June 23rd 2012 - Commandeering the Disney Fantasy - Pirates back in the Caribbean

Hi Everyone!!!!:wave:

We booked this cruise over Christmas on the Magic. It will be a celebration for my graduation - finally finishing my Masters!!!

I don't know if DH (BigAWL) has been on here yet, but if not here's a short introduction: We are a family of five - Me, DH, and three beautiful girls - Caitie will be 10.5, Alex will be 8, and Gracie will be 5 on this cruise. We are currently stationed in Kampala, Uganda at the U.S. Embassy. But this summer we will return to the U.S. after five years in Africa. We are looking forward to coming home to Virginia!!!:cool1:

I recognize some of the names from our Baltic cruise and look forward to getting to know the rest of you over the course of the next 16 months.

Where do we sign up for FE and other special fun events????:confused3

Talk to you soon!
Joann

Greetings pirates! I've been incommunicado for a few weeks - super busy, super relaxed and super stressed. Sometimes all at once.

Freaking out over plans for our Med cruise this summer (just ask Lisa).

Spent a very pirate-like week with DH and another couple. We chartered a 44' sailboat and sailed, snorkeled and drank our way around the BVI. Had a fabulous time!

Downside of the trip was that we missed DS10 and his hockey team winning the league playoff championship game. They finished the season in first place to make it to the playoffs. We were in town for the semi-final game, but missed the championship (in-laws got to see him win). DS had a beautiful short handed breakaway and goal in the semis (domed it off the goalie's helmet in spectacular fashion). Our league covers a good chunk of the mid-Atlantic, so it is a pretty big deal.

Now I am looking for a new life, new house, etc. We are moving to Detroit this summer (if we are FB friends, please, please, please DO NOT mention on FB - some of my staff members are FB friends and I can't tell them yet!). So far, my summer consists of sending DS12 off to Northern Tier high adventure Boy Scout camp June 26 (4 days after school gets out), leaving my job at the end of June, getting DS back July 6, flying to Barcelona July 7, cruising DCL July 9-20, flying home the 22nd or 23rd, packing up and being completely out of our VA house by July 31. And oh yeah, I'm also trying to actually have a house and a job in D-town by then. Ugh! And yes, the boys already have tryouts scheduled with 2 different hockey teams :laughing:

On the up side...this is the shortest move we've ever had. :rotfl: Before this one FL to CT was our shortest! We are happy to be leaving the DC area and actually pretty excited about Detroit. We're both from Cleveland, so we know what we are getting into. We think we will really like it.

Arghhhhh!!! The "S-word"!!!! Doesn't anyone play baseball anymore??:sad2::sad2:

;);)

We do! (OK, my kids do) Baseball is our "off" season. Everything happens within 2 miles of my house and never before 9am! In fact, we returned from our last out-of-town hockey tournament last night - this morning we received emails from the boys' new baseball coaches since the draft was yesterday.

Debi, that picture is adorable!!!! Congratulations:)

M, good luck on the move. You have been busy!

Good for you M. OK I was hoping you might get Alameda but then I thought about the hockey stuff. I guess Detroit is better for hockey.

Best of luck with all the hunting,

Good morning fellow cruisers. Another week has gone by.
We now have only
tharg-6-50-trans.gif
tharg-6-50-trans.gif

weeks to go to the Fantasy. :cool1::cool1::cool1

We booked this cruise over Christmas on the Magic. It will be a celebration for my graduation - finally finishing my Masters!!!

I don't know if DH (BigAWL) has been on here yet, but if not here's a short introduction: We are a family of five - Me, DH, and three beautiful girls - Caitie will be 10.5, Alex will be 8, and Gracie will be 5 on this cruise. We are currently stationed in Kampala, Uganda at the U.S. Embassy. But this summer we will return to the U.S. after five years in Africa. We are looking forward to coming home to Virginia!!!:cool1:

I recognize some of the names from our Baltic cruise and look forward to getting to know the rest of you over the course of the next 16 months.

Talk to you soon!
Joann

Welcome aboard!!

Greetings pirates! I've been incommunicado for a few weeks - super busy, super relaxed and super stressed. Sometimes all at once.

Spent a very pirate-like week with DH and another couple. We chartered a 44' sailboat and sailed, snorkeled and drank our way around the BVI. Had a fabulous time!

Downside of the trip was that we missed DS10 and his hockey team winning the league playoff championship game. They finished the season in first place to make it to the playoffs. We were in town for the semi-final game, but missed the championship (in-laws got to see him win). DS had a beautiful short handed breakaway and goal in the semis (domed it off the goalie's helmet in spectacular fashion). Our league covers a good chunk of the mid-Atlantic, so it is a pretty big deal.

Now I am looking for a new life, new house, etc. We are moving to Detroit this summer (if we are FB friends, please, please, please DO NOT mention on FB - some of my staff members are FB friends and I can't tell them yet!). So far, my summer consists of sending DS12 off to Northern Tier high adventure Boy Scout camp June 26 (4 days after school gets out), leaving my job at the end of June, getting DS back July 6, flying to Barcelona July 7, cruising DCL July 9-20, flying home the 22nd or 23rd, packing up and being completely out of our VA house by July 31. And oh yeah, I'm also trying to actually have a house and a job in D-town by then. Ugh! And yes, the boys already have tryouts scheduled with 2 different hockey teams :laughing:

On the up side...this is the shortest move we've ever had. :rotfl: Before this one FL to CT was our shortest! We are happy to be leaving the DC area and actually pretty excited about Detroit. We're both from Cleveland, so we know what we are getting into. We think we will really like it.

The motor city will be a great place for a hockey mom who drives a mustang :)

I'm so glad you are happy with your next destination, and will be closer to family!

Our first "Grand Baby" was born this week. :yay:She is our Godson's first. Just call me G.G.(God Gramma)

Natalie-1.jpg

How about The God Grandmother! She is so cute!

We do! (OK, my kids do) Baseball is our "off" season. Everything happens within 2 miles of my house and never before 9am! In fact, we returned from our last out-of-town hockey tournament last night - this morning we received emails from the boys' new baseball coaches since the draft was yesterday.

Have you guys looked yet?

WE got our cruise docs for our 4/17 cruise on the Dream! :banana::banana::banana:

Only 18 more work days!

All sounds very exciting M! Glad you had a great vaca & good luck with your big move! Hugs!

Talk to you soon!
Joann

Hi! Congrats on the Masters that's a big accomplishment! :thumbsup2

I believe gydell is keeping a list on the 1st page

gydell said:
Drive by.....
Still here but busy planning for my next cruise. If there is anyone that has joined and is not on the list on the 1st page just pm me and I will add ou to the list.

Our first "Grand Baby" was born this week. :yay:She is our Godson's first. Just call me G.G.(God Gramma)

Natalie-1.jpg
So sweet. Congrats Debi.

Now I am looking for a new life, new house, etc. We are moving to Detroit this summer (if we are FB friends, please, please, please DO NOT mention on FB - some of my staff members are FB friends and I can't tell them yet!).

Welcome to Detroit. And it's a perfect place for Hockey! As well as my favorite Tigers.

Joann

Congrats!

Glad to see more girls around 10 years old and even a future fellow Virginian. :) Welcome!

Sorry I am two days late

Good day fellow cruisers. Another month has gone by.
We now have only
tharg-1-50-trans.gif
tharg-5-50-trans.gif

months to go to the Fantasy. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Not sure what I am doing. Not sure if I am even doing this right. Just got our reminder card for the June 23 2012 Fantasy cruise. Trying to find people to get to know so that we aren't so alone like we were on the first cruise. My name is Sarah, Husband is Ed, kids are Dakota 14(at cruise time), and Madisen(12 at cruise time). We would love to meet all of the wonderful people that go on Disney Cruises, maybe have some ready made friends for our kids, and become a part of the Disney family. We have been DVC members for almost 5yrs and LOVE IT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter