June 27, 2007 10 Night - The Rodney Dangerfield of Med Cruises

TDC Nala

1937, what a year that was
It don't get no respect. Every Med cruise has a thread but this one. Some of them even have TWO threads. Somebody's gotta start somethin' and it might as well be me.

Anybody else booked?

Cheri's ever changing website that I will have to keep an eye on in case the link should be updated:

Heading to the Med

Just booked this cruise. Me, Dh, DD(will be 19), DS(will be 14), DD(will be 11)
A trip we all remember for a lifetime!!!

Let the planning begin!!! :banana: :banana: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :cheer2: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I am officially transitioning from lurker/stalker on these boards...to participant! My son (will be 11) and I are booked for this cruise! We are so excited :banana: :Pinkbounc :woohoo: :cheer2: :yay:

Count me in! I know there have got to be others on this cruise! After all, some of the categories started going up in pricing pretty quickly.

Are we going to have a Rodney Dangerfield costume night?

If you build the thread... they will come. But you still won't get no respect. -- "Dangerfield of Dreams"

Is anyone going over to Barcelona early for a pre-night stay? My DS and I were thinking of a 2 or 3 day pre stay. That way we can get acclimated (sp. ?) to the time zone and get some sightseeing in.

Also, who's booking their own air?

Oooohhhh! I LOVE to plan! I swear I have OCD! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

We are in Me, DW, DS(will be 14), DD(will be 12), DD(will turn 6 on cruise) and finaly DD(will turn 3 on cruise).
:grouphug:
We are planning Disneyland Paris before and Barcelona after (or Vica Versa) for stays! :moped:

I'm headed for Disneyland Paris precruise, 2 maybe 3 nights there and perhaps an overnight train to Barcelona. Definitely booking my own air.

:wave: Hey Cheri!! I'm so excited that you're on the med with us!!!!
Ah, you know how Beano is. LOL!!!

We did our air through Disney. I didn't want to worry about doing it myself. LOL! We are spending a night in Barcelona before to get a bit adjusted before we get on the ship. We'll probably do Disneyland Paris for a few days on the way home. DD is very excited about going to DP!!!

I understand that it would be better (less crowded) to Do DLP before the cruise French school vactions start 7/4! :cool1:

I was also told to skip the weekends, so arriving on a Sunday would be Prime! :moped:

Good advice! Thanks for the info RJAYL! :thumbsup2 I'll talk to my hubby and see if he can swing his vacation time a little bit. I appreciate it!!!

TDC Nala - glad to see someone started a thread I was starting to think we were sailing alone.

We are in me, DH, DD who will be 15, DS who will be 12 and hopefully my sister.

We are just two weeks back from our last 7 days on the Magic. We had a GREAT group of DIS'er and in fact a bunch of us joined up for dinner. We definately made some new friends we hope to keep in touch with. I am not sure we can last until summer of 2007. :hyper:

I am hoping that we will do a few days in Barcelona pre-cruise. But it depends on timing and airfare. We booked Disney air but I am sure we can get a better price booking our own or hopefully using frequent flier miles.

It is great nobody here has to sail "alone." My roomie and I are planning to stay in DLP on my DVC points before the cruise...works well with the schedule. Sunday and Monday are the best days to use points, and that works out VERY well.

I looked at flying into Paris and I like the prices they had for Iceland Air...hey yes, I could stand a stop in Reykjavik. Too early to make decisions, though.

Originally I was thinking about flying into London, then taking the eurostar to Paris or DLP, but I was informed by my DW that she thinks that it would be to much for the children, and that we should fly directly into Paris :sad2:

Oh well I will have to see what the flight costs are, I could always justify that way :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter