June 22 2012 New York here we come!

Villains is not my favorite either. I just think that Disney Dreams is magical (and not just because my daughter is the lead), kids seem to love that show the best because it's in true Disney style with all the characters.

Ah, Baldwin is not that far, been there many times. I have to assume that you've been to our White Oak Safe Haven animal shelter, we live about 3 minutes from there by White Oak Park.

Our daughter went to high school at McKeesport Area High School and graduated from Point Park University with a dual degree in Musical Theatre and Dance. She has been dancing since the age of 3 and started taking voice lessons in 8th grade; we found a voice we didn't know was there.

The stage is her life and we have traveled many places watching her perform. To quote my daughter, "If I was performing in the middle of the desert on a soapbox, my mom would be there to watch me." To watch her first perform on the Disney stage was just "magical" for us to watch.

This is only our 2nd cruise with Disney. We went once during her last tour, her last tour was October 2010 through April 2011 so it was hard for me to get off work since I work for our school district; this time she has a summer tour so it's a lot easier since I have the summer off. We'd like to do another cruise before her contract is over in December but we haven't planned anything yet.

I think you're right about the movie. "Brave" comes out the day we board the ship so I'm sure they'll be showing that.

I am also very excited to not only see the shows but to see my 3 year olds face light up with amazement as she watches the shows! We were on the wonder in February and she has asked every single day when we were going to go back to the big giant boat! We will probably be skipping Villans though.

Anna Marie is a wonderful role, she must be a gifted performer. It will make it so much more fun to "know" someone in the show. That one is my favorite.
Can't believe how close it is now. Hopefully we'll have the opportunity to meet on the ship.
I can not remember if we had a meet set up. Can someone remind me? My husband even asked. On various cruises we have made some great friends and last year on the Dream, were lucky enough to have terrific table mates from these boards.

General Information
**Planning to have a meet on board the first day. More details to come.**
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/239382889472216/

Updated List of Cruisers
2duran - DH, DS15, DS10, FISH EXTENDER
abbygirl216 - dh, dd(15), dd(12), FISH EXTENDER
Alfiebookshop - Peter and Patricia
Algo - Alain, DW, DD10 and DS6, FISH EXTENDER
Audreyrub - dh, ds7, dd4
BethA - dh, ds16, dparents, FISH EXTENDER
buzzrelly - DF, DS10, DD8 and fiancées DS6, dmom & dniece
CaptainJack
chllywlly911 - dh, dd18months
Cptmom - +4 families
DCFamily - dd8
Ello Poppet (Jill) - dd18, dd17, dd11, dd8, ds7
erz999 - Family of 4 - ds9, dd7
Evasmommy - dd9
eyes (Diana) - DH, ds16,and dd8, FISH EXTENDER
FLWIDisneyFan - dw, dd9, dd4, baby (9 months)
Funfoody - DH, DD15, DD18
Goin'Again???Yes!!! - DH, DS12, DD10
If The Shoe Fits - dh, dd5, dd1, FISH EXTENDER
jczosack - dh
JDsInRVC - dh, DD 7, DS 5 and DD 21 months
Jerseymomof2 - dh, ds4, ds6
JillL (Jill) - dmom and ds6
jrg - DW, DS 21 and DD 16
JRut - dh, DD 6, DD 8 and DS 9, dmom, 2 rooms
kellym506 - ddad70+, sister, brother-in-law, and nephew7, FISH EXTENDER, 2 rooms
ksloane (Kimberly) - dd11, FISH EXTENDER
LisnJon - dh, dd4, dd4
lulubella1609 - Katie,Alex and Emma(3)
Maxiesmom123 (Jill) - dmom, ds6
minnie1012 - dh, dd8 1/2, dd3 1/2, parents
Mom2PrincessesLinSy - dh, dd10, dd7, FISH EXTENDER
Momfromva (Michelle) - dh, ds7, ds9
mookcess - 16 people in 6 rooms, FISH EXTENDER
moosecrouse
mrdisnie - DW, DD (10)
nerakmai (Karen) - family, parents, brother's family (6 adults and 5 kids)
Perdita213 = brother, sister-in-law, nephew10, sister-in-law's sister, ds17 & dd15
sanp71 - ds12, dd16
Suttmonsters - dd4
tracylmartins - dh, ds5, dd7, parents & mil

FE LIST - 17 Rooms So far!!! Deadline to sign up - May 22
Names with a * have filled out the google docs form
*2duran - DH, DS15, DS10
*abbygirl216 - dh, dd(15), dd(12),
*Algo - Alain, DW, DD10 and DS6
*BethA - dh, ds16, dparents, 2 rooms
*chllywlly911 - dh, dd18months
*eyes (Diana) - DH, ds16,and dd8,
*If The Shoe Fits - dh, dd5, dd1, 2 rooms
*JillL (Jill) - dmom and ds6
*JRut - dh, DD 6, DD 8 and DS 9
*kellym506 - ddad70+,
*kellym506's sister - Sue, brother-in-law Bob and nephew, Eddie, 7
*ksloane - Kimberly32, dd11
*Mom2PrincessesLinSy - dh, dd10, dd7
*mookcess - 16 people in 6 rooms
*nerakmai - Karen, dh, dd11, dd8

All FE Participants should announce it here to have the above list updated and post your information at this link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFVRSU1yY3Nma3dLSHAyWmtYc1M3a1E6MQ#gid=0

Itinerary
Day 1 NYC casual attire
Day 2 At Sea formal
Day 3 At Sea casual
Day 4 Nassau Pirate Night
Day 5 Castaway Cay casual
Day 6 Port Canaveral casual
Day 7 At Sea semi-formal
Day 8 At Sea casual

June 22 Tide (Thanks Funfoody)
Hudson, Hudson River, New York
42.2500° N, 73.8000° W

2012-06-22 5:08 AM EDT 4.58 feet High Tide
2012-06-22 5:19 AM EDT Sunrise
2012-06-22 12:20 PM EDT 0.08 feet Low Tide
2012-06-22 6:10 PM EDT 3.87 feet High Tide
2012-06-22 8:35 PM EDT Sunset
2012-06-23 12:15 AM EDT 0.50 feet Low Tide
2012-06-23 5:19 AM EDT Sunrise

If I'm reading it right, high tide is 6:10 pm.

Shows (Thanks jczosack)
Night 1 - Welcome Aboard Show
Night 2 - Twice Charmed
Night ? - Villains Tonight
Night ? - Disney Dreams
Night ? - The Dream Goes On - a new show that they are only doing on the 8 night cruises
Last Night - Farewell show

Ok....We'll set the deadline for FE Participation Signups as May 22 then if everyone's ok with that!

Deadline is now passed. I will delete the signup form today!

Subscribing finally!
Just over a month folks :cool1:

Under a month now! WOOHOO!

Hi this will be our 5th cruise with DCL. Sailing with me is my DW, DS 21 and DD 16. We are from Hamilton Twp in Mercer County NJ.

Welcome to the group! I added you to our main list post (above).

FE deadline is approching fast and we began shopping for the fish extender gifts. Since it is our first time participating in FE, can anyone give me a ball park figure of the amount per stateroom I should put for the gifts ?

Thanks a lot

This is entirely up to you...every gift no matter how small or large is greatly appreciated and loved.

:wave2:Hi everyone....we'll be joining you all on the cruise....just booked last week. It'll just be me and my husband this time to see our daughter perform. She is Anne Marie in the Disney Dreams show and Drizella in the Twice Charmed show, she's in the other two shows also but just in the ensemble; this is her second tour with Disney Cruise Line in these roles.

She just got us booked last week and we are sooooo excited. Last year we cruised to the Western Caribbean on a seven night cruise out of Port Canaveral - it was our first cruise and we loved it! We sailed with eight other family members (all kids at heart) but this time it will just be me and my husband and we're looking forward to a relaxing tour. If anybody has any questions, I have the inside scoop since my daughter lives on the ship. Counting the days to see our daughter and cruise again (haven't seen her since Christmas).

If you've never cruised with Disney before, you're in for a magical adventure!!

Welcome to the group. I've also added you to our "main" list (above post). How exciting that your daughter is in the shows. My youngest daughter (she's 11) dreams of working for Disney when she grows up.

We are sooooo proud of our daughter!!!!!! To see her on the Disney stage the first time was just "magical."

If you're asking about a movie, I'm not sure but I will ask my daughter.

For the stage shows, the first night will be the Welcome Aboard Show, formal night is always Twice Charmed (my daughter is Drizella, the short stepsister) so I'm assuming it will be the same for this cruise. Then there's Villains Tonight. They are also doing a new show that they are only doing on the 8 night cruises (I don't know the name of it). Disney Dreams (my daughter is Anne Marie in this one), and then the Farewell show the last night (she'll be Anne Marie again). One of the nights should be Pirate night but I'm not sure which night.

The Magic is leaving Port Canaveral on Tuesday to travel to NYC, they have their first Nassau/Castaway Cay/Disney World cruise on May 25th. After that first tour, I'll better know which night each show is from her. She lives in NYC and is so incredibly excited to sail past the Statue of Liberty upon their way to the port.

Booked our flights today so now it seems official. They also assigned our room today. When our daughter first booked the cruise, it just said we were going to have a Category 5B verandah room so I was excited but now they've downgraded us to a Category 7A room with the Navigator's Verandah and it's a connecting room (I always thought those went fast but guess not for this trip). I called Disney Cruise today to find out why and they said they can change our room because we're traveling on "space available." Oh well, can't complain, we got an incredibly great price because our daughter works on the ship.

Counting down the days til we cruise, just sad we left all of our pirate gear with our daughter from our last cruise to share with others, now we have to go buy more stuff!!!pirate:

Thanks for all the info about the shows. I also added this to our main post of information above. If you find out which nights the other shows are on after this first sailing let us know and I'll update the post accordingly!

Hey, I just noticed we are leaving for NY in 1 month! OMG I better start packing and finish up my FEs!!!! ARGH!

YIKES! I know the feeling. We have been so busy this spring, I feel REALLY behind.

They will be doing Villains Tonight and a new show called The Dream Goes On. They'll have the Welcome Aboard and Farewell shows also. As the time gets closer, she'll be able to tell me what movie they'll be playing in the theater.

We live about 15 miles southeast of Pittsburgh in a small town called White Oak. Are you from PA Beth? I saw a MaryBeth on the Facebook page from Clairton, is that you? I haven't been accepted yet on the Facebook page, not sure why.

I've been out of town and only had my ipad and couldn't figure out how to accept people on the group on it. I'll add you tonight when I get home.

Do we want to plan a meet? When? Where?

My vote is 1st day....mid afternoon...like 2/2:30....

I've never been a part of a meet before though so what does everyone else think?

FE LIST - 17 Rooms So far!!! Deadline to sign up - May 22
Names with a * have filled out the google docs form
*2duran - DH, DS15, DS10
*abbygirl216 - dh, dd(15), dd(12),
*Algo - Alain, DW, DD10 and DS6
*BethA - dh, ds16, dparents, 2 rooms
*chllywlly911 - dh, dd18months
*eyes (Diana) - DH, ds16,and dd8,
*If The Shoe Fits - dh, dd5, dd1, 2 rooms
*JillL (Jill) - dmom and ds6
*JRut - dh, DD 6, DD 8 and DS 9
*kellym506 - ddad70+,
*kellym506's sister - Sue, brother-in-law Bob and nephew, Eddie, 7
*ksloane - Kimberly32, dd11
*Mom2PrincessesLinSy - dh, dd10, dd7
*mookcess - 16 people in 6 rooms
*nerakmai - Karen, dh, dd11, dd8

Kimberly,

I am confused, in this list, you say Kimberly32, dd11, but on your signature, you mention your daughter twenty first birthday...

Kimberly,

I am confused, in this list, you say Kimberly32, dd11, but on your signature, you mention your daughter twenty first birthday...

I have 2 daughters...oldest (adopted) turns 21 in October...youngest is 11.

Do we want to plan a meet? When? Where?

My vote is 1st day....mid afternoon...like 2/2:30....

I've never been a part of a meet before though so what does everyone else think?

I actually posted something on the Facebook page too about meeting and putting faces with names. I don't know anything about the ship or the schedule and we are flexible, but do you think the first day would be too chaotic? I was even thinking the first sea day perhaps maybe to meet in a MDR for breakfast or in a lounge or something after breakfast. Like I said, totally your call ... we are flexible, just trying to think strategically.

Also if anyone wants to sit together for dinners, I would totally be open to dining with other DISers ... We are 2 adults and a (very well behaved) baby with main dining :)

I think the first sea day may be a good idea. I am sure my DS9 would love to meet other kids her age. My hubby is more of the loner type so he would probably skip any scheduled meeting though. If someone knows the ship enough to come up with something I will try my best to make it :goodvibes

I actually posted something on the Facebook page too about meeting and putting faces with names. I don't know anything about the ship or the schedule and we are flexible, but do you think the first day would be too chaotic? I was even thinking the first sea day perhaps maybe to meet in a MDR for breakfast or in a lounge or something after breakfast. Like I said, totally your call ... we are flexible, just trying to think strategically.

Also if anyone wants to sit together for dinners, I would totally be open to dining with other DISers ... We are 2 adults and a (very well behaved) baby with main dining :)

I think the first sea day may be a good idea. I am sure my DS9 would love to meet other kids her age. My hubby is more of the loner type so he would probably skip any scheduled meeting though. If someone knows the ship enough to come up with something I will try my best to make it :goodvibes

I don't mind scheduling it for a sea day, but at that point, I can't guarantee we'll be there since we don't have navigators and don't know what will be going on. They plan lots of activities on sea days, and if there's an activity my daughter wants to participate in, we'd have to skip the meet. That's the only reason I voted for first day as there isn't much else going on. I'm up for whatever the group decides though, and we'll try to be there.

I agree that you can't know what is going on on the sea days. Places we have been to meets in the past include: atrium- not a lot of room, Promenade Lounge- will be empty the first day, and deck 9 above the pools, people picked which pool so if kids were old enough to swim they could still see them. Some meets have been extremely organized and well attended, others laid back and not too many people. I forgot that some people did meet up in the terminal but not sure wat the NY terminal is like.
On the dream maiden voayge someone made great lanyards for the group with your name ad seeing someone with the lanyard made it easy to recognize someone from the group- my teen son even wore his the whole cruise. I personally prefer first day, but hopefully can make it if the group wants first sea day. Also in the past the persn in charge of FE would post on their door if anone had an upgrade or room change so no one misses out who was in the group.
Please let me kow where I find the fe document- I actually have free time and hope to get started on those today if possible.
Hope someone from the first cruise posts navigators for us.

I agree that you can't know what is going on on the sea days. Places we have been to meets in the past include: atrium- not a lot of room, Promenade Lounge- will be empty the first day, and deck 9 above the pools, people picked which pool so if kids were old enough to swim they could still see them. Some meets have been extremely organized and well attended, others laid back and not too many people. I forgot that some people did meet up in the terminal but not sure wat the NY terminal is like.
On the dream maiden voayge someone made great lanyards for the group with your name ad seeing someone with the lanyard made it easy to recognize someone from the group- my teen son even wore his the whole cruise. I personally prefer first day, but hopefully can make it if the group wants first sea day. Also in the past the persn in charge of FE would post on their door if anone had an upgrade or room change so no one misses out who was in the group.
Please let me kow where I find the fe document- I actually have free time and hope to get started on those today if possible.
Hope someone from the first cruise posts navigators for us.

The promenade lounge is where we are meeting on the prior cruise. I love the idea of a group lanyard (but won't be creating it....lol)

I don't mind at all if anyone wants to post room changes on my door. I can bring a white erasable board or some magnetic clothes pins so that you can add the note.

I'll PM you the link to the fe info right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter