June 23rd 2012 - Commandeering the Disney Fantasy - Pirates back in the Caribbean

I've always been a Mustang girl, but I really like the new Camaros. I tend to drive my cars until the wheels fall off, so it will be a while before I get a new car, but I would definately consider a Camaro. Although I really like going top down.

topdown.jpg

You can always get a Camaro Convertible. They are super Hot!!!
attachment.php

We'll be in Lorton. The girls will attend Laurel Hill Elementary school. They can't wait! We visited over Christmas and Caitie was astounded at the art classroom and Alex couldn't believe the smart boards!!!!

My daughter is also a fan of the Smart Boards. They are really cool! How old are your kids again?

Our schools will be going "Year Round" next year. Classes start Aug. 1st and I believe it gets out the last week of May. I manage the cafeteria so I have to be there the last week of July.

I think I'm really going to like this new schedule. We get 2 weeks for Fall Break instead of a 3 day weekend,3 weeks for Winter Break and 2 weeks for Spring Break.

We love it!!! Every three months the kids get three weeks off. Four weeks at Christmas time for track four, because they get their three weeks plus everyones one week between christmas and new years.

Adam loves his Camaro:goodvibes And to think he has had it going on 2 years (?) and I've only sat in it once and never been given a ride:rolleyes1

Ok, I looked and looked, but apparently my old photo album is in storage. So I had to find a photo out on the net. But back in high school and college I drove this...

Camaro1979.jpg

I loved my '79 Camaro (although mine didn't have the spoiler).

Alan had a '78 black Trans Am when we were dating.......

I drove a 1987 Mercury Cougar XR-7 Turbo when I was in high school. It was only about a year old when I got my license, and until I bought my Mustang in 2007, it was the coolest car I ever had.

Umm, the engine basically exploded when I was in college. The mechanic told my Dad (it was his car) that turbo Cougars had that problem if the turbo charge was overused. :rolleyes1

Camaro didn't make convertibles in the first few years of their comeback. Now I am really interested. Or at least I will be in 2017 or so when I am car shopping again. I have vacations to pay for, you know!

Don't want to make you all jealous, so I won't post pics of the Prius....

Not sure what I am doing. Not sure if I am even doing this right. Just got our reminder card for the June 23 2012 Fantasy cruise. Trying to find people to get to know so that we aren't so alone like we were on the first cruise. My name is Sarah, Husband is Ed, kids are Dakota 14(at cruise time), and Madisen(12 at cruise time). We would love to meet all of the wonderful people that go on Disney Cruises, maybe have some ready made friends for our kids, and become a part of the Disney family. We have been DVC members for almost 5yrs and LOVE IT!

Hi, Im Sarah, husband Ed, my son Dakota 14 at cruise time, and stepdaughter Madisen 12 at cruise time. I noticed we'd both have 14yr olds at cruise time and wanted to get connected. Maybe our kids could meet before the cruise sails. Last cruise, my son was too afraid to go try to make friends. I would like him to have more fun on this cruise. That is why I joined disboards. I want this to be an even better cruise than the last (if that is even possible).

Sarah, my now 20yr old daughter will tell you that the best way to meet kids on DCL is go to the Teen Club the first night. :thumbsup2 And my son would LOVE to meet your son!
Brian *Elvis* is a great kid! He is an actor, Ripstiker (is that a word?), SoleSkater and Gamer
. :)

Very nice!

Hi Sarah......Welcome to the DIS!:wave2: I have a daughter who will be 12 at time of cruise also! There are loads of kids in the age range of your two.

Many of us have cruised together previously, and you may notice we are very familiar with each other. But, I think I can speak for most people in this group, that we love welcoming and meeting new people as well. Please jump in! The DIS friends we met on our last 2 cruises made our trips the best vacations ever!

What she said!
:goodvibes

I'm very happy to say that after almost 19 months,Kevin has been offered a job! :banana:

Shift Manager for a local Ice Cream/Dairy company.

:banana::banana: The only thing my brother didn't like about working for them was the teenagers. :rotfl: He was an evening shift manager. ;)
He made good money, though
! :thumbsup2

Lorri, my husband drives a 2011 Mustang (Shelby) the same colors as your Camaro. :)

The girls are 9, 7, and 4. They'll be in 4th, 2nd, and pre-K next fall.

How old are yours?

Katie will be 9 on June 1st and in 4th grade next fall as well. Always happy to see more girls her age! She has been on two other DCL trips, but they were with friends with kids her age, so this will be her first without built in friends. :)

Colby is 2, but he'll be 3 in October. Hoping that we can get him potty trained by the time we sail!

My daughter is also a fan of the Smart Boards. They are really cool! How old are your kids again?

Katie will be 9 on June 1st and in 4th grade next fall as well. Always happy to see more girls her age! She has been on two other DCL trips, but they were with friends with kids her age, so this will be her first without built in friends. :)

Colby is 2, but he'll be 3 in October. Hoping that we can get him potty trained by the time we sail!

Maybe this fall we can get the girls together so they will have a friend onboard! We'll only be across the county.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter