June 21, 2011 - The Wonder breaks the Alaskan icebergs!

:cool1: Doing the doc dance, too! Both of our staterooms' docs arrived today! :cool1:

Same here. We got our docs last Friday. DW put them up after I checked them out. I think she was afraid they would get lost!!!!

I told DW that I thought docs didn't come until we were within 30 days. Mind you, I am not complaining!!!:worship:

This is going to be the longest 5 weeks....ever!!!

One thing that I noticed on the docs is the Palo brunch ressie only had DW on it!!! I went into panic mode for a second. I went online to check what our ressie shows and it's fine. The ressie on the docs does show table for 2. Not very nice leaving my name off of it!!!

Charlie

Same here. We got our docs last Friday. DW put them up after I checked them out. I think she was afraid they would get lost!!!!

I told DW that I thought docs didn't come until we were within 30 days. Mind you, I am not complaining!!!:worship:

This is going to be the longest 5 weeks....ever!!!

One thing that I noticed on the docs is the Palo brunch ressie only had DW on it!!! I went into panic mode for a second. I went online to check what our ressie shows and it's fine. The ressie on the docs does show table for 2. Not very nice leaving my name off of it!!!

Charlie

Same thing on our documents for Palo dinner reservations. Just listed one of us. Oh well, at least someone will be enjoying dinner at Palo. :rotfl2:

Our docs have nothing about Palo, yet the concierge assured me everything is taken care of. Maybe I'll call again to be sure.

We got all of our cruise docs over the weekend also. :cool1: At first I just got the docs for one of our cabins since we have 2 booked and I realized that I needed to finish the online check in for the other cabin. Also my DS will be joining us on this cruise. :goodvibes

I just noticed after reading through all the posts again that many of us have 10 year old DDs. I would love it if we could get them together. MyDD10 is not thrilled about the kid clubs as she thinks she will be with too many younger kids. Joanne

I just noticed after reading through all the posts again that many of us have 10 year old DDs. I would love it if we could get them together. MyDD10 is not thrilled about the kid clubs as she thinks she will be with too many younger kids. Joanne

My DD10 loves to make new friends on the cruise. Is there a meet set up for embarkation day? We could get them together there.

My DD10 loves to make new friends on the cruise. Is there a meet set up for embarkation day? We could get them together there.

That would be great! She is great with younger kids so I'm not understanding this new attitude! She's such in a hurry to grow up! Boo hoo!

That would be great! She is great with younger kids so I'm not understanding this new attitude! She's such in a hurry to grow up! Boo hoo!

My DD also enjoys making new friends on the ship. She loves the kids club though. ilovepumba - what part of houston are you from?

My DD also enjoys making new friends on the ship. She loves the kids club though. ilovepumba - what part of houston are you from?

We live in west houston. Only 9 more days of school!:cool1: :cool1: I'm a teacher. Then I can really get going on my FE gifts.

Is there a cruise meet or something like that for DIS people on our cruise? I read some trip reports from others where they even went to the extent of getting a private reception and stuff.

Just curious, and excited for our first Disney cruise!

Jerry

I think a meet would be great. I have done them in the past and it is a great way for me to put faces with the screen names and posts!!!! Genereally in the past, we would meet up on deck 10 after the sailaway party. Just throwing out an idea for who wants to coordinate it. I don't want anyone to nominate me nor am I putting my name out there myself:lmao:

As a side note, this has been eating at me. Did the first two Alaskan cruise cruisers get bored. I haven't seen but one trip report. I ws expecting many DISers to post and post a lot. People get very detailed about the Eastern and Western cruises, the Bahamas and Europe. Several people from the 5/10 cruise promised trip reports, but I haven't seen one.:rolleyes1:mad:

Oh well...just had to get that off my chest. Now I feel better.;) Thanks for listening.:rotfl2:

Charlie

I thought maybe I was just blind or search-challenged. Glad to know I'm not the only one who can't find any trip reports.

I'd be glad to get a meet and greet together but not exactly sure how to do it. Any suggestions??? I read on another trip date that they had lime green ribbons to tie on their lanyards to show that we are Disboard members. I'd be glad to bring the ribbon. Joanne

Hi everyone!

We are new to the post and will be on the June 21 Alaska Cruise. Can't wait!

I think I read that today is the last day to sign up for the FE. If it's not too late, can we please sign up?

There are four of us going in two separate cabins:

Cabin 7627
Sandy Adult
Daniel (Child -- 11)

Cabin 1070
Cindy Adult
Dave Adult

Thanks so much!

Hi everyone!

We are new to the post and will be on the June 21 Alaska Cruise. Can't wait!

I think I read that today is the last day to sign up for the FE. If it's not too late, can we please sign up?

There are four of us going in two separate cabins:

Cabin 7627
Sandy Adult
Daniel (Child -- 11)

Cabin 1070
Cindy Adult
Dave Adult

Thanks so much!

Boy, you just squeaked in!:eek: I will update the final list to include your two cabins. Welcome!!:woohoo:

FE LIST PARTICIPANTS FOR SUMMER SOLSTICE SAILAWAY -- FINAL, NO MORE ADDITIONS

1. JUSTHAT Cabin 8516
Justine adult female
Joey adult male
Maya 9 female
Madison 7 female
Henry 4 male
Scarlett baby female

2. FABUMOUSE Cabin 8546
Mychelle adult female
Aaron adult male
Victoria 13 female
Kailey 10 female
Madeleine 5 female

3. JENNYPENNY 5510, 5512
Karl adult male
Jenny adult female
Holly 15 female
Will 12 male
Jeremy 8 male

4. DCL INAUGURAL XMAS 8530
Denise adult female
Dennis adult male
Scott 20 male
Shelby 19 female
Daniel 13 male
Darrin 13 male

5. GINAMARIE Cabin 5520
Ginamarie adult female
Josh adult male
Olivia 5 female
Salvatore 2.5 male
Owen baby male

6. GINAMARIE 2 Cabin 7001
George adult male
Dawn Marie adult female
Salvatore baby male

7. GINAMARIE 3 Cabin 7509
Rosemarie adult female
Gillian adult female
Guilliette 13 female
Grant 7 male

8. RATT1345 CABIN 2112
Charlie adult male
April adult female

9. JODEJA DECK 2 Two Cabins #s will be given out on FE map later
Janell adult female
Son 12 male
Son 10 male
Grandma adult female
Grandpa adult male

10. ILOVEPUMBA CABIN 2568
Joanne adult female
Frank adult male
Blakely 10 female

11. KVEENS CABINS 7501, 7503
Kerri adult female
Steve adult male
Emily 12 female
David 12 male

12. MEERKAT504 Cabin 2614
Ron adult male
Ann adult female
Cooper nearly 3 year old male

13. MSTINSON14 Cabin 2066
Sharon adult female
Sandy adult female
Megan 14 female

14. KATHRYNDAVIS@YAHOO Cabin 5150
Kathy adult female
John adult male
Joshua - age 14 male

15. RosenFam Room 1 (#6576)
John adult male
Terry adult female

16. RosenFam Room 2 (#6645)
Joan adult female
Rob adult male

17. RosenFam Room 3 (#6571)
Corey adult male
Jenny adult female
Henry - 5 - male
Magnolia (goes by Noli) - 3 - female

18. CShaw Cabin 7627
Sandy Adult
Daniel 11 male

19. CShaw Cabin 1070
Cindy Adult
Dave Adult

party:

All of our cruise documents came this week. We are THRILLED about this cruise and can't wait to be sailing. DH has gotten himself into a tizzy because if the NHL finals go to a seventh game, it will be on June 17 in Vancouver. Should this happen, he's made himself determined to get to that game if by hook or by crook.

I have SO MUCH to do to get ready for this cruise. I haven't started looking at my FE gifts or packing or anything and I'm going to be crazy busy between now and when we leave. I just finished a giant work project this morning and have to do some more writing today, but once all of that is done, I'm hoping to do some vacation organization today.

On my prior cruises, a couple of the cabins banded together to purchase special lanyards for all of the people on the FE. I'm not sure how pricy it is. If it's not TOO high, then maybe I'll talk to my three cabins about chipping in to do that. The lanyard give-out was held at the beginning of the cruise in one of the lounges, that way everyone could meet briefly. Going to try to look into that today and see if it could work.

Thanks, Kveens! We really appreciate this. This sounds like so much fun.:banana:

OK, I did a preliminary count and it's looking like 40 adults, 29 children.

Please feel free to correct me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter