June 27, 2007 10 Night - The Rodney Dangerfield of Med Cruises

Good question.
I will have 2 (ages 4 and 7 at the time). My plan is to play it by ear. Right now, I plan to take them both to Rome, but that could change with the maturity a year brings.

sparrow_of_tortuga said:
Are you sure we can't get Dole Whip in Paris??????????

Whoa .... no Dole Whip ?????????????? Just think how good one (or two or three :teeth: ) would taste in the June heat :rolleyes: . I may have to rethink this whole trip :lmao:

I think DS would get something out of Pompeii. He studied it last year in 6th grade. I don't know if it would be too intense for DD though.

Anyone know if the Tower in Pisa will be open? I know it was closed, but I never heard if it was slated to ever open to the public again.

Soccermom-Cheri said:
I think DS would get something out of Pompeii. He studied it last year in 6th grade. I don't know if it would be too intense for DD though.

Anyone know if the Tower in Pisa will be open? I know it was closed, but I never heard if it was slated to ever open to the public again.

It believe it is open, check out this website it has alot of info on the Tower of Pisa.

http://www.endex.com/gf/buildings/ltpisa/ltpisa.html

Hi all, this thread is really moving along. Gaining the respect it deserves!!!

I just realized that I will be celebrating my ?? birthday on this cruise. What a great gift this cruise is!!

I've tried looking for airfare and hotel info, but it's still a bit early to get prices. Dh thinks if we wait till around January we'll be able to get a better idea of cost for hotels and airfare. We have two connecting cat. 5's on deck 7. This will be our first time on the Magic, have been on 3 Wonder cruises and just got back from a week on Carnival (was ok, but NOT Disney!!)

Oh well, I'm rambling on about nothing important. I'll be back. :wave:

Nina

Mdlex said:
It believe it is open, check out this website it has alot of info on the Tower of Pisa.

http://www.endex.com/gf/buildings/ltpisa/ltpisa.html

Thanks for the link info! :thumbsup2

With all my kids that is about all the sightseeing we are going to do! :clown:

Picture of the family in front of the Eiffel tower, picture of the family in front of the Colliseam, picture of the family in front of the leaning tower of Pisa, etc etc :grouphug:

Even going to take the three year old (I think) :wave:
at least to the big sights, I am not sure about Palermo,Naples or the French Ports. :moped:

As I have said elswhere on this board that is why we are going DCL, for the Oceanears club (or Flounders) for the younger children! :wave: The two youngest will have there Birthdays on the Magic as well, my DW misses hers by a day! :wizard:

Gotta do DLP as well, already decided to stay at the Disneyland Hotel! pirate:

Definitely staying in Disneyland Paris. I have seen the city but not Disneyland. DVC points are good for that. It won't be the Disneyland Hotel, though, more like the Sequoia.

Hey, back on Page One. Maybe when some plans actually start being made the thread will get more respect.

Soccermom-Cheri said:
Whoa .... no Dole Whip ?????????????? Just think how good one (or two or three :teeth: ) would taste in the June heat :rolleyes: . I may have to rethink this whole trip :lmao:

Maybe if we ask really nicely they'll send us some or make us some on the ship! :rotfl2:

Soccermom-Cheri said:
:cool1: We're goin'. We're cruisin'. We're seein' the Med!
DS will be 14 and DD will 9.

:wave: Pam! I tried so hard to get Beano to come, but no dice.

I haven't even thought about air! And, how can we find out how many other ships will be in port boarding on the 27th?

WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON THIS BOARD????!!!!...You get yourself back home right now where ya belong!!!!....If we can't go, you can't go...it's only fair.

My dearest tenor,

Go back "home" or I'll send these nice people a copy of our video complete with your interpretive dancing (think there was some karaoke in there too :thumbsup2 )

Soccermom-Cheri said:
My dearest tenor,

Go back "home" or I'll send these nice people a copy of our video complete with your interpretive dancing (think there was some karaoke in there too :thumbsup2 )
LOL!!! :rotfl2: :lmao:

OK it is Saturday, Ive got the rum! :thumbsup2

Time for a Bahama Mama pirate:

Hi to all who are booking their own airfare - I'm just wondering if people already have a "book it now" price in their head? Since the dates of the cruise are fixed, I was planning on watching airfare starting anytime in July 2006 (1 year out). Just wondering if people had a pull the trigger price already set in their mind? :confused3

I was looking into airfare when I first booked the cruise.
At that time for similar dates this year I could get Air France from Boston to Paris/ Paris to Barcelona and back for under 1K per person. It was actually cheaper to book Air France to Barcelona than to Paris! I think to get the cheapest airfare you will have to do your homework! :surfweb:

I also found that Iberia airlines had some very good deals (using this years dates) I got a quote for $186 roundtrip Paris to Barcelona/Barcelona to London. :moped:

I am even debating whether to fly into London or Paris, you know day in London chunnel train to DLP & Paris then fly to Barcelona Hence the Iberia Itinerary! :moped:

I am definitely going to DLP before the cruise so that workes fine for me.The big question is whether to do a day in London?

I have noticed as we get closer to those dates of departure prices have increased substantially.

Either way you will not be able to check actual fares for your flights until 11 months before departure, around August 1st. :moped:

Will need to coin a new drink for the Med cruise Barcelona Bammer! :stir:

RJAYL said:
Will need to coin a new drink for the Med cruise Barcelona Bammer! :stir:
what's in it ? Let's see ... rum? (too much in the hot sun = sleepy time) te-kill-ya? :crazy: Do they drink Sangria in Spain? ... something, something ... oh the possibilities :lmao:

OK OK

Lets see :stir: Rum Fruit (oranges, cherries) Wine = Fine Time :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter