June 2023 W.I.S.H. Thread - New Season, New Start

You and I share similar circumstances. I’m on 1470 calories in order to lose a pound a week. I certainly can’t eat any less in order to lose more. My doctor offered me Ozembic, which made me very angry. First of all, I am not diabetic and my A1C is normal. Second of all, there’s not enough medication for those who actually need it. And thirdly, I have GERD so losing weight through vomiting and diarrhea would be dangerous for me.

I get very frustrated when I watch what others eat, and it blows my mind that they are thin. This is reality, and I must accept that this is my lifestyle now. In the long run, I know that I will be proud of myself.

Yes, it sounds like we do have similar circumstances - I can't go any lower to do it faster because I know I wouldn't keep it up if I did.

Hello June!

I'm Lizanne, a single lady living in a lovely little town on the Olympic Peninsula of Washing State. I've been over weight most of my adult life and am just now getting it all together and getting weight management under control. Just did the math and since early last year, when I was at my highest, I've lost 58 pounds... wow, in my mind I had that it was around -30. My target is to lose another 30 by the end of 2023, which will put me at a very good weight for my age.

Goals for June:
- lose 3 more pounds before I leave for the Alaska cruise on 6.19... that's now just 3 weeks away (woohoo!), so I have to stay focused.
- maintain my weight while on the cruise, and have an incredibly fabulous time... or if I gain anything be back at my pre-cruise weight by the end of the month.
- walk at least 8000 steps per day, which will mean a lot of walking around the ship (again - woohoo!).

58 pounds is amazing!! I know it takes a lot of making the right choices!!

HI! I am Lena and I am 35! I am a Special Education ParaEducator and I work in the K/1 area, but due to being short staffed, I tend to run all around the school!

My DH is Sam and we have been together for 20 years and married 15

We are in the middle of Kansas!

He is currently having some medical issues and we are driving back and forth to the VA Hospital in Wichita.

I am on Weight Watchers and have been doing pretty well! I have lost about 90 pounds and my goal is 150 lost! When I loose 100, i have a friend who is a photograher who wants to do a photo shoot with me and I have a friend who will do my makeup and my hair! I'm really excited!

**Not sure if its allowed or not, but if anyone is intersted in WW, I have a invite a friend code I would be happy to share!**

May was a ****Show with all of the medical stuff going on but Juen is a new month!

My goal for the week is to survivie?? I start my "walking to disney" challenge on the first so I will hopefully be gettin gin some extra steps!

Wow! You've done awesome!! Congratulations on your weight loss! Your reward for 100 pounds sounds perfect!!

My motivation this week is to be consistent and stop the snacking. In May, I got into the bad habit of taking snacks to work with me for some reason. I always take a 100 calorie snack for the morning because I get to work around 7 and don't typically eat lunch until around 12 -12:30. The snack tends to hold me over without being too uncomfortable. For some reason this past month, I was taking like 3 snacks a day in. If they're there, I will eat them, so I need to stop taking them!

I know what I need to do, so I just need to do it!

I'm Linda, an empty nester from the Pacific Northwest. What's motivating me this week is that a month from now I will be on an airplane to start my vacation! Last week I was successful in my steps goals so I hope to continue that this week. Not quite as successful with my eating, but still lost weight. I'll just keep plodding along!

Exercise also helps me get going, particularly getting outside for a walk. If I really really need caffeine I drink Chai, not coffee, and going in to the only coffee shop in town that is open early is in itself a pick-me-up, because it is usually full of people, lively conversation and energy.

Took care of a bonus annoyance yesterday, not on the original list. No one in town does fancy spa pedicures, just the cheap fast in/out nail salon ones, so yesterday I did my own and it doesn't look awful. Now I can wear open toed sandals again.

If they're there, I will eat them, so I need to stop taking them!

I feel this! I've started cutting up broccoli and red peppers to have in the fridge at work for the week, plus some low cal (35 cal for two TBSP) tatziki from BJs. If I'm truly hungry, then it's minimal calorie add and veggies that are actually good for me. If I'm just looking for a distraction from work, I'll eat a couple but won't pound them the way I would with any other snack.

what's a good pick me up/keep me going trick for the day

Music! A high energy playlist really helps me out. Also, a very short (15 minute) power nap. Just a rest, not long enough to hit REMs, can be the boost I need to get to end of day. Back when I was pregnant and the hormones were just absolutely exhausting me around 1pm, I'd rest under my desk for 20 minutes and then I could make it through the remainder of my workday. (1st trimester triplet hormones are bonkers!!!)

June-Wow-I am excited to be starting summer!!!

I am Danielle living with my wonderful husband and one delightful teen daughter. Have 2 lovely sons who are young adults and live on their own-only 3 mins and 10 mins away which is lovely.

I work in a branch of HR, mostly from home and my family and I do everything dog rescue related in our free time.

Always struggled with my weight even as a kid but started WW in March 2020, began exercising and have maintained a healthy lifestyle/weight by being consistent.

A little bit of a fitness celebration for me-I hit 1,790 exercise minutes for the month of May yesterday so I got my May fitness award from my Apple Watch 🎉 I tried so hard for that and I am so proud I got it!

Motivation for June is our beach vacation in July so I would like to be very healthy for the month of June so I can enjoy treats in July during vacation ☺️

Woohoo... I got my driver's license back and I actually dislike the picture less than the one on my old license, which was taken seven years ago. It even looks better than my passport picture, which was taken about 10 pounds ago and pre-Botox and Restelin.

Woohoo... I did move the bedroom furniture in to the living room yesterday. Now one bedroom is a dedicated office that looks pretty cute and feels very professional. It is nice to have enough room to be able to easily walk around the bed and I did get a good sleep score for last night, even tho I felt like I was awake for most of the night.

The only WooHoo I can think of today, is that I'm glad it's the last day of May (as far as weight loss goes). I've just been up and down all month, basically ending where I began!

The problem is, that I had too many things going on this month and didn't focus on myself or healthy eating. June is our summer vacation month, so I'm super motivated to do well until we leave and then hopefully hold my own when we're gone. I never eat as good on vacation, but I am also a lot more active than normal, so I'm going to try to find a good balance between the two!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter