• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 27 Dream

tonyat18

Earning My Ears
We have booked a GTY, Category VGT, Guaranteed Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah for June 27. I have booked these before and got my stateroom assignment not long after. We are 16 days out and still waiting. Just curious if anyone else has booked this type of deal lately and how many days before departure did you get your stateroom number.

We have booked a GTY, Category VGT, Guaranteed Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah for June 27. I have booked these before and got my stateroom assignment not long after. We are 16 days out and still waiting. Just curious if anyone else has booked this type of deal lately and how many days before departure did you get your stateroom number.

Generally the *GT (last-minute restricted fares) rooms are assigned about 2 weeks out, and not on a Monday.

Ours wasn't assigned until 9 days out but it seems that most are assigned 10 days out so you may just want to ignore it (the best you can) until you are inside that 10-day window or else you will drive yourself crazy. Just look at my other VGT thread with the same question.:rotfl:

We are on the same cruise with a VGT as well. No room assignment yet. It's making me crazy too. And I really don't care where I'm at, just super excited to know :)

I'm on the June 20th 3 night Dream. I booked a VGT room in early May. I just got my room assignment yesterday (Monday). It appeared around 11:30 a.m. We got 7146 which is a 4c, I believe. In my experience, the rooms are always assigned the Monday of the week before your cruise. So you should be getting yours next Monday. Hold tight - not much longer!

Our room assignment for this cruise showed up sat. its a 5c. Never checked Friday so it may have come then. I'm ok with the room we got. It's basically the same as what we always get. I was kinda hoping for something different like an aft cabin or cat 4 bigger room. Oh well... We are right at mid ship elevators on deck 7 so that's nice :)

We booked 05E GTY for the 06/27 cruise. We received our assignment last Thursday, exactly 14 before embarkation.

Unfortunately they "upgraded" us from 05E to 05D. Now we no longer have one of the nice rooms at the aft of the ship.

We booked 05E GTY for the 06/27 cruise. We received our assignment last Thursday, exactly 14 before embarkation.

Unfortunately they "upgraded" us from 05E to 05D. Now we no longer have one of the nice rooms at the aft of the ship.

Why are u so upset with the upgrade..

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

That is NOT an upgrade. Ok, technically it is, because its a cat higher. However, those 5E verandahs are glorious - they are huge. I too would not consider it an upgrade. We had a 5A once and yearned for our 5E. We always have our TA place a 'Do not upgrade/change room request' on our reservation.

05E rooms are all on the aft end of the ship. They have extra large verandas, some bigger than the stateroom. Very close to the aft elevators (no long hallways to walk up and down). They have some of the best views on the ship.

IMO 05E rooms are better than A, B, C, or D.

That is NOT an upgrade. Ok, technically it is, because its a cat higher. However, those 5E verandahs are glorious - they are huge. I too would not consider it an upgrade. We had a 5A once and yearned for our 5E. We always have our TA place a 'Do not upgrade/change room request' on our reservation.

I will instruct my TA to do the same next time.

Can you do this with a GTY booking?

I will instruct my TA to do the same next time.

You can't put a do not upgrade on a GTY booking. Booking a 5E GTY doesn't mean you are guaranteed to have a 5E room it means you will at least have a 5E or higher. If you want a 5E room you need to pick a cabin number at time of booking. Usually you need to book one of these rooms around opening day of booking as these fill up quickly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter