June 23rd 2012 - Commandeering the Disney Fantasy - Pirates back in the Caribbean

I watched the keel laying ceremony...does it seem as if Minnie Mouse will be the atrium statue? How do you feel about that choice?

I think Minnie would be great! :thumbsup2

And my dd11 says "COOOOOOL!"

I became a Cowboys fan when I was like 7-years-old as a form of rebellion against my Mom, who is a HUGE Redskins fan. My husband grew up with the Cowboys and Broncos (it helps that I have a huge crush on John Elway!) so it works for us. :)

Ewww. :)
So this is where I enjoy telling Broncos/Elway fans that I was in the stadium for The Drive.

Of course, it didn't end the way I wanted it to...

That is a great story, those are awesome memories. I tried my best to coach my girls in sports, but they just were not into it that much, and there isn't much need for a guy dance instructor. So I attended my daugther's DARE graduation recently and I asked her if she saw me there and her reply was "Yes, you are freakishly tall" (which I am not). Well I might be a freak, but that is still open to interpretation. At least she still saw me!!! :cool1:

:rotfl2:

I can't quite see Dave as a dance instructor either. But, never under estimate any time you spend with them. Our two have turned into amazing sports fans and no one changes the channel on them when football, baseball or tennis is on. I remember them debating with a few of Dave's co-workers the defensive program the Eagles were running one year. I think they were 16 and 18. Almost 20 years later and they are still at it.

Graduations are my favorite. I teared up at their bachelors, the tears ran down my face at their master's, and they just handed me a box of tissues when we went into Heather's robing ceremony for her doctorate. Now I am looking forward to the next generations games, recitals, and far off graduations. I better buy stock in Kleenex.

Barbara

I was reading the thread about the Fantasy's keel laying, and this quote caught my eye:

I found a quote on the site that was interesting:
"The Disney Fantasy will offer many of the innovations that the Disney Dream features and brought to the cruise industry for the very first time, including AquaDuck -- the world’s first shipboard water coaster. However, the Disney Fantasy will feature a few new design elements and guest experiences that will give the ship a unique identity all her own."

I'm looking forward to hearing about these "new design elements." Now it could just be the different decor and restaurant theming, but who knows? It'll be interesting to follow the progress of "our" ship as she's being built.

Good morning fellow cruisers. Another week has gone by.
We now have only
tharg-7-50-trans.gif
tharg-1-50-trans.gif

weeks to go to the Fantasy. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I was reading the thread about the Fantasy's keel laying, and this quote caught my eye:

"The Disney Fantasy will offer many of the innovations that the Disney Dream features and brought to the cruise industry for the very first time, including AquaDuck -- the world’s first shipboard water coaster. However, the Disney Fantasy will feature a few new design elements and guest experiences that will give the ship a unique identity all her own."

I'm looking forward to hearing about these "new design elements." Now it could just be the different decor and restaurant theming, but who knows? It'll be interesting to follow the progress of "our" ship as she's being built.

I think it will be like the differences in the Magic and Wonder

:woohoo:

I think it will be like the differences in the Magic and Wonder

So, decor & resturant theming. :) That's all I could see that waas different. Unless I'm missing something -- I am very unobservant so, that is always possible. :rotfl:
Samantha is the one that would remember every detail of the two ships (Disney is the only place she is that observant :lmao:) but, she is at work today. :)

That's what I'm expecting, too. It would be nice to be pleasantly surpprised with something cool and different though.

Maybe something like everyone who travels on every 13th cruise on the ship gets a free cruise? :cool1::lmao:

Maybe something like everyone who travels on every 13th cruise on the ship gets a free cruise? :cool1::lmao:

You mean....everyone who SURVIVES a 13th cruise gets a free cruise...

Maybe they will also take note of some of the complaints people have about the Dream and make some changes to the Fantasy.

Was just flipping through channels trying to find something to watch while I take a break from the laundry and found the World Series of Rubgy on. I still don't quite understand this game. There was just a penalty called, but I didn't see anyone do anything different than they already did. Dog piling and throwing people around? I know we played modified rules, but I gotta go find that pamphlet that Pete gave us so I can try to follow this better.

Was just flipping through channels trying to find something to watch while I take a break from the laundry and found the World Series of Rubgy on. I still don't quite understand this game. There was just a penalty called, but I didn't see anyone do anything different than they already did. Dog piling and throwing people around? I know we played modified rules, but I gotta go find that pamphlet that Pete gave us so I can try to follow this better.

lol. Jon has tried to watch it when he has been in Hong Kong and Austraila -- I think there is a version of Rugby called *Austrailian Rules* which he and my brother, Brett, have said looks even more dangerous. :scared1:

Loved the pic, Roger! I hope everyone had a wonderful St Valentine's Day!

I know I did! Our sweet grandbaby spent the day with us and Aunt Claire wore him out! LOL! When I said *I think he loves watching Aunt Claire because he never knows what she is going to do next.*
Claire said *I don't even know what I am going to do next!* :rotfl2:

I have a crazy 9yr old! :lmao:

Rogers photo set me thinking.....the Cupid Mickey in the Enchanted Garden on the Dream is not a replica or duplicate of the one above. While it is very similar almost all the positioning and sizes are different.

1177626517_HyTiq-L-2.jpg

Love the cupid Mickey photos:thumbsup2

Had a great time yesterday. DH remembered to make dinner resevrations without being reminded:banana:

And let me pick the movie and didn't complain when it turned out to be pretty bad:laughing:

Might want to skip "The Eagle" when considering movies:rolleyes1

Love the cupid Mickey photos:thumbsup2

Had a great time yesterday. DH remembered to make dinner resevrations without being reminded:banana:

And let me pick the movie and didn't complain when it turned out to be pretty bad:laughing:

Might want to skip "The Eagle" when considering movies:rolleyes1

I'll keep that in mind. :rotfl:

Fun that he remembered to make reservations! :thumbsup2

I was REALLY surprised to not receive any flowers....Jon usually sends flowers for EVERY holiday... lol. Oh, well. I got my camera, pretty camera case. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter