June 27, 2013 - Magic in the Med (Venice)

:thumbsup2
I am thinking we will mostly interested in visiting Gaudi's park and buildings in the 2 days we are there.
Toying with the idea of booking one of those runner bean tours either the first day or the second:confused3
Looking forward to seeing Sagrada Familia (I think our tickets are a little earlier than yours).

What time are your tickets for? Ours are on the 26th at 2....

All of our preferred excursions in Venice are already booked so I need some suggestions. Private tour guide or on our own?

It depends how comfortable you are doing things on your own:confused3

I would check back on the DCL website periodically to see if anything opens up if you prefer that. And also check when you board the ship as sometimes they keep a waitlist and open up more excursions if needed.

If you really want a private tour guide then Poohmomof 5 's deal with a local tour guide sounds great:thumbsup2 (see her post back a couple pages)

I have heard that Venice is especially known to be a port that is very doable on your own and getting "lost" is not so much a problem as it is an island and unless you have a specific time to be some place (like the ship sailing away), you can eventually figure out how to get to the main sites.

What time are your tickets for? Ours are on the 26th at 2....

We are also on the 26th but at 10 am.
My DH wakes up really early and my teens much later. Hoping booking at this time gets us on close to the same page...

We'll probably be looking for a place for lunch nearby after we are done.
Have you heard of any suggestions?

Anyone up for lunch around noon or 1:00 on the 26th near the Sagrada Familia:confused3

maybe not a bad place for a Dismeet:woohoo:

We are also on the 26th but at 10 am.
My DH wakes up really early and my teens much later. Hoping booking at this time gets us on close to the same page...

We'll probably be looking for a place for lunch nearby after we are done.
Have you heard of any suggestions?

Anyone up for lunch around noon or 1:00 on the 26th near the Sagrada Familia:confused3

maybe not a bad place for a Dismeet:woohoo:
Last time, we ate at the McDonalds across the street. :rotfl2::rotfl2:I'm hoping we're up at that time. Our plan that day is once we arrive head to our hotel, take a 90 minute nap, then head out to lunch on way to Sagrada Familia, so count us out. I plan on walking from the Rennaisance, doesn't look far at all, then hop on hop on/off bus after we're done......

Last time, we ate at the McDonalds across the street. :rotfl2::rotfl2:I'm hoping we're up at that time. Our plan that day is once we arrive head to our hotel, take a 90 minute nap, then head out to lunch on way to Sagrada Familia, so count us out. I plan on walking from the Rennaisance, doesn't look far at all, then hop on hop on/off bus after we're done......

We ate at McDonald's too!

:thumbsup2
I am thinking we will mostly interested in visiting Gaudi's park and buildings in the 2 days we are there.
Toying with the idea of booking one of those runner bean tours either the first day or the second:confused3
Looking forward to seeing Sagrada Familia (I think our tickets are a little earlier than yours).

We are a week ahead :) June 14th (LOL).

This sounds similar to how we are spending our arrival day in BCN - only instead of doing Sagrada that day, we're doing it the next- but our bus tour tickets are for both days. We will likely end up at the McD's at some point if for no other reason than to get some immediate food in. We are also staying at the REnaissance - google maps indicates about 1 1/2 mile walk - so 1/2 hour or so stroll. If we get some free wifi after we're there, I'll see if I can get a post here on DIS and will report on what we find - if nothing else, I should be able to email an update to our blog and will report on what's in the immediate area. I'm so hoping at least one of our two rooms will be open for us to get into when we arrive.

We are a week ahead :) June 14th (LOL).

This sounds similar to how we are spending our arrival day in BCN - only instead of doing Sagrada that day, we're doing it the next- but our bus tour tickets are for both days. We will likely end up at the McD's at some point if for no other reason than to get some immediate food in. We are also staying at the REnaissance - google maps indicates about 1 1/2 mile walk - so 1/2 hour or so stroll. If we get some free wifi after we're there, I'll see if I can get a post here on DIS and will report on what we find - if nothing else, I should be able to email an update to our blog and will report on what's in the immediate area. I'm so hoping at least one of our two rooms will be open for us to get into when we arrive.

I pre booked our rooms, so I paid for the night of the 25th so our room are guaranteed for when we arrive.

I pre booked our rooms, so I paid for the night of the 25th so our room are guaranteed for when we arrive.

Great idea! We lucked out in London and were able to get in our one room; I'm hoping since we have two, at least one will be ready early. I should look to see if we could add a night for one room...

Neither are high on my list but the Gators are far better than the Noles! Auburn Tigers here!!!

Ok, ok - I actually am not a rabid fan of anything - and prefer to not talk about sports ;) I've mellowed in my old age.

I looked online and there is availability for an extra night and if we had the Marriott points, I would book it. But we don't so no deal. I also called DCL to have them request at least one of the two rooms we have to have two twin beds so the boys don't have to sleep together.

I looked online and there is availability for an extra night and if we had the Marriott points, I would book it. But we don't so no deal. I also called DCL to have them request at least one of the two rooms we have to have two twin beds so the boys don't have to sleep together.

I requested that our rooms be connecting but my TA told me that DCL can't guarantee connecting. So I didn't ask for the twin request. I just hope the rooms are connecting or we will have to split into girls room and boys room. I'll pack accordingly just in case we are separated.

hi everyone...have not posted in awhile ...we are still going :cool1::cool1::cool1:

just got back from a great spring trip with Lori jel0511 now I can focus on the Med

Just got off the phone with travel agent..I was getting concerned with the pre and post stay we booked with Disney at the Rennaisance with all three of us staying in one room and I just read a lot of reviews saying the hotel is very nice but the rooms are very small and I went on to the marriott website and all the rooms i saw said no roll aways so i was getting a little nervous...but travel agent spoke to disney and said we are in a executive room which will have either a king or queen and a roll away and that it is 340sq feet so we should be fine...Here's hoping the room will be ready when we get there...i Know wishful thinking

Also found out that our disney OBC went up from $250 to $350:cool1::cool1: because we have moved from gold to platinum since we had made this booking a while ago. Always can use more money on board.:):)

Does anybody know if we will need to bring our passports off the ship each time we go on an excursion? I was hoping we wouldn't have to do that?:confused3

I haven't mentioned it before, but thanks to those who mentioned that they added exclusive sistine chapel excursions. I had not realized that when we were first booking our excursions and so we changed our excursion in Rome from the catacombs to one that includes the exclusive sistine chapel! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter