June 25th - July 2nd!

llachance

DIS Veteran
Cast of characters included Mom and Step-dad, Future in-laws but since I got married yesterday they are my in laws, three teen agers, and John and I!

Embarkation - got to the port at 10:00 on the ship by about 12:30, Mango soup and peel and eat sheep in parrot cay - need I say more. My father in law travels with oxygen and it was on board and in his state rooom before he was! The terminal had plenty of seating, pictures and other things we stayed entertained while we waited.

Stateroom - inside connecting. First time inside and found out about not staying in the stateroom. (Have had veranda in previous two cruises). Shared with my daughter and her friend. They generously gave me the couch :) It isn't comfortable, in my mind, but sufficed for the week. Rosa was our stateroom host. Pleasant to talk to. Kept our ice as we like the entire week. My inlaws had the same host but never got ice once, even though they aske :confused3

Sea Days - love em. The whole point of cruising. We had brunch in Palo which was awesome. My husband and I had High tea which was nice time alone. The weather on the first sea day was cool, the second day I was in the pool. We did tequilla tasting and martini tasting, nice additions in my mind for adults.

Puerto Vallarta - my daughter, daughter's friend and I went on the canopy tour offered by disney. Had a great time and I would recommend it! I am scared of heights but didn't have a problem with the tour.

Mazatlan - went on the folklorico show and beach excursion. The show was probably longer then the younger kids wanted but we enjoyed it. When we got to the beach we were warned about jelly fish....my daughter stepped on a sea urchin but it didn't keep her out of the water. Saw several people that were stung but they had vinager available to sooth the sting. Lots of people played in the pool. My daughter made a pinata which became one of her favorite souveniers!

Cabo San Lucas - we didn't have any plans. Got on a tender and were ashore by 9:00 am. Got a water taxi (4 for $40.00) took us on a ride out to pelican rock, glass bottom taxi so when the gentleman put tortillas in the water saw lots of tropical fish....had a great ride then he took us to the beach and promised to pick us up at 2:30. We walked into town, picked up some souviniers, had lunch at the "Crazy Iquana" spent an hour in the water and the taxi was back at 2:30 as promised..on the ship and in the pool by 3:30. Best day of all - we all agreed.

Shows - loved them all. Actually saw all of them for the first time!

Dining - late seating. Our servers were Ronald and Eddie! Couldn't have a better team. In fact, although our food was good at Palo we all agreed that Ronald and Eddie were better servers! Didn't have any meals that I didn't like! In fact I was surprised at the step up from the last cruise!

Spa - only thing I did in the spa that cruise was sign up for two hours of personal training! It was awesome. Luke was a great inspiration and I feel that it was money well spent. I also did several miles on deck 4.

Dis Meets - thanks for the personal invite for the last sea day but it happened during my hour of personal training! Wished I could have caught up with the people that I have met on the board. Put green mickeys on my door every day (So I could remember where my room was) and they were always gone. Finally stuck them in the ceiling above the door! I could find them no one else could.

The Stack - with three teenagers along I can tell you that they met new friends and had a great time! My daughter is 18 so on our next cruise she won't be able to be part of the teenage group any more. I think she will miss it!

Overall - took along converts to the Disney Cruise Experience - they would all go back. So would I. In fact if my mother gets a verandah for the repositioning cruise in August I will be joining her!

Happy Cruising.

Lisa

BTW_ when we got home we found an extra bag in our belongings. It belongs to a family that lives in Whittier! I will be fed exing it tomorrow!

:bride: :groom: Congratulations, Lisa, on your wedding. What a way to get things started, with a Disney Cruise. But it sounded like you were a bit crowded :crowded: in your room with daughter and friend.

You said your daughter is 18. My husband and I will be taking our 3 kids, DD20 :earsgirl: , DD18 :earsgirl: and DS 15 :earsboy: (ages at time of cruise) next Summer on our first Disney Cruise, which also happens to be our first family cruise :boat: . I am somewhat worried that my 2 daughters, being older, may be bored with the onboard activities (we do have our shore excursions planned, so offboard activities isn't a worry). How did your traveling teens do? And what on ship activities did they like, not like?

Thanks for the advice!

Karen :thewave:

My daughter, although she was 18, was allowed to be a member of the stack. She had a ball with her friend along. My step-son is pretty much an introvert but managed to find things to keep him busy (mainly slept but that is his MO anyway). My daughter is a disney fan so didn't miss a show, learned napkin folding and towel folding, laid on the beach, shopped etc. I think that everyone and anyone can have a good time. The in-laws aren't huge disney fans but enjoyed the cruise as well......I still haven't taken advantage of everything available on the ship and this was my third cruise!

Room wasn't crowded with 3 people....but there was a pull down bunk and I really don't know how 4 adults would fit......the girls schedule was not nearly like mine so we didn't have a problem with showers etc.

Thx for sharing, Lisa, your excursion info was helpful!!! :goodvibes

thanks for your great review I was sorry that we did not get to meet face to face either but with so much going on I had to pick a time to meet and I knew that would not be good for everyone. We loved the cruise and the shows also.

Lisa, your trip report was great. Sorry that we did not get to meet you at the Dis board gatherings but I understand completely.
Best wishes on your marriage. Hope the two of you have a wonderful life together!
Martha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter