June 22 2012 New York here we come!

We are booked on this cruise- it is myself, my husband and son who will be 16 then. My parents are joining us. I am hoping my older son will also decide to go. We live in PA so enjoy the fact we don't have to drive. I am a little worried about the crowded pool areas with so many sea days. Will everyone be making the trip to WDW when we are in Port Canaveral.
Beth

Yes, it's kinda quiet here, but the cruise is 11 months away (yes, my counter and I are counting). More folks will be signing up and chatting soon, I'm sure.

Maybe this will spur some conversation. On our "Dream" cruise in June, we put a white board on the door with this info: "We're from Connecticut...where are you from?" More than 20 people left their hometown info on the board (including folks who live about 10 miles from us). What other questions would be fun to put on white board so that folks will take a minute to answer as they walk by?

Will be on this sailing with brother, sister-in-law, nephew (10), sil's sis, her son (17?) and daughter (15?) and maybe sil's mom and brother. And maybe my sis if I can talk her into it. I'm very excited.

So even though this cruise is over 10 months away now, its nearly booked up!!! I spoke with my TA to discuss upgrading to a veranah room (we have an outside cabin, deck 2), and she said only 5B rooms remain, costing $2300 more than we are paying. She said the cruise was rather full and expected the prices to only go up from here.

I already booked our room at Comfort Suites ($251) so we can do Atlantis, but I'm going to keep watching to see if that rate drops. I'm excited to see so many of you have kids that will be the same age as mine (7 & 4). This will be our firtst time on a Disney cruise and I'm just so freaking excited. I'm going this weekend to pillage the clearance racks for dresses, including something semi formal, as well as other summer things we will want for the trip (beach bag, water shoes, ets). It will be so much fun to already have what we need.

BTW, our kids know about the cruise, but have no idea when it is...they want to be surprised. We get to pack the car up and just wake them up in the morning and drive down to NYC from CT without them having a clue. :cool1:

Ahoy NY shipmates!

We just got off the Wonder in Alaska this Tuesday, and we are really sad!

But the good news is I just booked our cabin on this cruise through DVC!!:cool1: This will be our 7th Disney Cruise, and I am very excited it won't involve a plane ride, esp after the 6 hour plane trip to Seattle this past week!

Anyway, it will be DH and I, and my 2 daughters who will be 10 and 7 when we set sail!!

Don't worry about not having many Dis'ers yet, I think many are still doing upcoming cruises, they will jump "onboard" with us right after their current cruise docks!

While we don't have many yet, do you guys want to start a group list to include a Fish Extender group? Let me know!

So excited that our next cruise is less than a year away. We had Alaska planned for almost 2 years, and it seemed like forever before it got here, then it was over! Also very excited about getting to go to WDW for "free" (lol) on this trip!

Any questions from new cruisers? Let me know, we have sailed on the Magic 4 other times, and the Wonder twice, so we are pretty familiar with the ships (and have pictures!)

Welcome Aboard! :)

Definitely going to join the Fish Extender group this time. For our cruise on the Dream in June, I made FE's for me and my sister. I left little gifts for my nephew (he'll be 7 on the Magic cruise) and they left gifts for me. We're ready to go big time and exchange items with a ship-ful of pals! Now is the perfect time to look for little gifts or crafts while summer stuff is going on sale. Count me in, and I can help with organizing it.

We're going on the cruise- me, my husband, and our daughters, who will be 18 and 15 years old. We're from Poughkeepsie, NY.

I can't wait! We are so excited. We will for sure participate in the fish extenders and any meet if there is one.

We are going to Disney for the day we are in Port Canaveral. I've already given my TA the information to make our dinner reservations when 180 days opens as my daughter wants to eat at Chef Mickey's.

I see many of you are local. We want to do a couple (2-4) days in NY before the cruise so I may be posting lots of questions here as I don't know where to begin in planning those days but know I better jump on it and get to planning.

We just booked the cruise from NY. It is our second Disney cruise. Looking forward to great weather....the first time it was cold and rainy when we got to Castaway Cay.

Also really looking forward to getting involved in the Fish Extenders!!!!! It sounds like loads of fun for the kids.
16 people in 6 rooms total travelling with me!!!:worship:

I lived right outside of the city my whole life. My first suggestion is to get a hotel somewhere NOT in the city------VERY EXPENSIVE!!!!! You must go to Times Square, do all the cool stores there, the Empire State Building, the Reflection Pools of the 9-11 memorial----there is LOADS to do!!!!!

I lived right outside of the city my whole life. My first suggestion is to get a hotel somewhere NOT in the city------VERY EXPENSIVE!!!!! You must go to Times Square, do all the cool stores there, the Empire State Building, the Reflection Pools of the 9-11 memorial----there is LOADS to do!!!!!

I absolutely DO NOT want to drive. If I stayed out of the city how would you recommend getting around?

I absolutely DO NOT want to drive. If I stayed out of the city how would you recommend getting around?
Subway, taxi, bus.... :thumbsup2

New Jersey is just across the river and hotels are cheaper there. If you really need help, there is a Homeports Discussion board over on Cruise Critic and you can get a ton of hotel information over there.

I booked us for the Raddison Martinique on Broadway for 4 days prior to cruise. It was on sale for 30% off (230.30 a night). I figured I could always cancel later but didn't want to regret not booking as that's the cheapest I've seen for something in the city in a good place for all the tourist stuff.

Anyone have a slight idea of what it would cost if we did stay in New Jersey to come in to NY during the day for sightseeing? I would have to calculate that into the cost of deciding if it would be better to stay in NJ.

Booked today. It will be myself, my mother and my then 6 year old boy. Hoping to find some little friends for my son.
Jill

Hi Jill, I'm Jill too heheh I will be on board have 5 kids ages 18.17.11,8 and 7 at time of travel all girls but boy on the end my son will love to have a friend :)

I'm traveling with my youngest sister, her husband and their 7 year old son. My nephew is usually the only child at most family events, so it's great to have lots of other children to be with on the cruise. Now that he's a better printer and speller, I'm sure he'd like to be a pen pal with similar aged children going on the cruise. It will be nice for him to know someone in advance of going back on the Magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter