June 21, 2011 - The Wonder breaks the Alaskan icebergs!

Add one more family here. I booked my cruise rather late (March 2011 maybe). and did not have time to research or plan. I am glad I found this board today. I am from Houston, Texas. we will be flying to Seattle on th 20th and stay a night at Hyatt Vancouver. See you all at Wonder.

Welcome!

Didn't even think about the fact it is Summer Solstice. Even better. Traveling with my DD (n8tivecaligirl) & her family. We're excited about this trip. I've been reading the boards but didn't have my laptop to post. So this is my first post. Looking forward to meeting everyone. I'm in 6510, DD in 6136. We didn't get in in time for the FE though. They are coming from WI & I'm coming from San Diego

Judy

Oh! I am new here. I have just found this board a few minutes ago. Hope I am not too late to join your fun. This is my 1st cruise EVER. I am going with my DH, DD (10) and her friend (11). Please add us to your meet-up list.
Welcome. We're from Alvin, Tx.

Howdy to all the new cruisers! We're having a meet and greet the day we board on deck 10 near the stack from 3-3:30. Come say hello. Look for the lime green sign. Kerri has ribbon and key rings for us to put on our lanyards so we'll know who is a Disboard member.:cool1: Can't wait to put faces to names and have some fun! Joanne

OK. I will look for lime green sign. I will see if I can dig out a Houston or Texas t-shirt to wear that day. I am from West Houston too.

I read through some of this long thread. We are excited to be going on this cruise as well! My husband and I traveled to Anchorage 3 years ago and loved the trip. We cruised on the Wonder in 08 to the Bahamas.

We are going with my in-laws and my brother-in-law and his family. We have 2 children. I noticed some of you have 10 year old girls. My daughter is too! My son is 8.

I am getting really excited for this trip. I've started to get the door decorations together and have put aside some of our long sleeve clothes in suitcases instead of storing them in the attic for the summer.

Looking forward to meeting you.
Jean

I was laid off two years ago this month from a company I worked for for 16 plus years. I had great severance and unemployment, but that is running out soon. I interviewed last week and earlier this week for a company I would really like to join. That leads me to my request: I am asking all of you who are sailing with us to say a little prayer or send good vibes :pixiedust my way that I hear some good news soon. I have been waiting to hear back since Tuesday, :hourglassand my nerves are getting frayed.

Kveens, I feel for you and will br praying for you. I was in a similar position 5 years ago. I feel blessed that I found a job, or should I say found me, 2 and a half months later. I have been with that company since. I can't only imagine what a strain and stress being unemployed puts on you and your family, I lived it!!!!:scared1::mad:
Good luck to you. You will be placed in a job that is right for you. I hope that this trip is a distraction to all that isn't right in the world for you. Who knows, by the time we sail, the world may be right again!!! If you know what I mean!!!:banana::cool1:

Charlie

:wizard: PIXIE DUST...Pixie Dust... :wizard:

kveens - my fingers are crossed, prayers are being said and lots of pixie dust is coming your way!!! :)

I was laid off two years ago this month from a company I worked for for 16 plus years. I had great severance and unemployment, but that is running out soon. I interviewed last week and earlier this week for a company I would really like to join. That leads me to my request: I am asking all of you who are sailing with us to say a little prayer or send good vibes :pixiedust my way that I hear some good news soon. I have been waiting to hear back since Tuesday, :hourglassand my nerves are getting frayed.

:wizard: Sending prayers and pixie dust your way :wizard:

:wizard: Sending prayers and pixie dust your way :wizard:

Thanks to all of you for your support. :grouphug: I am still awaiting word. I am really hoping that no news is good news. I know the hiring manager liked me, the HR recruiter likes me, and the team I met with Tuesday liked me. I guess it will be worth waiting for if I get the offer. Just a bit nerve racking at the moment.:headache: Your prayers and pixie dust mean a lot to me.:thanks:

Thanks to all of you for your support. :grouphug: I am still awaiting word. I am really hoping that no news is good news. I know the hiring manager liked me, the HR recruiter likes me, and the team I met with Tuesday liked me. I guess it will be worth waiting for if I get the offer. Just a bit nerve racking at the moment.:headache: Your prayers and pixie dust mean a lot to me.:thanks:

I know what you mean about the waiting. I just interviewed yesterday for a school nurse position in my kids school district. So I waited for them to post the job, I waited for them to schedule the interview, and now waiting to hear if I got the job. I hope that I hear something by the time school gets out next week. :wizard: Pixie dust for everybody! :wizard: because who doesn't need a little pixie dust in their life from time to time.

pixiedust: to Kerri and Carol! I hope that you both get good news.

I took the girls shopping today and got their formal dresses and bathing suits for the cruise. My long underwear arrived in the mail last week. Now I need to get going on my packing list. I can't believe that we leave in less than 3 weeks to drive to Vancouver for our pre-cruise stay!

Did some FE gift purchasing today! Seems like the trip is right around the corner and I can't wait. Looking forward to meeting everybody from here on the board but really looking forward to meeting fellow Houstonians! DH, DS, and I live in Pearland!pirate:

Is there a family out there who would like to be our tablemates at dinner? We have main dining. We always enjoy sitting with another family and getting to know them during the cruise. My DH, Tom, and I love to chat (OK, we talk a lot :lmao:). Our DD's are 12 and 10 and LOVE Pokemon and other video games. They both like to spend time in the Kids Clubs, DD12 in Edge and DD10 in the Lab, and participate in the various activities.

Let me know if you're interested, and we can get our ressies linked.

Oh my, three weeks to go! I have been so busy with other things that now I am feeling PANICKED! So much to do, and now so little time left to get ready. We have so many other events coming up in the next couple of weeks that every minute seems allocated already.

What are you all packing, clothing-wise? My girls are used to hanging out in shorts, tanks and flip flops. I'm going to have to dig up their winter clothes, I think. Are you planning a mix of clothing? I am trying to plan for a wide range of temperatures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter