June 23rd 2012 - Commandeering the Disney Fantasy - Pirates back in the Caribbean

I've heard planting red flowers greatly improves curb appeal. They say it is the most "welcoming" color. Maybe this Spring you will get an offer!

Our garden is sooooooo full of flowers and flowering bushes, that Im afraid it may actually scare some buyers away. It is NOT a low maintenance garden. But, now that you mention it, none of them are red. HMMMMMM.

Apparently, you should also bury a mini statue of some saint or another upside down in your yard. My MIL sends us one every time we put a house on the market. I think I have 5 little statues of Saint Whatshisname in a junk drawer somewhere.

I did that with my old house. It didnt work for a looong time. I think it is St Joseph. Someone told me to go buy one too. I figured lowering the price might actually work better.

Good morning fellow cruisers. Another week has gone by.
We now have only
tharg-6-50-trans.gif
arg-4-50-trans.gif

weeks to go to the Fantasy. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Hello everyone:) Hope everyone has a great weekend. The sun is shining and not a cloud in the sky!

Congrats to Kevin, that is wonderful news Debi:cool1:

Need to head into work sometime today. Alan & Adam are going to my nieces to watch the big Kentucky basketball game. I sure am glad they didn't invite everyone over here. Alan came home from the last one very hoarse from all the screaming & cheering. :scared1:

Have some fun today:)

Thank you Paula. He came home last night after his first day with lots of good things to say about the job. I haven't seen him this happy in over a year! He's pulling two double shifts this weekend and he will get paid this week already.

And he's already told his new boss that he'll be needing time off next year. :thumbsup2

I'm very happy to say that after almost 19 months,Kevin has been offered a job! :banana:

Shift Manager for a local Ice Cream/Dairy company.

Congratulations. So glad things are now looking up for you too.

As the saying goes "Been There, Done That" don't want to ever go back.

Enjoy.

Barbara

WELCOME!

I'm Stephanie, DH Jon and our 3 youngest kids will be sailing with us...Samantha 21, B. Elvis 14 and Claire 10 at time of cruise. :)

Hi, Im Sarah, husband Ed, my son Dakota 14 at cruise time, and stepdaughter Madisen 12 at cruise time. I noticed we'd both have 14yr olds at cruise time and wanted to get connected. Maybe our kids could meet before the cruise sails. Last cruise, my son was too afraid to go try to make friends. I would like him to have more fun on this cruise. That is why I joined disboards. I want this to be an even better cruise than the last (if that is even possible).

When is your kids' last day of school in 2012? We'll be in Northern Virginia, and the last day will be June 19. Here's hoping there are not too many snow make-up days or we'll be cutting it close.

When is your kids' last day of school in 2012? We'll be in Northern Virginia, and the last day will be June 19. Here's hoping there are not too many snow make-up days or we'll be cutting it close.

My sons last day will be June 7th, but my stepdaughter is on a year round calander, so she is going to miss the last week of school for the cruise. Should be fine though. They never do anything for the last week of school, except retake testing, and she passes everything anyhow. Sorry if I answered this and you weren't talking to me. Still figuring this website out.:goodvibes

My sons last day will be June 7th, but my stepdaughter is on a year round calander, so she is going to miss the last week of school for the cruise. Should be fine though. They never do anything for the last week of school, except retake testing, and she passes everything anyhow. Sorry if I answered this and you weren't talking to me. Still figuring this website out.:goodvibes

It was a quesiton for everyone. But specifically for you... if the year round school calendar ends in July, when does the new school year start?

a question for those that have used the Disney Cruise bus transportation.
can you use the service one way? we are thinking it would be the easiest way tho get from the ship to the Orlando airport after the cruise. and what time would be the earliest a flight out should be booked.

a question for those that have used the Disney Cruise bus transportation.
can you use the service one way? we are thinking it would be the easiest way tho get from the ship to the Orlando airport after the cruise. and what time would be the earliest a flight out should be booked.

We've done that before with no problem. We normally like to stay at WDW before our cruise and have a rental car, which we drive to the port. But then after the cruise, we are generally heading straight to the airport, so having the DCL bus transfers are really nice.

I think they say that you shouldn't make your reservations before noon. MCO security can be a challenge and occasionally there are delays clearing the ship into port. On our Christmas cruise, we had that happen and there were some anxious passengers about early flights. I prefer to take my time in the morning and not rush. But technically everyone is supposed to be off the ship by 9am, leaving enough time for an hour drive to the airport and two hours to check-in and get to your gate.

It was a quesiton for everyone. But specifically for you... if the year round school calendar ends in July, when does the new school year start?

It all depends on which track you are on. Madisen is on Track 4. So the last day of school is June 30th. All tracks are off for July 1-8th, but Track 4 has off for the rest of July also, they do not start the new school year until August 2nd, or what ever date the first monday falls on.:confused3

Our schools will be going "Year Round" next year. Classes start Aug. 1st and I believe it gets out the last week of May. I manage the cafeteria so I have to be there the last week of July.

I think I'm really going to like this new schedule. We get 2 weeks for Fall Break instead of a 3 day weekend,3 weeks for Winter Break and 2 weeks for Spring Break.

Will you be in Fairfax County? The last day, with 10 snow days will be June 21st in a worst case scenario. HIGHLY unlikely we will get that many snow days. Of course, after last year, who knows!

Do you know where in NOVA you will be?

I'm very happy to say that after almost 19 months,Kevin has been offered a job! :banana:

Shift Manager for a local Ice Cream/Dairy company.

I am so happy to see this. It was probably on FB somewhere, but still haven't had a chance to see what everyone has been up to. Give Kev a big hug from me!

Will you be in Fairfax County? The last day, with 10 snow days will be June 21st in a worst case scenario. HIGHLY unlikely we will get that many snow days. Of course, after last year, who knows!

Do you know where in NOVA you will be?

We'll be in Lorton. The girls will attend Laurel Hill Elementary school. They can't wait! We visited over Christmas and Caitie was astounded at the art classroom and Alex couldn't believe the smart boards!!!!

I've always been a Mustang girl, but I really like the new Camaros. I tend to drive my cars until the wheels fall off, so it will be a while before I get a new car, but I would definately consider a Camaro. Although I really like going top down.

topdown.jpg

Apparently, you should also bury a mini statue of some saint or another upside down in your yard. My MIL sends us one every time we put a house on the market. I think I have 5 little statues of Saint Whatshisname in a junk drawer somewhere.

I did that with my old house. It didnt work for a looong time. I think it is St Joseph. Someone told me to go buy one too. I figured lowering the price might actually work better.

Ha ha! That is so cute! Yeah, my neighbor did that to sell their house. I always wonder about the new owners when they start digging to plant a shrub, and discover it.

So cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter