• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 2014 Rental Car Deal Watch Thread

Earlier today did a Priceline bid for a minivan for 9 days starting Friday and got $222 with Hetz, better than National KLM code

Needed the extra room with DD's luggage and service dog!

Go for it!

Earlier today did a Priceline bid for a minivan for 9 days starting Friday and got $222 with Hetz, better than National KLM code Needed the extra room with DD's luggage and service dog! Go for it!

What price did you bid per day?

I just did Priceline name your own price and got a Hertz economy car for $14/day for June 22-28. It was the first time I tried it and it was easy. I tried $13/day, it got denied and they suggested I do $16/day...I started over and tried $14/day and they accepted it. All together it was $140/week...higher than some on here but I was good with it. The same car on Hertz' website was $263.

I finally just booked a car for our trip at the end of the month. I booked through carrentalsavers.com. They had a discount that was advertised as 50% off Florida bookings. I got a full size car from MCO for 6/19-6/29 (including 3 extra hours) for $259.49. :yay:

I'm happy I finally found something under $300. I've never used Enterprise before. I know they are related to National, but Enterprise doesn't have something equivalent to an Emerald Aisle do they? Anything else I should know about Enterprise?

I'll keep checking rates every day, but for now I'm okay with this rate. I'm happy for any suggestions anyone has for a lower rate.

I finally just booked a car for our trip at the end of the month. I booked through carrentalsavers.com. They had a discount that was advertised as 50% off Florida bookings. I got a full size car from MCO for 6/19-6/29 (including 3 extra hours) for $259.49. :yay:

I'm happy I finally found something under $300. I've never used Enterprise before. I know they are related to National, but Enterprise doesn't have something equivalent to an Emerald Aisle do they? Anything else I should know about Enterprise?

I'll keep checking rates every day, but for now I'm okay with this rate. I'm happy for any suggestions anyone has for a lower rate.

I love Enterprise and use them a lot for business. I have also used carrentalsavers many times.

I just booked through carrentalsavers.com as well and booked through Enterprise. Its a Full size car from Sun 8th- Fri-13th and its only $109. I used the 50% off Florida discount as well and Im picking up and dropping off at 2 different airports. Can this really be right? I have been looking for discounts everwhere and never found this until someone posted. This is way better than my $180 through Thrifty. I guess Im a little nervous that this is too good to be true.......

I just booked through carrentalsavers.com as well and booked through Enterprise. Its a Full size car from Sun 8th- Fri-13th and its only $109. I used the 50% off Florida discount as well and Im picking up and dropping off at 2 different airports. Can this really be right? I have been looking for discounts everwhere and never found this until someone posted. This is way better than my $180 through Thrifty. I guess Im a little nervous that this is too good to be true.......

Did the same thing I got a mid size Suv from enterprise for $168 for days (june 12-22)
Also for those looking for mini vans I was quoted $256 for the same period.

Yay! Thanks so much for sharing about the 50% off Florida discount! I had a midsize or better (Emerald Aisle) thru National with the KLM code for $255.59 for June 15-23, and that price hasn't budged even a little for several weeks. Now I have an Intermediate SUV for $138.67. So excited!!!:yay:

I had booked a full size car yesterday with the 50% off Enterprise deal for $259.49 (10 days, 3 hours). I rebooked the same car today for $229.92 (all taxes/fees included).:cool1:

Does anyone know what the benefit of joining Enterprise Plus is? They don't have something similar to an Emerald Aisle do they?

The 50% Enterprise deal is the best I can get too...$197 Full Size for June 12-21. Pick up Tampa drop off MCO. It would be loads cheaper if we were picking up in MCO. Vans and SUVs sold out in Tampa. I hope the full size fits us. Still beats the best I could do by $50 on National, Alamo and Budget...who haven't budged for well over a month.

Using the Enterprise 50% off Florida sale I now have reserved a mini van for $329 for 2 weeks. The lowest I had before Enterprise was Hertz $418 and Alamo for $441. Didn't think I would be able to get a mini van for under $400!!!:cool1:

Is there a code for the Enterprise FL sale? It did not come up when I went through carrentalsavers.com or directly through Enterprise.

My trip is coming up on 6/16, so I decided to try and get my car rental rate down. Thanks for whoever posted the carrentalsavers.com and the 50% off Florida sale! I am saving $50 off of my original *good* rate w/ National. Funny thing though, I was looking up my friend's travel dates (several of us are going for a big volleyball tournament) and she needs an 11 day rental, her rate will be lower than mine by a lot through the same deal. So if you have a longer rental period, it's cheaper. Whatever, I am saving, so I'll be happy w/ it! :cool1:

I'm glad other people have been able to benefit from the 50% off Enterprise. I'm never the first person to find a deal. I'm proud of myself:)

Keep checking the carrentalsavers website because I originally started off with $259, then went down to $229, and I just checked again a few minutes ago and was able to rebook for $211:cool1:

How do I cancel my first two reservations? Or do I just leave them be?
Thanks!

Thanks! I was able to save $100 off my Alamo rate with the Enterprise code! This is with a drop off of 7/1 so it's worth trying if you go past the 30th with your drop off
We have never rented through Enterprise before. Their website says they have a check in kiosk available. Does anyone have any experience with this? I would love to be able to avoid the counter.

My trip is coming up on 6/16, so I decided to try and get my car rental rate down. Thanks for whoever posted the carrentalsavers.com and the 50% off Florida sale! I am saving $50 off of my original *good* rate w/ National. Funny thing though, I was looking up my friend's travel dates (several of us are going for a big volleyball tournament) and she needs an 11 day rental, her rate will be lower than mine by a lot through the same deal. So if you have a longer rental period, it's cheaper. Whatever, I am saving, so I'll be happy w/ it! :cool1:

I have a short rental and the Enterprise sale would only save me $25 from my National rental.

At Enterprise do you get to pick your own car?

I bit the bullet a week ago and got my rental for 190 from 6/17 - 6/27 plus 9 hours for 190 midsize. I was still annoyed at having to pay the higher rate but did it thru priceline with an 8.00 a day bid. Just b/c I can't stop myself, I did check rates on and off since then and have not beat it at all. CLOSESTI found was dollar for 230 with city special...

I wasn't crazy about using priceline and geeting locked in...also if you have cash back savings sites go thru that as well. I saved another 4%...

I checked rates again at Enterprise with the 50% off and now I'm under $200 for a 10+ night rental for a full size car. :cool1: I'm very happy with that rate. This is the fourth time I've rebooked with that special. Every day the rates go down a little more, so if you've booked in the past couple of days you may want to check again.

I've got a mid-size with Alamo down to $126.31 for 8 days, 6/15 - 6/22. I checked the Enterprise 50% off deal, and it would only save me about $12. For that small of a difference, I'll keep Alamo & the ability to pick my specific car from what is available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter