June 23rd 2012 - Commandeering the Disney Fantasy - Pirates back in the Caribbean

Hey Everyone - Here is the link to our Facebook Group for this group.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/155732701131223/

We've got about 50+ people over there so far - some who aren't over here. If you're already on Fb, you know it's a great place to get to know each other through putting real names to faces, freely talk about things without wondering who is reading (as can happen on public boards), and arrange meetings.

The FE list is listed over there also if you're interested. I think a lot of folks are on both lists (here and there) - but just in case you haven't joined that group yet - I wanted to make you all aware and welcome!:hug:

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. Question for all the tech savy pirates? what is the differance between a notebook computer and a tablet could a tablet be used as a computer for email in the Disney Fantasy. thanks for any help..Mike

Both a notebook or tablet as long as it has wifi capability will be able to get email. Please note that the wifi on the ships as not free (actually quite expensive) and very SLOW. The best way to do email is to download your email, signout, write your responses offline and then resign back in to send. I have a copy of the signin instructions if you need them.

I think way back it was decided - for the sake of privacy - not to list anything on these public boards regarding the FE participants except for their DIS name and roster info.

There is a more comprehensive list on the FB page - https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/155732701131223/ - because it is private and only those who are members of the group can see your info ---- and when your house will be empty :rolleyes1

Thanks! It's been there all along; I just didn't know where to look. I understand the privacy thing. At some point are the number of people and cabin number for each family going to be listed? Again, just looking for a total count on the gifts needed for budget/space purposes.

Anyone up for a group dinner the night before the cruise?

If you are talking about at the port (as opposed to WDW or Hyatt) we would be interested. We are staying at the Radisson the night before.

Thanks! It's been there all along; I just didn't know where to look. I understand the privacy thing. At some point are the number of people and cabin number for each family going to be listed? Again, just looking for a total count on the gifts needed for budget/space purposes.

If you are talking about at the port (as opposed to WDW or Hyatt) we would be interested. We are staying at the Radisson the night before.

I think the cut off date is 75 days before sailing - so I would suspect that a spreadsheet of some sort will go out to the participants shortly after that for planning purposes. I am not in charge of this one -but it's how I believe things were discussed. :)

Yes the port. We like Fishlips. What time are you arriving? I was thinking around 6.

Hey Everyone - Here is the link to our Facebook Group for this group.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/155732701131223/

We've got about 50+ people over there so far - some who aren't over here. If you're already on Fb, you know it's a great place to get to know each other through putting real names to faces, freely talk about things without wondering who is reading (as can happen on public boards), and arrange meetings.

The FE list is listed over there also if you're interested. I think a lot of folks are on both lists (here and there) - but just in case you haven't joined that group yet - I wanted to make you all aware and welcome!:hug:
I have asked to join but have not heard back. Am I doing something wrong?

:guilty: :guilty:
Ahoy Capt'n. This crewmate is very sorry to say she'll not be shippin' out with the crew this trip. While a trip to WDW is doable, the expense of a cruise isn't in the cards this year. Here's hoping the crew has a marvelous time!

Please remove us form the FE list, and anything else I might have signed up for. Sigh.

I have asked to join but have not heard back. Am I doing something wrong?

I am not an admin - I don't see any requests there currently to join -- maybe the admin, Amanda, brought you in since you wrote this? Please let me know your full name so I can search you and if not, we'll get you in --- maybe I'll ask her to make me an admin so I can bridge these two groups....

:guilty: :guilty:
Ahoy Capt'n. This crewmate is very sorry to say she'll not be shippin' out with the crew this trip. While a trip to WDW is doable, the expense of a cruise isn't in the cards this year. Here's hoping the crew has a marvelous time!

Please remove us form the FE list, and anything else I might have signed up for. Sigh.

:sad::sad::sad::sad:

Sailing the Fantasy on June 23. Our fifth Disney cruise, but the first in 6 years--time flew!!!! Have two boys 14 and 16 that love sports and video games.

Not sure if we are staying at the port or at the MCO Hyatt--- suggestions??

Sailing the Fantasy on June 23. Our fifth Disney cruise, but the first in 6 years--time flew!!!! Have two boys 14 and 16 that love sports and video games.

Not sure if we are staying at the port or at the MCO Hyatt--- suggestions??

The port so you can have dinner with us the evening before!

Our flights will not arrive into MCO until 9pm- so dinner is out of the question. What is the best hotel at the port? Anyone else on this thread staying in a Cat T?

Our flights will not arrive into MCO until 9pm- so dinner is out of the question. What is the best hotel at the port? Anyone else on this thread staying in a Cat T?

Can I ask what airline you're flying? I'm coming from CT too but I haven't booked my flights yet because I want to go to WDW for a couple of days and I don't know yet whether it will be before or after the cruise. It all depends on when the last day of school ends up being (I'm a teacher). I've been checking out flight prices on Southwest and Jetblue and I'm not too impressed.

Merry Christmas!

Just did an update of our roster. If anyone isn't listed or has corrections please let me know. Also if you know of someone that has dropped from this cruise please let me know.

Hey, gydell! It's Aaron (of Joann and Aaron). We were with you on the Baltic Cruise last year. We're staying in rooms 7050 and 7052. 2 adults and 3 kids (10, 8, and 5)

Where is everyone staying the night before the cruise?

We're staying at Bay Lake Tower for a few nights before the cruise. We'll drive to Port Canaveral on the morning of the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter