June 28, 2011 Disney Wonder 7-day Alaska

Whew. More reservations made.....we're flying into Seattle on Saturday and spending a couple days there before heading to Vancouver on Monday on the Amtrak. We've been joking about all the different modes of transportation we're taking:
- Car to the airport
- Planes
- Rental car in Seattle
- Train to Vancouver
- the Wonder
- Zip Lines (yes my kids are counting those as transportation)
- Helicopter
- fishing boat
- and then of course trains, planes, and automobiles to get home again....

whew!

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else is spending time in Seattle pre-trip, and if so what sort of plans you've made? I know there are some recommendations in the Alaska FAQ but just wondered what others might have found.

We don't intend to do a lot but I have not been there since I was at Fort Lewis for boot camp....and I certainly did not get to see much of Seattle then! At the very least I want to go to Mt Rainier - the last time I was there was before the big eruption.

Can't wait to meet everyone too!! My friends thought I was crazy when I told them about the whole FE thing..but I'm so excited about joining the fun.

3 pm in the Promenade Lounge..

I will be literaly sprinting to the reservation desk when we get on board I really want to do tea at Palo. All the reservations were gone even at 90 days booking :sad2:

My kids are out of school next Friday so we have a couple weeks before we leave for vacation.

I'm hoping to change my Palo dinner reservation -- we'd really like to do it the night at Tracy arm. As I was researching how to do that, I found forum posts that said that you should look at the Welcome Navigator you get at checkin - it will tell you where/when to be to make Palo reservations. Recently they've apparently been at Studio Sea, but of course that can change.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else is spending time in Seattle pre-trip, and if so what sort of plans you've made? I know there are some recommendations in the Alaska FAQ but just wondered what others might have found.

We don't intend to do a lot but I have not been there since I was at Fort Lewis for boot camp....and I certainly did not get to see much of Seattle then! At the very least I want to go to Mt Rainier - the last time I was there was before the big eruption.

We're flying in on saturday to Seattle as well. My dh's goal is crab and coffee. He's found us places within walking distance of our hotel to eat at and drink coffee. We're staying at the marriott at the water and will not have a rental car so walking it is. Sunday I think we're going over to the space needle and maybe the children's museum. Monday - my sister and her family I think are goign to Mt. Rainier. We're going to take our boys to the aquarium. That's about all. My boys are still young so we have to do afternoon naps or the evening will be a disaster.

Can't wait to meet everyone too!! My friends thought I was crazy when I told them about the whole FE thing..but I'm so excited about joining the fun.

3 pm in the Promenade Lounge..

I will be literaly sprinting to the reservation desk when we get on board I really want to do tea at Palo. All the reservations were gone even at 90 days booking :sad2:

My kids are out of school next Friday so we have a couple weeks before we leave for vacation.

We'll be sprinting to get Palo Brunch ressies :3dglasses They were gone at 90 days for me too!!!! (guess I wasn't at my computer at 12:01am - actually I think it may have been 9pm for me! and that was my problem)

Oh well. Hoping to get them as this will be our 5th cruise and we've NEVER done brunch yet!:sad2:

Mybelle did you get my PM about my email and meeting?

CANT WAIT FOR THIS CRUISE TO START ALREADY:banana:

We're flying in on saturday to Seattle as well. My dh's goal is crab and coffee. He's found us places within walking distance of our hotel to eat at and drink coffee. We're staying at the marriott at the water and will not have a rental car so walking it is. Sunday I think we're going over to the space needle and maybe the children's museum. Monday - my sister and her family I think are goign to Mt. Rainier. We're going to take our boys to the aquarium. That's about all. My boys are still young so we have to do afternoon naps or the evening will be a disaster.

I think coffee is a given! I'm not a crab fan but I'm sure I'll find some other seafood I like. We'll definitely do the space needle as well.

My younger son & I thought we were going to be able to cross off a goal while we're there - to see a game in every major league park. The Mariners don't play until Moday night though and we want to be in Vancouver that night, just in case there are any delays crossing the border.

And I understand about naps...but they are more for me and DW than our boys! :faint:

OTH they have never really dealt with jet lag. Should be interesting...

My younger son & I thought we were going to be able to cross off a goal while we're there - to see a game in every major league park. The Mariners don't play until Moday night though and we want to be in Vancouver that night, just in case there are any delays crossing the border.

And I understand about naps...but they are more for me and DW than our boys! :faint:

OTH they have never really dealt with jet lag. Should be interesting...

According to their website http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=sea#m=6&y=2011 they play against the florida marlins on Friday, Saturday and Sunday before our cruise in Seattle. Then they play the Braves (whcih is funny since I'm from Atlanta) in Seattle on Monday night. I just told my dh this and now he wants to go to a game.

We'll be sprinting to get Palo Brunch ressies :3dglasses They were gone at 90 days for me too!!!! (guess I wasn't at my computer at 12:01am - actually I think it may have been 9pm for me! and that was my problem)

Oh well. Hoping to get them as this will be our 5th cruise and we've NEVER done brunch yet!:sad2:

Mybelle did you get my PM about my email and meeting?

CANT WAIT FOR THIS CRUISE TO START ALREADY:banana:

I am so silly.. I didn't see the PM thing at the top. Newbie:confused3

I sent you a message. I guess we can both dash for the reservations:)

They still had brunch when I went on but I really wanted to do the tea. We've done dinner and brunch. I was on at 9:00 pm our time to book.

I wanted to do brunch again if only for the grape and gorgonzola (?) pizza...yum. But dh didn't think it was impressive enough to do again, so we are not doing any palo. Which is ok, since it is ds first cruise and I want him to experience everything...even if he doesn't remember it. Lol.

I try everyday to book the person we added to the cruise with us to the Exclusive Whale Encounter and Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau but have not had any luck. I keep hoping someone will cancel. If I can't get it, my daughter will change excursions since it is her friend going with us and she has been on many whale watches.

I am now missing email addresses for
Tink37
marleymike

I will be sending out the spreadsheet to those I have email addesses for later tonight. I am sending it from my gmail account which is djking8118@gmail.com I have sorted it by stateroom number to make it easier to follow when distributing gifts.

I wanted to do brunch again if only for the grape and gorgonzola (?) pizza...yum. But dh didn't think it was impressive enough to do again, so we are not doing any palo. Which is ok, since it is ds first cruise and I want him to experience everything...even if he doesn't remember it. Lol.

I totally forgot about that pizza.. It was so good!!!

Someone has already posted on Yelp from the first cruise about a crab place in Juneau. It's called Tracey Crab shack and by all accounts it truly is a shack. Everyone that has reviewed said it was the best food from their cruise. A combo comes with crab legs, bisque and crab cakes.. :worship:

Nordkin - I just emailed you so you would have my email. I haven't posted enough times to PM anyone.

I try everyday to book the person we added to the cruise with us to the Exclusive Whale Encounter and Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau but have not had any luck. I keep hoping someone will cancel. If I can't get it, my daughter will change excursions since it is her friend going with us and she has been on many whale watches.
I was trying to change our excursion to this one after reading reviews. It seems this whale encounter is on a smaller boat. I think I may try and change ours to just the Whale Encounter Only and just take the bus to Mendenhall Glacier in the morning. The one I booked is on the bigger boat that holds over 100 people, this one only takes 36.

Um okay so now that's really funny.. I didn't even realize it was you. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter