June 27, 2007 10 Night - The Rodney Dangerfield of Med Cruises

Can I join too? Cruising will be me, my DH, DD (13 when we sail) and DS (turning 11 on the cruise). This is our first cruise and we are really looking forward to the experience. I'm planning on booking my own air and keeping options open for flying into London, Paris or Barcelona and tacking on days before or after. I was thrilled to see this thread because I was hoping to find out what others are doing. :cheer2:

Hi sgause - welcome aboard! You will ove disney cruising. Where in Minnesota are you? We are in Mendota Heights!

GeneralMax said:
Hi sgause - welcome aboard! You will ove disney cruising. Where in Minnesota are you? We are in Mendota Heights!

We are from Eagan, Minnesota! DD will be 18, DS will be 15.

Welcome sguase and Doingitagain!!

It looks like there are going to be a lot of 18-19 year-old girls for my DD to hang out with on this cruise.

It looks like there are going to be a good amount of 14 & 15 year old boys on the cruise!

Which means I wont be seeing my son much on the boat as they tend to disapear (They run in packs you know) :yay:

We are deffinitely doing DLP before the cruise, I wish DCL would post whatever they are planning to offer! :hourglass

We too are thinking London-train-DLP-train-Barcelona. I noticed our cruise prices have jumped up from booking day prices. Ours would be another $1,450 to book today. It looks like our ship will be full if everyone hangs in there 'till the end.

Thinking...planning...thinking...planning...

TDC Nala said:
It is great nobody here has to sail "alone." My roomie and I are planning to stay in DLP on my DVC points before the cruise...works well with the schedule. Sunday and Monday are the best days to use points, and that works out VERY well.

I looked at flying into Paris and I like the prices they had for Iceland Air...hey yes, I could stand a stop in Reykjavik. Too early to make decisions, though.

Just stopping by to say hi. :wave2:

RJAYL said:
We are deffinitely doing DLP before the cruise, I wish DCL would post whatever they are planning to offer! :hourglass

I called DCL a few hours ago and they still know nothing about any Paris excursions. They said they're waiting to see if there's enough interest. LOL! I guess they haven't seen our thread!

I passed our interest on to our TA so he could pass it on to Disney. I noticed some of our group over on the Disney Land Paris boards. The more inquiring we do on the boards the better. I know with 100% certaintly that they monitor this website!!! :disrocks:

It looks like the DL Hotel is the place to go right at the entrance to the park 3 use anytime fastpasses when you register. Stay in their version of concierge and you get VP fast passes use as much as you like! :thumbsup2

Howdy Generalmax and Doingitagain - we are over in Maple Grove! Good to see that Minnesota will be represented on the cruise that gets no respect! :thumbsup2

Add us to the list! Me, DH, DDs (11 and 4 at time of cruise). So excited! Too much planning to do, but running into some roadblocks. Booked through DVC and for some reason only thing they offer is a redeye to Barcelona. DCL already has some hotels for pre and post-cruise stay and they will coordinate flights with how ever many nights you plan to be in Barcelona. DVC says they can't offer that. DCL won't let me spend my money with them as an add-on to our reservation. What am I to do? Checked a few hotels, but they don't have rates yet.

Please let me know how you're planning the rest of your trips so I can get some ideas! Wonder if DU has anything for people like us who feel stuck in the middle.

(ps. tried to add smiles, but can't figure it out yet.)

M&C said:
Add us to the list! Me, DH, DDs (11 and 4 at time of cruise). So excited! Too much planning to do, but running into some roadblocks. Booked through DVC and for some reason only thing they offer is a redeye to Barcelona. DCL already has some hotels for pre and post-cruise stay and they will coordinate flights with how ever many nights you plan to be in Barcelona. DVC says they can't offer that. DCL won't let me spend my money with them as an add-on to our reservation. What am I to do? Checked a few hotels, but they don't have rates yet.

Please let me know how you're planning the rest of your trips so I can get some ideas! Wonder if DU has anything for people like us who feel stuck in the middle.

(ps. tried to add smiles, but can't figure it out yet.)
We are working through a TA for hotels and air transportation.

Please let me know if you think it's a good deal going through a travel agent now or waiting since it's over a year away. I looked through the Dreams Unlimited website but there was no phone number. I guess I'll have to buckle down and submit their internet form.

Thanks and let the planning continue!

My TA said she couldn't book until about a year ahead, so it is still too early. But she is looking at what it would be if we went this summer to give us some ideas. It sure is nice having a TA doing the legwork for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter