June 23rd 2012 - Commandeering the Disney Fantasy - Pirates back in the Caribbean

pirate:pirate:pirate:pirate:pirate:pirate:pirate::

What be a pirate's favorite kind of humor?

Sarrrrrrrcasm!!!

Argh - there be excellent pirates here abouts...

Remember, Monday is

pirate:

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

pirate:

Arghh! Better be practicing your pirate speak mateys!

pirate:

Good morning fellow cruisers. Another week has gone by.
We now have only
arg-4-50-trans.gif
tharg-0-50-trans.gif

weeks to go to the Fantasy. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Sorry to say this....but because of a Friday morning ambulance ride to the ER.we will have to cancel the cruise. The bills will be coming soon and we still haven't paid for Kev's trip there last year.

His sugars dropped dangerously low (37) and he started having convulsions. I gave him a juice box and several spoonsful of grape jelly over an hour and a half and couldn't get them raised. I made the decision to call 911 and he took a trip to the hospital. We stayed about 2 hours,they were anble to get the levels raised over 200 and then released him.

He had a "trip" last year when they were too high (500+).diagnosed him with insulin shock and stuck him in ICU for the night. We still have not paid for that event. It just wouldn't be financially responsible of us to go on this trip now.

Sorry to say this....but because of a Friday morning ambulance ride to the ER.we will have to cancel the cruise. The bills will be coming soon and we still haven't paid for Kev's trip there last year.

His sugars dropped dangerously low (37) and he started having convulsions. I gave him a juice box and several spoonsful of grape jelly over an hour and a half and couldn't get them raised. I made the decision to call 911 and he took a trip to the hospital. We stayed about 2 hours,they were anble to get the levels raised over 200 and then released him.

He had a "trip" last year when they were too high (500+).diagnosed him with insulin shock and stuck him in ICU for the night. We still have not paid for that event. It just wouldn't be financially responsible of us to go on this trip now.

:grouphug: We'll miss you. I'm so relieved that Kev is better. :grouphug:

Thank you Es. We'll just have to plan on joining in on the next reunion ;)

How scary for you guys Deb:eek:
I know there is a tendency to second guess an ER trip when the doctors get things under control so quickly, but they have resources that make a huge difference. Who knows how things would have turned out if you had gotten there any later. So glad Kevin is okay:hug:

You guys will definitely be missed next summer:sad2:

I think others are planning short trips to the Orlando area around the time of the cruise just so they can join in the DIS meets. Maybe you guys could do that too:confused3

:sad::sad::sad:
And I started off this morning in such a good mood!:sad1:

The good news is that you did make the right decision and Kevin's okay.
But I'm so sorry about the cruise!

Deb I am so glad that Kev is doing better, but sorry to hear you won't be joining us. It won't be the same without you both. Hope you will still be a part of the group anyway, and the suggestion to look at a mini-meet before or after the cruise is a good one. I know we'll be at WDW after the cruise & hoping to plan some meets. Hang in there! :hug:

Deb, I'm so sorry to hear this:sad2:

Happy to hear that Kevin is okay, though!!!

Deb, So sorry that you aren't going to be sailing with us pirates. I am glad that Kevin is doing okay though. Those ER trips are scary business.
This just means we will have to plan another pirates cruise in the future.

Deb, So sorry that you aren't going to be sailing with us pirates. I am glad that Kevin is doing okay though. Those ER trips are scary business.

Oh, that's probably a given!! I don't see this as ending....just like the movies. pirate:;)

More is Better !!!

Oh I am so sorry for y'all, and us. We will really miss you guys. I am also sad that Kevin has had quite the mess of getting everything stabilized.
My favorite saying is "If anyone told us how hard it was bring an adult, would we still want to grow up"? You made a grown-up decision and I admire you for that. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter