June 23rd 2012 - Commandeering the Disney Fantasy - Pirates back in the Caribbean

HAPPY EASTER!!!

easterchick.jpg

:lmao::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl:

Ok, I looked and looked, but apparently my old photo album is in storage. So I had to find a photo out on the net. But back in high school and college I drove this...

Camaro1979.jpg

I loved my '79 Camaro (although mine didn't have the spoiler).

I'm a little late to this discussion. I had a '77 Type LT....aqua metallic with the white roof and interior, but the dash and steering wheel were custom aqua blue.
Kind of like this one, but mine was clean, not dented and didn't have flat tires. ;);)
I wish I'd never sold it. :sad2:

77Camaro.jpg

Just a few minutes to check in. It's been a rought couple of weeks. Mom was back in the hospital to repair damage from the first surgery and now they are taking her back to the doctor because of more leakage from the wound.

Hope everyone had a Happy Easter and that you aren't as wet as we are. This is the wetest April on record in our area. 7" so far and April isn't over. I am looking forward to some sun.

Happy to report that I was NOT chosen to sit on the jury!!!! They are predicting that it will last at least 2 weeks. :eek:

It's a fairly well publicised murder trial here. 2 years ago,some guys decided to hold up a pharmacy,there was a couple of minors with them and they sent the younger ones in to the dirty work. The pharmacist had a gun,shot one kid,the others ran,he chased after them,came back and shot the kid in the back a few more times,killing him. It was all caught on video. They've tried the pharmacist on murder charges,ended up in a hung jury so they are now getting ready to re-try it. The one I would have been sitting on was the other guys that were involved with the robbery. In our state,if somebody is killed during the commission of a crime,everybody is charged with the murder,not just the person with the weapon.

The verdict if they are found guilty would be either Life or Life Without Parole.
Would have been a tough one.

Debi- that would have been tough. I only get civil jury duties. Last jury I was on it was a guy who requested a jury trial for getting a ticket for not having enough fire extinguishers on his boat. For that I had to drive 50 miles.

Debi- that would have been tough. I only get civil jury duties. Last jury I was on it was a guy who requested a jury trial for getting a ticket for not having enough fire extinguishers on his boat. For that I had to drive 50 miles.

Oh good Lord! :laughing:

The one I did make it on,was a drug case. We had to let the guy go cuz the cops screwed up.

I have a friend who sits in an office, reads those cases and issues fines. All. Day. Long. The Coast Guard doesn't let the old guys (like 40) have any fun jobs. This is why DH and a lot of his classmates are getting out at 20 years.

I have a friend who sits in an office, reads those cases and issues fines. All. Day. Long. The Coast Guard doesn't let the old guys (like 40) have any fun jobs. This is why DH and a lot of his classmates are getting out at 20 years.

How much longer does he have M? Does this mean that after Detroit you will get to go back to Alaska?

May 31, 2013. 766 days, but who is counting?

If we can both find good jobs in Detroit, we'll stay there until the kids get out of school - 10-ish years. We still have our Alaska house (tenants secured until July 2013) if we want to go back in 2 years or rent out for 7-8 more before we go back.

Happy to report that I was NOT chosen to sit on the jury!!!! They are predicting that it will last at least 2 weeks. :eek:

It's a fairly well publicised murder trial here. 2 years ago,some guys decided to hold up a pharmacy,there was a couple of minors with them and they sent the younger ones in to the dirty work. The pharmacist had a gun,shot one kid,the others ran,he chased after them,came back and shot the kid in the back a few more times,killing him. It was all caught on video. They've tried the pharmacist on murder charges,ended up in a hung jury so they are now getting ready to re-try it. The one I would have been sitting on was the other guys that were involved with the robbery. In our state,if somebody is killed during the commission of a crime,everybody is charged with the murder,not just the person with the weapon.

The verdict if they are found guilty would be either Life or Life Without Parole.
Would have been a tough one.

I would be happy to not be chosen as well, Deb. That would be a ton of pressure to decide the fate of a person. Even if all of the evidence was clear.....it would be tough!

Just a few minutes to check in. It's been a rought couple of weeks. Mom was back in the hospital to repair damage from the first surgery and now they are taking her back to the doctor because of more leakage from the wound.

Hope everyone had a Happy Easter and that you aren't as wet as we are. This is the wetest April on record in our area. 7" so far and April isn't over. I am looking forward to some sun.

Terri, I'm sorry to hear that recovery is not easy for your mom. {{hugs}} and prayers!

Coral, I hope the guy was charged for the costs involved. What an A@@.

Jon was chosen for a trail (last year) that was in family court. I was actually grateful that the person didn't show up. He didn't mind being on a jury he just HATES anything that might have to do with the mistreatment of a child. He can't even watch movies like Big Daddy -- because Adam Sandler's character uses the child.

Good point. I hadn't noticed that 4/9 is only 75 days before the cruise. I'm surprised since I thought DCL moved all the payment dates to 120 days. Does anyone else have a payment date as late as April?

This will be our first cruise as a Gold member. :cool1: So we'll need to pay by 3/10 to make our reservations. I guess we'll have to try Remy.

This is from Disney Cruise Site: Your full and final payment for Stateroom Categories 1-3 must be made 90 days prior to departure. Your full and final payment for Stateroom Categories 4-12 must be made 75 days prior to departure.

Hi Katie! I've been thinking of you guys and wondering how your cruise went.

Hello :wave2:

We had such a great time. We loved all of the ports, the ship, the weather and relaxation. Now, we are getting excited for our Disney cruise. :yay: Can't wait to catch-up in person. I can't believe how fast the time has gone since our last Disney cruise.

So far our sump pump appears to be doing its job and our basement is NOT flooded:cheer2:

I want to get an alarm and a battery backup though as the pump has gotten stuck recently and flooded our basement:sad2:

Any advice from anyone else with the same issues :confused3

May 31, 2013. 766 days, but who is counting?

If we can both find good jobs in Detroit, we'll stay there until the kids get out of school - 10-ish years. We still have our Alaska house (tenants secured until July 2013) if we want to go back in 2 years or rent out for 7-8 more before we go back.

Didn't we have more days than that when we first started counting down to the PC? That will fly by!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter