June 24, 2012 5 Night Dream FE Info

Hi! I am new to the DIS Boards but would love to participate in the Fish Extender exchange for the 6/24 5-night Bahama cruise. I think I need to get up to 10 postings so hopefully I'll make it by the 5/1 deadline. Thank you for the information Nicole!

Congrats Dagny on all of the medals, including C2C! Wow! My friend and I also did the Tinkerbell Half -super fun and loved the costumes! Trying to decide if it's worth the trip to the East Coast to run the other Disney races.

Have fun training!

Hi Nicole! I finally got up to 10 postings (thank you Pikester for the tip on the testing board that I saw on another posting - that was a huge help!). I sent you a PM with our information so hopefully you received it. Thanks again for organizing!

Hi all
So we have had a few more additions since the last list. I will update tomorrow as 5/1 is our official cutoff date. :cool1: Looks like we've got a good turnout for this FE!

Hi all

Here's the final tally!

As of 5/1/12, the FE participants for our cruise are :

DVC Family
dmwang9
*jaurban
Michele325 or TheGoofy5
chknlady
*Disneyfun1
*btrim
Mrstrim2002
*tigger813 or doconeill
skatingmom
*PE_TCR
waltdisneyworlddreamer
*bjkjoy or julylady
othello32
*CDolacki2003
*DrMomof3
#1Yepod
*ImTooExcitedToSleep
jisom12 or mitziemouse
DiznyMagic
*lapdwife
TivoQueen
*Disney Enabler
disneydaveb
*Dagny
IFAM5
jbernatz
Houstonkling

With a total of:

64 adults
9 teens ages 13-17 (6 girls, 3 boys)
44 kids (21 girls, 23 boys)

with a grand total of 33 cabins participating. Asterisks indicate these folks are also on the podcast FE list. Also, a few folks on the list have multiple cabins so don't be confused by the cabin numbers not adding up!

So, since I've never done this before, I'm looking for a little input. Once the final list is completed, is it usually sent to everyone via email? I was thinking about doing a Google doc since there are some people who still do not have cabin numbers and a Google doc would allow everyone to edit their own info. What does everyone think? How is it usually done or is there a better way?

All feedback is appreciated!

Nicole

At this time cabin numbers do not seem as important to me as ages and gender of the kids in the group so we can buy and package the appropriate gifts for everyone. The ages and gender of the kids make so much difference in what type of gift they should have.

Hi Nicole! Thanks for sending out the final tally list! This is our first time on a Disney cruise and therefore, our first time participating in the FE exchange, so I apologize I don't have any good tips for you.

For those of you who have participated in FE exchanges before, are there any "gift guidelines" in terms of how to package or label your gifts? I wasn't sure if we put each cabin/family's name on each gift and sign-it with our family's name or is part of the fun trying to figure out who gave out what. :confused3

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :goodvibes

I've never done this before either but I agree that the ages and gender of the kids is important. Would also be nice if you had a number of adult females and adult males. I would like to have after you get all the cabin numbers, a breakdown of who is in each cabin (i.e. #adults, #kids, etc.) The sooner the better.

Hi! I spoke to a friend of mine who went on the Disney Alaska cruise last year and here is what she told me about how they organized their FE list.

Basically their FE organizer posted a list just like the one DVC Family has already compiled (i.e. by DISBoard name) but included all of the information next to each participant -- for example, IFAM5, Cabin #, DW, DH, DS(9), etc.

My friend mentioned that sometimes cabin numbers change if people upgrade, etc. so I think their FE group met on the first day of the cruise and made sure of final cabin numbers at that time.

She also mentioned that it varied on how people "labeled" their gifts. She used her DISBoard name to "sign" each gift but others left gifts incognito as part of the fun.

Hope this helps! :goodvibes

Hi! I spoke to a friend of mine who went on the Disney Alaska cruise last year and here is what she told me about how they organized their FE list.

Basically their FE organizer posted a list just like the one DVC Family has already compiled (i.e. by DISBoard name) but included all of the information next to each participant -- for example, IFAM5, Cabin #, DW, DH, DS(9), etc.

My friend mentioned that sometimes cabin numbers change if people upgrade, etc. so I think their FE group met on the first day of the cruise and made sure of final cabin numbers at that time.

She also mentioned that it varied on how people "labeled" their gifts. She used her DISBoard name to "sign" each gift but others left gifts incognito as part of the fun.

Hope this helps! :goodvibes

Cool, thanks for the input. I've already got the spreadsheet done with all of the relevant info. It's just that some people have expressed concern about posting this info on a public forum (i.e. cabin numbers and number/ages of children) so I don't want to post it here. If everyone can pm me their email address, I can send the spreadsheet to you when I get home from work this evening.

Nicole

I worked on my complete spreadsheet for both FE lists and I am almost done. Thanks so much for the list. Now to organize the gifts for the right kids. It's getting closer.

Is it too late? I hope not, but please let us know either way. We have our FE and were unaware that things would fill up this quickly.

Butler Family in Stateroom 9136 - 5 participants
Disney Dad, Disney Mom, DS (14), DD (11) and DD (7)

Thank You
EpcotEric

Can anyone point me in the direction of an FE list that may still be open for Podcast 3.0?
I know it late but would appreciate any help

Did you try sending a PM to DVC Family? I know the other one on Podcast cruise closed on 4/1. :hippie:

Can anyone point me in the direction of an FE list that may still be open for Podcast 3.0?
I know it late but would appreciate any help

Thank you so much for all the work that goes into putting this together! Wow, the list is HUGE! I am still working on an idea and didn't know we had that many people, I better get cracking! I have put together a deck plan of the ship with the cabins marked on previous cruises, has someone done one yet? I will PM DVC Family to check.

Are those who have not yet received their room numbers going to post them here as they get them? Just wondered.

I just finished shopping for my FE gifts! Yes, shopping -- trust me, you don't want me to be *making* things for you all. The last time I tried to be all craft-y and make someone a present, she thought it was from her 5-year-old son. :lmao: Martha Stewart I most definitely am not.

-- Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter