June 28, 2011 Disney Wonder 7-day Alaska

That is why we want this excursion. I don't understand why it does not say no reservations available like the others do. I may consider what you are thinking of doing. How easy is it to get to the glacier because that is the part I want the most.
I found the same info about Mendenhall glacier as someone else posted. It looks like the city bus goes for $1.50 each way but the closest stop is mile & a half to the glacier. I also saw where people said when you get off the cruise ship people will take you directly for $7/$8 one way. This seems like the way to go. When I rebooked the whale watching to the smaller boat the only time available was at 12:55. Doing the glacier on our own is saving us about $160. We plan on getting off the ship early and go on over to the glacier. My DH and I went to Alaska 5 yrs. ago and did the whale watching/glacier and didn't have a lot of time at the glacier. I think it will be fun to explore and spend more time at the glacier.

Hey Fellow scouting families! I too am a Den Leader and Committee Chair for our Pack. My oldest is moving on to Boy scouts and my middle son will be a Webelo. We have really enjoyed it. After the cruise we are also doing a Webelos Camp. I have never been a camping kind of girl but I do it for my kids. My husband's job keeps him from being able to help in Scouting so it is up to me. I must say I myself have learned a lot.
Oh My Gosh I would so pack our uniforms and would love a flag ceremony!:laughing: No, No too much to already pack, have to keep telling myself I can not take it all!
Would love for our boys to meet!
Thanks for the email address MyBelle. We too only have 90 minutes at Mendenhall Glacier. I wish we had more time. We will probably just do a short trail too.

Well there are certainly a lot of scouts and I have a fun idea.. now I know we are all tight on space but would anyone be interested in trading councel patches? I know they do this at the Jamborees. They are fairly inexpensive and easy to pack. The councel patches are the ones that go on the uniform pocket... we are in the Western Los Angeles City Councel. The patches are all so unique.. anywho if anyone is interested let me know!! Group picture maybe??

Tink37 said:
Our family is also in scouting. My DS is almost to his Life rank and my DH is the advancements chair for our troop. I have been the popcorn kernel for the past three years. By the way, our sons are the same age and have the same name. They are going to summer camp in a week so they have a week between camp and the cruise.

Wow! Busy summer already.

I hadn't looked closely at the names on the sheet yet - that's quite a coincidence! Now if your son is into Halo, they'll have a *lot* in common.

Well there are certainly a lot of scouts and I have a fun idea.. now I know we are all tight on space but would anyone be interested in trading councel patches? I know they do this at the Jamborees. They are fairly inexpensive and easy to pack. The councel patches are the ones that go on the uniform pocket... we are in the Western Los Angeles City Councel. The patches are all so unique.. anywho if anyone is interested let me know!! Group picture maybe??

I think that's a great idea -- we traded a few on our last cruise.

We're in the Crossroads of America council, which covers basically all of central Indiana.

RE Scouts on board the ship:

My daughter is a Senior Girl Scout, my son is a Webelo II, I am an assistant den leader and assistant Girl Scout troop leader. My daughter has earned his Silver award.

Great idea to trade Council Patches! Count us in, just need to know how many we need to bring.

Count us in! My son went to Jamboree last year and came home with some great patches. It will be fun to do it on the cruise.

Wow! Busy summer already.

I hadn't looked closely at the names on the sheet yet - that's quite a coincidence! Now if your son is into Halo, they'll have a *lot* in common.

I think that's a great idea -- we traded a few on our last cruise.

We're in the Crossroads of America council, which covers basically all of central Indiana.
I couldn't believe what you wrote in your post about your son and Halo. They have a lot in common! If we would let him he would be playing that game 24/7. I'm glad the ship doesn't have an Xbox or at least I don't think they do :)

Oh Gosh, Xbox and Halo my boys are addicted. I have to limit them or they would play 24/7 too. Sometimes I think they would rather stay home and play Xbox than go on our Disney cruise. My crazy kids:laughing:

:sad1:

Great to see other scouters around!

Four weeks after we get back from the cruise I'll be sleeping in a tent in northern Wisconsin.....I'm guessing there won't be any room service there. :sad1:

Just came back from a weekend of camping with Indian Guides (like cub scouts but thru the YMCA) My DS graduated from the guides at the camp and is now a trailblaizer while my DD graduated from Papoose into Indian Princesses...after a weekend camping I could SURE USE some room service :rotfl: I was thinking how funny it is we are doing two totally different trips this month!

I will keep track and let everyone know how many. Is by the weekend of the 18th enough time for everyone who wants to join?

That should be fine for us - someone is always running to the Scout shop for something.

Myself and my two scouts are interested in trading patches.

I couldn't believe what you wrote in your post about your son and Halo. They have a lot in common! If we would let him he would be playing that game 24/7. I'm glad the ship doesn't have an Xbox or at least I don't think they do :)

That's hilarious - they definitely will have things in common.

I suppose this would be a bad time to mention that Disney has been working with Microsoft on an XBox Kinect game specifically for the cruise line? :confused3

Tink37 - I am pretty sure they have all the popular video games and systems in the Vibe or Edge or both... You really didn't want this to be a FAMILY vacation did you?

Indy - Are you teasing about the Disney/Kinect collaboration or is that for real?

We had a chance to try out the Magic Play floor they mentioned in the article. It was the size of a dance floor. The kids had a really fun time.. We tried it out while they were still doing testing on it.

We had a chance to try out the Magic Play floor they mentioned in the article. It was the size of a dance floor. The kids had a really fun time.. We tried it out while they were still doing testing on it.

Sounds a little like the queue to Soarin in WDW. FUN!!

Don't need an xbox for Halo... My son reports that for about half of his class, Computer Science I at his high school is really Halo 101. There's a large variety of speeds in completing work, and the teacher doesn't care what they do (within reason) when done with that day's work - so a good portion of the class ends up playing Halo on the PCs for half the class (or more).

I suspect a lot of the teen boys are going to have at least one common topic to talk about :-)

-Liz

I finished sewing our fish extender, put the final touches on gifts, and got a terrific Groupon for airport parking! It has been a good morning! Our countdown chain is getting smaller....:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter