June 2012 Car Rental Discounts/Codes

I just booked a minivan from 6/2 to 6/9 at the Alamo Tampa Airport location for $180 plus taxes for a total of $252.63 using my Alamo Insiders login and using the Entertainment coupon for Alamo for $20 off any Size Vehicle Coupon Code AD9738AAI. I had a minivan reserved with Budget for $250 plus tax so this is $70 less.

Try this coupon code instead. Should get you 35 off rather than your current 20. ad2359fdf

I've managed to get my reservation from 5/31-6/6 down to $68.01!!! :cool1:

I used Alamo: request ID*7015504 and Coupon Code AD2338FDF for a mid-size.

Specifics: Save up to 20%*and receive $30 off when you rent any size car in the United States, Latin America and Caribbean and pay with your Visa® card.*Requires a 5-day minimum rental with a Saturday overnight keep.
To redeem this offer, click the link below to book online or call Alamo at 1-800-462-5266*and request ID*7015504 and Coupon Code AD2338FDF.

I got a fantastic rate I posted about earlier thru costco and AA coupon code. It is all thru this thread. My rate was 62. As fate would have it, I was able to add another day onto my trip and dreaded the rental car pricing deal. I knew my rate would go up. Sure enough I priced it out using the same codes on alamo's site and rate was doubled. THEN I went into my ORIGINAL reservation and modified that way - picking the car up 16 hours earlier. My rate didn''t budge. STILL 62!!! SO if you need to monkey with your days at all go thru the original reservation...not sure if it is a system fluke but I am thrilled!

I got a fantastic rate I posted about earlier thru costco and AA coupon code. It is all thru this thread. My rate was 62. As fate would have it, I was able to add another day onto my trip and dreaded the rental car pricing deal. I knew my rate would go up. Sure enough I priced it out using the same codes on alamo's site and rate was doubled. THEN I went into my ORIGINAL reservation and modified that way - picking the car up 16 hours earlier. My rate didn''t budge. STILL 62!!! SO if you need to monkey with your days at all go thru the original reservation...not sure if it is a system fluke but I am thrilled!

That's a stroke of luck.

Wow, I just used the Alamo Amex Code (7014291) and $35 off coupon (AD2359FDF) on the Alamo Rental Car website and even saved more money! Now my minivan 1 week rental out of the Tampa Airport is down to $221.75 with taxes. I still have 2 weeks to even get it lower! Thanks everyone for posting on this link!

Wow, I don't know how you guys are getting such great rates with Alamo.

My dates are 6/17 - 06/26 and I am getting over 500 dollars. :confused3

I've tried all the different codes..

My dollar rate is 158.88 so I will stick with that.

I just wanted the free driver with Alamo.

Me too rates are in the high $400's for 6/26 - 7/1/12. Probably need to wait to closer to reservation time to get a good deal with Alamo.

I think that the issue is that 6/15 marks the beginning of high season and only the reservations that pick-up before that date are deeply discounted so far. That is what I am finding with my 6/16 pick-up date.

Alamo Minivan for 307.94 for 10 days out of Tampa starting 6/16 using Amex ID Code (7014291) and $35 off coupon (AD2359FDF).

My rental starts 6/15 and prices are sky high right now. Cheapest for 15 days is over $1000. I got my price 2 or 3 weekends ago. $221 for 15 days for a standard. Now we've decided we'd prefer a minivan, even if we had to pay a little more, but not for $1500+.

Found a minivan out of MCO from June 16-23 on Hotwire for $221.85. Haven't booked it yet since it's final, but I doubt I'll find a better deal.

Wow, I just used the Alamo Amex Code (7014291) and $35 off coupon (AD2359FDF) on the Alamo Rental Car website and even saved more money! Now my minivan 1 week rental out of the Tampa Airport is down to $221.75 with taxes. I still have 2 weeks to even get it lower! Thanks everyone for posting on this link!

Thank you very much. I just used this code for a rental out of Tampa. We are at $273 for a Minivan. Our dates are June 9th - 16th (7 days - 4 hours).

Found a minivan out of MCO from June 16-23 on Hotwire for $221.85. Haven't booked it yet since it's final, but I doubt I'll find a better deal.
I pulled the trigger on the deal. I'm pretty sure I won't find a cheaper price.

Only needed a car for one day, June 29, and the best I have found is Dollar using the Westjet code listed on MouseSavers, and the total for the day is $45.03--this is with picking up at MCO and dropping off at Port Canaveral.

I have never rented from Dollar before and am usually using Alamo and National, is there anything I need to know different or watch out for with Dollar?

I have never rented from Dollar before and am usually using Alamo and National, is there anything I need to know different or watch out for with Dollar?

I rented with Dollar this past April, through expedia.ca, had a great rate and experienced nothing out of the ordinary.

Have used Dollar a lot and love them. In the past I found the best fares from them, but have found others lower at times recently.

I have been searching for a rental car for 6/21 - 6/29. When I first started looking, prices were over $500, even for a subcompact. I have been persistent in checking the car rental savers site and trying different codes and coupons. First I got it down to $324 on Avis, using the SUV special code from the Avis site. Then I got it down to $270 for an intermediate using the Visa code from car rental savers. Then last Friday night, I got a $216 rate with Avis using USAA. I thought that was as good as I'd get -- trying to stick with Avis, Hertz or Alamo so that we can bypass the check-in and go straight to the car.
But I've kept checking ... and tonight I got $201 for a mid-size with Hertz using USAA. Added a AAA coupon and my final price is ... $179.51!! Yayayayay! I'm so happy and proud of myself for being diligent in checking prices. My dh was very grumbly about the initial prices, and keeps checking Hotwire to see if he can get a better deal. HA!
I definitely recommend persistent checking at the car rental savers site and experimenting with all of the codes and coupons that you qualify for. (We don't have a Costco membership, so I never tried those codes.) The rates can jump up and down from moment to moment and definitely vary from day to day. When you see a low rate, jump on it. It may not be there the next time you check. There is no charge to cancel or modify.
Good luck everyone!

ETA: OMG!!!! Just got it down to $157.04 by using a coupon from the Hertz website ($40 off rentals in Florida PC #127525). Squeeeeeeeee!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter