June 23rd 2012 - Commandeering the Disney Fantasy - Pirates back in the Caribbean

Terri, so sorry to hear about your mom's fall:scared1: Hopefully her recovery goes well.:hug:

Well, just a driveby to say hello and to get us off the 3rd page:)

Got our confirmation so we are in. Since we cancelled the Dream cruise we upgraded this cruise to a verandah room. We are moving up in the world.:lmao: We went from an inside cabin to a porthole to a verandah. We are second dining with the 7 PM show, so we are looking forward to sitting on our verandah after dinner...and I can sit out there in the morning while Brett is getting ready. It is nice to have something to look forward to while my Mom is recovering.

:rotfl2: Jon LOVES sitting on the verandah! I only go on the verandah during port days. :rotfl:

While playing around with dates/costs for our Fall trip Jon decides that the trip would be even better if our oldest & his gf and our older daughter & grandson (2 at cruise time) were to join us....... I think he was even happier when I told him that we had enough pts to get them 2 cat 9 or 8 cabins instead of paying cash. :) I'm thinking that if we do decide to take them that our 20yr dd will be TICKED! lol. Since she will be the only one not going....

I hope everyone is having a GREAT week!

So ready for this week to be over!!! I was called for jury duty on Monday. Here it is Thursday and they still don't have a panel picked!!! We may still have to go back next Monday for interviews.

So ready for this week to be over!!! I was called for jury duty on Monday. Here it is Thursday and they still don't have a panel picked!!! We may still have to go back next Monday for interviews.

I never heard of it taking this long! Wowzers!!! I hope it isn't too much longer for you!

I never heard of it taking this long! Wowzers!!! I hope it isn't too much longer for you!

We go back on Monday! I'm still treading water out in the jury pool. We started with 130 people,we're down to 84.

Yes,it's a big case. Murder trial.

Ddon't forget that if you want to book Palo, etc...you need to be PIF by March 25th (I think or close to it) if you are a Silver CC member.:thumbsup2

Good point. I hadn't noticed that 4/9 is only 75 days before the cruise. I'm surprised since I thought DCL moved all the payment dates to 120 days. Does anyone else have a payment date as late as April?

This will be our first cruise as a Gold member. :cool1: So we'll need to pay by 3/10 to make our reservations. I guess we'll have to try Remy.

Besides being a "DCL"oholic :lmao:, you would be considered Silver.

1 to 4 completed cruises = silver
5 to 9 completed cruises = gold
10 + completed cruises = platinum

I still think that they should change this system to be a days system vs. a # of cruises system or even an 'either or' method - like 5 cruises or 20 nights gets you gold and 10 cruises or 40 nights gets you platinum.

If you've done 5 3-days - for a total of 15 days, you are Gold. But folks like us, who have done a 12-night, an 11-night, a 7-night, a 4-night, and have two more 7-nights booked have invested far more in the DCL brand, but get no recognition.

Just sayin' :rolleyes1

I still think that they should change this system to be a days system vs. a # of cruises system or even an 'either or' method - like 5 cruises or 20 nights gets you gold and 10 cruises or 40 nights gets you platinum.

If you've done 5 3-days - for a total of 15 days, you are Gold. But folks like us, who have done a 12-night, an 11-night, a 7-night, a 4-night, and have two more 7-nights booked have invested far more in the DCL brand, but get no recognition.

ITA. This will be our 5th cruise, so we will finally be Gold when we get off the boat - after 44 nights total onboard.

Good point. I hadn't noticed that 4/9 is only 75 days before the cruise. I'm surprised since I thought DCL moved all the payment dates to 120 days. Does anyone else have a payment date as late as April?

This will be our first cruise as a Gold member. :cool1: So we'll need to pay by 3/10 to make our reservations. I guess we'll have to try Remy.

The one booked through DCL is 4/9/2012. The one the TA has is asking for payment 3/30/12. I think the 120 days out is only for Alaska and the special cruises. :)

Good morning fellow cruisers. Another week has gone by.
We now have only
tharg-6-50-trans.gif
tharg-1-50-trans.gif

weeks to go to the Fantasy. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I don't think there was a way to make everyone happy with the CC levels:sad2:

There are actual cruisers taking the 2 day cruises to nowhere to increase their number of cruises to qualify for gold and platinum. Now a 2 day cruise is equal to a 15 TA or PC cruise? :confused3:confused3

Took me 49 nights nights, but as of March 31 I'm gold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter