June 27, 2013 - Magic in the Med (Venice)

I think that as we will all be mostly in Tourist areas, we won't find ourselves needing the chip and pin technology as much as if we were traveling around on our own, renting cars, buying gas, etc. So chip and sign doesnt seem much different than the magnetic stripped cards in terms of use, but perhaps if you find yourself in a shop off the beaten path, they might be able to process it more readily with a chip and sign rather than the strip.

As for us, we will have both options...chip and sign, and magnetic strip. And a third, because we will always have some cash somewhere.

Now that we are getting so close to our sail date:banana:, I was wondering if anybody has been upgraded. Whether you had book gty and was upgraded or just upgraded from your original booking category. I also just saw on another med cruise (I think it was earlier than ours) that somebody got an email with a special "pin" to upgrade their cabin for a special rate. I was just checking to see if anybody on our cruise got one of those too. I would love that! Right now, we have a porthole room...but I am already missing my verandah...but just couldn't stomach the verandah price tag.

I hope everybody's packing is going well...we will be there before we know it!

Happy Memorial Day to all of you...and thank you to all who have served and to all the military families out there!:thumbsup2

Now that we are getting so close to our sail date:banana:, I was wondering if anybody has been upgraded. Whether you had book gty and was upgraded or just upgraded from your original booking category. I also just saw on another med cruise (I think it was earlier than ours) that somebody got an email with a special "pin" to upgrade their cabin for a special rate. I was just checking to see if anybody on our cruise got one of those too. I would love that! Right now, we have a porthole room...but I am already missing my verandah...but just couldn't stomach the verandah price tag.

Happy Memorial Day to all of you...and thank you to all who have served and to all the military families out there!:thumbsup2

We haven't, but then we picked our cabin so even if we were offered an upgrade, we wouldn't take it.

That would be so nice, we have the bottom of the barrel room, we do love the inside for these long and busy cruises, we sleep so good in the dungeon, but what I do wish is that we had the split bath, I will check to see how much more when we get to port, we upgraded to that for our Baltic cruise and it was worth the extra money. We had a balcony with our 5 day Bahama cruise, that was very nice to have, never had a verandah before. We also did the port hole in Mexico and honestly, for us the window is extra wasted money, it is Verandah or nothing, don't need a window.

So excited:
30 more days until we leave for Madrid
13 more days of school
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

No upgrades here. We're in 2 balcony rooms and the only upgrade I'd do would be to a 1 bedroom suite. The price was too rich for our blood on day 1.... I'm not hopeful for a port upgrade, nor do I want to pay for one!!!!!

I really really don't like crusing without a Verandah, but to get two connecting rooms we had to do Oceanview. But the money we saved was fine with me too! :)

Hi all,

Does anyone know where the bus in Rome drops us off when you do the Rome on Your Own excursion? Having been to Rome before we are planning on doing a walking tour on our own excluding the Vatican this trip.

Thanks for your help. We are getting excited.

Susan

Hi all,

Does anyone know where the bus in Rome drops us off when you do the Rome on Your Own excursion? Having been to Rome before we are planning on doing a walking tour on our own excluding the Vatican this trip.

Thanks for your help. We are getting excited.

Susan

In 07 we were dropped off near the Spanish Steps.

Just a few more days until you can put in your "hold mail" request with the US Post Office. If you're leaving June 22 or prior, you can do it now. We just put ours in. Otherwise wait a day or two depending on when you're leaving and you can do yours.

http://www.usps.com

I just have to say... I am SO excited for the FE gifts! I think my BFF and I are going to be crafting and shopping for the next month! Maybe it'll help pass the time until we leave! Not To mention our embroidery machine is going to be running nonstop. Can't wait!!!!

I'm Tiffiney...the mom of Jordan (jayceedoubleu). We are SO excited about the upcoming cruise. My husband and I will be joined by our six kids (ages 24, 22, 19, 6, 4 and 2), our daughters best friend, and my husbands father! My father in law will be celebrating his 73rd birthday on board. We are taking him as the gift he never knew he wanted! LOL. Also, my two oldest graduated college and my 19 yr old graduated HS this year. Our three little ones just get to come along for the ride...well I should say "swim". We are all excited and ready to see everyone onboard.

Is anyone going to Disneyland Paris before the cruise? Also we are staying at the Hotel De Arts the night before the cruise sails. Any tips would be much appreciated. Thanks!!!!

I'm Tiffiney...the mom of Jordan (jayceedoubleu). We are SO excited about the upcoming cruise. My husband and I will be joined by our six kids (ages 24, 22, 19, 6, 4 and 2), our daughters best friend, and my husbands father! My father in law will be celebrating his 73rd birthday on board. We are taking him as the gift he never knew he wanted! LOL. Also, my two oldest graduated college and my 19 yr old graduated HS this year. Our three little ones just get to come along for the ride...well I should say "swim". We are all excited and ready to see everyone onboard.

Is anyone going to Disneyland Paris before the cruise? Also we are staying at the Hotel De Arts the night before the cruise sails. Any tips would be much appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Tiffiney, welcome. We are looking forward to getting to know you all.

I thought I would print out the cruiser list just in case I needed to find someone but it prints all on one sheet and very small print. :confused3 Can anyone explain how I can get a larger version? :thumbsup2

Jan

I thought I would print out the cruiser list just in case I needed to find someone but it prints all on one sheet and very small print. :confused3 Can anyone explain how I can get a larger version? :thumbsup2

Jan

Mine did as well. I was going to type out my own tonight and organize by FE age groups, floors, ect; if anyone wants a copy of the one I do just PM me and I'll be happy to send it your way!

Jan

I fiddled and fiddled and finally found something that worked but have no idea how I did it. :rolleyes1

Mine did as well. I was going to type out my own tonight and organize by FE age groups, floors, ect; if anyone wants a copy of the one I do just PM me and I'll be happy to send it your way!

I would love it!! Thanks :)

Jan

Welcome! My daughter and I are leaving Utah sometime between now and June 4th and driving cross country to Orlando. Then we go to Paris on June 8th, fly to Barcelona on the 13th and get on the Magic June 15th. Will be on the ship to welcome you when you all arrive on June 27th. On July 13th we will fly back to Orlando and my daughter will be working again at WDW in entertainment until January 2nd.

You might enjoy going to Las Ramblas in Barcelona. It is loads of fun.

Hey guys! I just finished typing up a few word docs for the cruise! One is just as easy print list of everyone's names, room #'s, and fellow travelers organized by floor. The other is a FE list organized by floor with everyones names, ages, ect;

I'd be happy to send it to anyone that may want it. Just PM me your email address :)

Jan

Jan, I usually end up copy/pasting from a google doc into my spreadsheet software such as Excel so I can sort and manipulate it how I want it.

JayCeeDoubleU, thanks for putting together an easy reference.

As a reminder, if you haven't signed up on the RollCall form yet or if you have a GTY cabin that you've since gotten your cabin number, please update it (links are in the first post of this thread)... even if you're not participating inthe FE exchange, some DISers may want to drop off a little something at your door.

These are the DIS Meets / Events that I know of that have been scheduled - if you have any gatherings or other things that you know of, please be sure to post them (and add them to the Cruise Calendar of Events linked in the first post of the thread).

Thursday, June 27th - Boarding Day - 3:00 PM- Welcome Meet and Greet with fellow DISers in the Promenade Lounge (Deck 3, between midship and aft)

Thursday, July 4th - (2nd Venice day) - 8:15 AM - Meet to go over to St. Marks Square for Secret Itinerary Tour - Going as a group from the ship to St. Marks Square for the 9:55 AM Secret Itinerary Tour (and whoever else wants to go into town then). Meet at the Seating area in the Atrium by the Guest Services counter, Deck 3 Port Side. We will leave at 8:15 SHARP so if you want to go over together, then join us.

Thursday, July 4th - 10:00 PM - 4th of July celebration - Join in the celebration of Independence Day - Promenade Lounge, Deck 3 - Aft side (unless it is otherwise occupied, then we'll just take over the other part)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter