June 27, 2007 10 Night - The Rodney Dangerfield of Med Cruises

Right now, my friend and I are looking at maybe working it out so we don't need a hotel room anywhere but DLP. We're from different states and have to book our own air.

M&C said:
Please let me know if you think it's a good deal going through a travel agent now or waiting since it's over a year away. I looked through the Dreams Unlimited website but there was no phone number. I guess I'll have to buckle down and submit their internet form.

Thanks and let the planning continue!

M&C- San Diego? Us, too! North County
Doinitagain - my aunt and uncle have lived in Eagan for 40 years.
(It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all, it's a small....
ok, I'll stop now​
:lmao:

DS will be so happy to know that there will be other guys his age going along. On our other cruises, we've had "teen" threads to try to get the kids together but haven't been very successful (boys being the oh so communicative ones at this age). Hopefully we can set something up like that in a few months. DS doesn't even know about this cruise yet :rolleyes1

sparrow_of_tortuga said:
shhhhh! I don't want him to find out just yet.

I was thinking it would be a good 8th grade graduation gift, but no. It's more likely to be a "Hey Cheri, you survived middle school without killing him!" type of gift. :lmao: (anyone know of a Swiss boarding school ... for parents?)

Honu13 said:
Also, who's booking their own air?

My family is going - me, my DH, DD who will be 9; DS will be 3. This is our first Disney Cruise. We are so excited! :banana:

also Honu13 - we will be booking our own air; through DCL we were quoted $1400 roundtrip from Miami to Barcelona. If we do it on our own I know I can find as low as $850-900 round trip (if we shop around and buy it at the right time) $500 diffrence x 4 = $2000.00 savings.

We are booking our own air. Probaly into London (seems cheaper then Paris) then Chunnel to DLP or Paris.

We usually fly Non-Stop, and are planning to do DLP on the way to Barcelona! :moped:

By the way Iberia Airline was 189 roundtrip Paris to Barcelona, Barcelona to London! That was based on this year same dates as next years cruise. pirate:

{tap, tap, tap} Hullo? Anyone, anyone? Bueller?

No no the second page will never do!

(just a little bump)

Doingitagain said:
Soccermom-Cheri, did you see we will be on the the opposite side of the ship from you? :wave:
Too bad I won't be able to just stick my head out of the door and yell, "hey you doingitagain?" :lmao: (bad Rodney Dangerfield-type humor?) don't worry. It would be more like, "you comin' over for happy hour or what?"

the "Soccermom" thing ... sometime after I signed on here my DS decided to change me from "Soccermom" to "Golf Taxi".

BTW, bought gas today. Paid $3.37 a gallon for 87 octane!

:wizard: :banana: Yay! It's nice to see others as excited as I am and I'm DEFINITELY OCD!!!! lol
Me, disney fanatic, DH, DD (16) and DD (12) for 10 nights in the Med! Be glad to see everyone there!

:tigger: :ccat: :goofy: :stitch: :simba: :hmghost: :mickeyjum: :tink: :fish:
DCL Magic 2001
WDW 2001
WDW 2002
WDW 2003
WDW 2005

:smickey:

My DS and I just returned from a weekend at Disneyland about 2 weeks ago (also there to catch the Yankees @ Angels games! Love the Yankees!) We got so excited about the Med cruise. Pretty sure we want to go to Disneyland Paris in a pre-cruise stay.

My Dad travels to Europe every year...he bikes through! (I think he wishes he were Lance Armstrong) Anyway, I'm pumping him for information!

Anyone else considering/certain about a pre-stay in Paris?

Honu13 said:
My DS and I just returned from a weekend at Disneyland about 2 weeks ago (also there to catch the Yankees @ Angels games! Love the Yankees!) We got so excited about the Med cruise. Pretty sure we want to go to Disneyland Paris in a pre-cruise stay.

My Dad travels to Europe every year...he bikes through! (I think he wishes he were Lance Armstrong) Anyway, I'm pumping him for information!

Anyone else considering/certain about a pre-stay in Paris?

We're considering it. Not sure with DH's schedule though.

I hadn't really thought about going to Paris first. Are you thinking DP or the Eiffel, Arc de Triumph (sp?) tour? I wonder if DD (then 9) would enjoy the "tour" even though the stuff is pretty close together...

I'd love to see Spain, but i'm not sure what is there to fascinate kids. They are not the museum type for sure. Ideas?

I've also seen the hotel prices for Barcelona. Our DU agent (hi Sue Ellen :wave: ) found recent prices. The rooms hold 3 people. Um...??? Anybody get that one? The hotel at the harbor is out for sure $610 a night. There is a Hilton a mile away, I think for about $420. What are you guys thinking? What is Disney booking?

TDC Nala said:
Right now, my friend and I are looking at maybe working it out so we don't need a hotel room anywhere but DLP. We're from different states and have to book our own air.

Hi found this site . www.cheapoair.com :sunny:

We are thinking London-train-DLP-overnight train to Barcelona. It seems nice because we wouldn't have to get a hotel room in Barcelona. Has anyone had any experience with or information about the overnight train from Paris to Barcelona?

We're going to have to give this cruise more respect than this. The bottom of page two. This simply won't do.

Sombody post a joke, a drink recipe, what are you looking forward to most, something. :confused3

c'mon, Sparrow, get off the October thread ( :rotfl2: ) -

those of us with youngsters (8 and under) do you think they will get anything out of Rome? Would you consider leaving them on the ship? I don't want to drag DD around if she'll be a crab, but she has BTDT in the club. What to do, what to do ...

:wizard: and thread comes alive ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter