• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 2014 Rental Car Deal Watch Thread

Thanks everyone. I got an SUV with Budget for under $200 for June 28-5 out of Tampa. Love when prices fall....

Is this a good rate? $506.25 estimated through Budget for a standard size car (Chrysler 200) for 18 days no options, no insurance.
Thanks a bunch for any information.

I just used Priceline-Name Your Own Price and was accepted. June 4-14 MCO Full-size car, $14/day. Total price is $236 including tax. It was cheaper than the Emerald Aisle National rental with the KLM discount I had previously booked...that was around $270 for the trip. :cool1: Avis is the company that accepted my price.

I just used Priceline-Name Your Own Price and was accepted. June 4-14 MCO Full-size car, $14/day. Total price is $236 including tax. It was cheaper than the Emerald Aisle National rental with the KLM discount I had previously booked...that was around $270 for the trip. :cool1: Avis is the company that accepted my price.

My klm rate is $250 for a full size for June 21 thru July 1st and includes insurance and the extra driver. Plus it's from the car care center, which we wanted, so we can utilize magical express.

Yesterday afternoon I was able to book a mid-size through budget for a total of $173.67 for a 7 day, 8 hour rental, 6/15 - 6/22. Used the Southwest BCD code (U072700) and a $35 coupon from USAA (MUGZ165). Joined USAA for free online. I usually book Alamo or National, but this saves me close to $40 over what I had previously booked with either of them for these dates.

Thanks Shannon - using those codes I dropped the price to $180.

Anyone know if you can add an additional driver with Budget at the Fastbreak kiosk or do I have to go to the counter?

Jumping into this thread late due to a last minute scheduled trip...

Been watching Alamo for a few days and finally got a nice drop today. My dates are June 5-9, but that's long enough for the weekly rate. Booked a compact with Costco discount for $104 base/$151 total. It was about $40-$50 higher even earlier today.

My previous best was with Dollar, about $20 higher than the Alamo rate above, using the AAA discount code.

I hit the two week mark tomorrow, so I should see some more action in the next week or so, as the best rates are *usually* 7-14 days out for the standard car classes.

Beyond depressing. Got 261 for Compact (never rode in a compact car in my life!) for June 17 thru June 27. Beling charged extra day bc late drop off. MCO. Hoping for a midsize around 200

Beyond depressing. Got 261 for Compact (never rode in a compact car in my life!) for June 17 thru June 27. Beling charged extra day bc late drop off. MCO. Hoping for a midsize around 200

Ran your dates in thru Dollar...don't have your exact times, but the City Special is $238 midsize all in. Where you might find some encouragement is that if you simulate your trip a week earlier (June 10-20), the same car is $205, which is right where you want to be. That simulation doesn't always work, but often does.

Ran your dates in thru Dollar...don't have your exact times, but the City Special is $238 midsize all in. Where you might find some encouragement is that if you simulate your trip a week earlier (June 10-20), the same car is $205, which is right where you want to be. That simulation doesn't always work, but often does.

Thanks Rich! I don't see that at all...I see 218 or so but then the taxes pop it over. I ran a mock priceline and got a compact for 191 for my dates but that is way too small. hoping these rates fall....

Costco rates down. I just rebooked a rental for PHX for 11 days. Rate went from $295 to $266 for full size car. I am thrilled with that rate. This is with Budget and Costco Code and Coupon booked via the Costco site.
Always remember to check all the car sizes and rates. I am getting full size (which is less than standard-and only $4 more than intermediate).

Dollar was $12 cheaper BUT that did not include a free additional driver which is important to us. I couldn't find any codes to waive the additional driver fee with Dollar.

Been watching Alamo for a few days and finally got a nice drop today. My dates are June 5-9, but that's long enough for the weekly rate. Booked a compact with Costco discount for $104 base/$151 total. It was about $40-$50 higher even earlier today....

And just to show how flaky and volatile rates can be once you start closing in, the same Alamo rate that I quoted last night ($104/$151) is now $160/$197, I think a little higher than 24 hours ago. It all goes to show, once you get inside that two week window, you really have to check several times a day...

I am a seasoned car rental pro!! But this really I feel like I missed the January timeframe to get the good deal.

can get a 191 rental via priceline at AVIS for June 17 - June 27 (late drop off).....Problem is it is ECONOMY size....I think tomorrow when I bid I can get midsize for 204....Think this is decent enough??

I am a seasoned car rental pro!! But this really I feel like I missed the January timeframe to get the good deal.

can get a 191 rental via priceline at AVIS for June 17 - June 27 (late drop off).....Problem is it is ECONOMY size....I think tomorrow when I bid I can get midsize for 204....Think this is decent enough??

If that $204 is all in, I guess it isn't too bad. That's about $20 a day, which isn't bad at all. But, I generally don't like prepay and you're still almost a month out. You should see better rates when you're somewhere between 1 and 3 weeks out, but there's no guarantee.

If that $204 is all in, I guess it isn't too bad. That's about $20 a day, which isn't bad at all. But, I generally don't like prepay and you're still almost a month out. You should see better rates when you're somewhere between 1 and 3 weeks out, but there's no guarantee.

Thanks...I have spent SOO much time this go round on price searching. At this point 190 seems ok to me! I am trying again today for a midsize and if I get it wonderful!

Well I did it. I got 190 from budget for June 17 thru June 27 with late drop off. so I was charged as an 11 day rental. 190 for MIDSIZE thru BUDGET at MCO. I am happy enough!

Well I did it. I got 190 from budget for June 17 thru June 27 with late drop off. so I was charged as an 11 day rental. 190 for MIDSIZE thru BUDGET at MCO. I am happy enough!

That sounds pretty good. Is that a normal Budget reservation or a Priceline/prepay?

That sounds pretty good. Is that a normal Budget reservation or a Priceline/prepay?

It is prepay. I know not something I usually do but BUDGET is on airport, unlike HERTZ which is a risk you take on priceline getting stuck with Hertz. My gut tells me I should have done 8.00 and it wouldn't have taken. I did 9 a day. I was in a hurry! I could have saved 16.00, I just know it!!!!!! I am way over obsessing car rental this year. But we have US/IOA as well and I have several ADRS that would be a pain to access from Yc etc...So I am done obsessing.. SOrt of....:guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter