you.

Breathing a sigh of relief on the taxes.:cool1:

Talk to you all soon...

Now, most importantly - All of my emails to you forwarding the updated cruisers chart have come back as undeliverable. I thought the email address had worked before, but am not sure why it doesn't now. Please email me at keenercam@aol.com or send me a PM here to confirm your email address.

Also, include in that email the boys' email addresses or Facebook names if you want that information to be available to other cruisers. I know my son is crazy busy right now with his AP exams, school musical, prom preparation, other senior activities, etc., but is looking forward to getting in touch with others as soon as the craziness abates.

I received an email from DCL regarding brunch in the private dining room and wanted to share it with you!

"I have received your request for the Palo Private Room for Brunch for your sailing on June 29th, 2011.
As of today I have open availability for either date @ 10:30am; however, I cannot confirm the Booking of the Private Room until May 29th, 2011. The Disney Magic will not release the Private Room to the Cruise Activities Team until 30 days prior to the sailing.
With that said – and going forward if your party goes below the minimum of 12 Guests, you will have to forfeit the Private Room. Likewise, if your party goes above 14 Guests, the Private Room can only accommodate up to the maximum of 14 Guests. Thank you for the list of names of those who will be joining you.
If the Private Room is confirmed, any Guests that have their own independent Brunch Reservation will have it removed. Each Stateroom is only allowed one Palo Brunch dining per sailing.
Once I can confirm the Palo Private Room for your party, you will receive a Confirmation Email. Please make sure to read and inform all Guests of the Policies and Procedures."

The guest list is:
Taina and Ben Po
Cheri and David Eplion
James and Mary Smith
John and Kim Gavel
Dorothy and Paul Domato
Erin and Brian Fisher
Harold and Betsy Diehl

I have requested June 30th (1st sea day) as our first choice. As soon as I get confirmation on May 29th, I will email everyone too. So happy to have heard back from them! :goodvibes

Taina - That is wonderful news! I am so glad that it hadn't already been requested by someone else.

For anyone who has not experienced Palo brunch, I think you will really enjoy it. I remember having a pizza there that had grapes on it. I can't remember what else was on it, but it was fabulous! The seafood part of the buffet was delicious, too. :goodvibes

Thanks so much for your efforts Taina...my mouth is watering already!

I received an email from DCL regarding brunch in the private dining room and wanted to share it with you!

"I have received your request for the Palo Private Room for Brunch for your sailing on June 29th, 2011.
As of today I have open availability for either date @ 10:30am; however, I cannot confirm the Booking of the Private Room until May 29th, 2011. The Disney Magic will not release the Private Room to the Cruise Activities Team until 30 days prior to the sailing.
With that said – and going forward if your party goes below the minimum of 12 Guests, you will have to forfeit the Private Room. Likewise, if your party goes above 14 Guests, the Private Room can only accommodate up to the maximum of 14 Guests. Thank you for the list of names of those who will be joining you.
If the Private Room is confirmed, any Guests that have their own independent Brunch Reservation will have it removed. Each Stateroom is only allowed one Palo Brunch dining per sailing.
Once I can confirm the Palo Private Room for your party, you will receive a Confirmation Email. Please make sure to read and inform all Guests of the Policies and Procedures."

The guest list is:
Taina and Ben Po
Cheri and David Eplion
James and Mary Smith
John and Kim Gavel
Dorothy and Paul Domato
Erin and Brian Fisher
Harold and Betsy Diehl

I have requested June 30th (1st sea day) as our first choice. As soon as I get confirmation on May 29th, I will email everyone too. So happy to have heard back from them! :goodvibes

The guest list is:
Taina and Ben Po
Cheri and David Eplion
James and Mary Smith
John and Kim Gavel
Dorothy and Paul Domato
Erin and Brian Fisher
Harold and Betsy Diehl

Very exciting. I hope we get it!!

Thanks for your work on this Taina.

Can someone kindly direct me to where i can check in on-line for Disney Magic 29 June 2011.

Thank you J

Can someone kindly direct me to where i can check in on-line for Disney Magic 29 June 2011.

Thank you J

Go to
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/

click on GET RESERVATION

You'll need your username and password, the date of birth of the first named passenger and/or your reservation number

Once you get into your reservation, there is a list of options down the left side of the page. Choose "My On-Line Check-In".

I hope that helps.

Did you all see there was smoke at the Sagrada Familia Basilica yesterday. They evacuated 1700 people. It later re-opened. Someone was seen running away from basement; this is where smoke was coming from.

Did you all see there was smoke at the Sagrada Familia Basilica yesterday. They evacuated 1700 people. It later re-opened. Someone was seen running away from basement; this is where smoke was coming from.

I hadn't heard that. I hope there was no damage and no one was hurt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter