June 2012 Car Rental Discounts/Codes

Check Travelocity regularly as a quick way to check many different companies. I just did this for one week starting June 7, and Enterprise has $218 total for a standard car. Not great, but good enough to book it and keep looking for something better. This was with no special codes, so perhaps it could be lowered a bit...

Expedia.ca is $108 Dollar or $138 Budget inc taxes for standard. Budget includes additional driver Dollar charges $10/day extra.

Has anyone successfully used and followed through with the expedia.ca rate?

My concern is additional fees or some other difficulty. You certainly cannot beat their prices!!

Prices just dropped for Dollar on expedia.ca! I just booked a Standard car at Dollar pick up at MCO for 15 days June 23-July 8 for $232 including tax (that's in Canadian $s but we are just about at par)!! Once I booked, I clicked on the cancel reservation link to see what the charge would be and it said it would be a full refund. Yay!!!

Still going to keep my eye out though :) My husband wants to pay $190 :)

Has anyone successfully used and followed through with the expedia.ca rate?

My concern is additional fees or some other difficulty. You certainly cannot beat their prices!!

My neighbour just used expedia and the total rate was exactly what he paid. There were no extra fees.

So, when I got my email confirmation from expedia.ca, the emails said taxes & fees are NOT included. I called expedia & they told me the email is wrong, taxes are definitely included in the price I paid, and gave me a reference number in case I run into issues when I pick up the car. I also called Dollar and they said the rate code on my rental includes taxes. Cross your fingers!

just went to expedia.com - and got 151 for Thrify midsize car for 7 days and 8 hours. No codes. Dates are June 7 - June 14. No money due now just at counter and it is on airport propertry. MCO.

Just booked 10 days 6/8-6/18 through Dollar website for a Standard car. 1 Week at $87.52 per week.3 Extra Days at $11.89 per day.Total Base Rate $123.19 plus $68.14 fees. Grand Total $191.33. Better than anything else I've found so far. Signed up for Dollar Express.

Just booked 10 days 6/8-6/18 through Dollar website. 1 Week at $87.52 per week.3 Extra Days at $11.89 per day.Total Base Rate $123.19 plus $68.14 fees. Grand Total $191.33. Better than anything else I've found so far. Signed up for Dollar Express.

do you have codes for that? I got a similar rate thru travelocity but have a dollar coupon code I could use but I can't tell what these rates are since I booked thru travelocity. since you booked straight thru dollar what corporate rate or coupon code did you use? thanks!

I didn't use a code. I tried adding codes to it and it didn't lower the price. I tried expedia and it showed a price of 191 total. So, I tried the Dollar website directly and got the same price.

I didn't use a code. I tried adding codes to it and it didn't lower the price. I tried expedia and it showed a price of 191 total. So, I tried the Dollar website directly and got the same price.

When I priced the Dollar site I got a rate that was $100 higher than expedia.

Anyone know what the fee is if you cancel an expedia booking? It says that it's fully refundable except the expedia fee.

When I priced the Dollar site I got a rate that was $100 higher than expedia.

Anyone know what the fee is if you cancel an expedia booking? It says that it's fully refundable except the expedia fee.

There is no charge to cancel expedia. I booked yesterday and once I got my confirmation I clicked on the cancel res link to see what would happen. It said there was a $0 penalty and I would get a full refund.

I just booked with Alamo. Standard size car. Used Visa code and coupon. Total for 15 days (June 15-30) is $289.30. The cheapest I had before this was $465 for the same time period.

Since Alamo doesn't have a Standard aisle at MCO, we'll be choosing from the full size row... DH wants an Impala anyway, so that's probably what we'll take.

I just booked with Alamo. Standard size car. Used Visa code and coupon. Total for 15 days (June 15-30) is $289.30. The cheapest I had before this was $465 for the same time period.

Since Alamo doesn't have a Standard aisle at MCO, we'll be choosing from the full size row... DH wants an Impala anyway, so that's probably what we'll take.

I just book this same deal for 12 days for $217 with all taxes included. I used the Costco code and coupon for $35 off. Not bad!

Just booked 10 days 6/8-6/18 through Dollar website for a Standard car. 1 Week at $87.52 per week.3 Extra Days at $11.89 per day.Total Base Rate $123.19 plus $68.14 fees. Grand Total $191.33. Better than anything else I've found so far. Signed up for Dollar Express.

Thank you for posting this. I just booked the standard car for 6/9-6/19 for $217. Best price I have been able to find. Now I have to cancel me two other reservations!

Accidently posted this in another June thread.June 8th-June18th. Had booked yesterday through Dollar for 191 for a Standard for 10 days. Just switched to Alamo after seeing someone else's post. Alamo base rate after using 35 dollar coupon and Amex 15% off code is 91.59 and with fees/taxes 149.39.

Thank you for posting this. I just booked the standard car for 6/9-6/19 for $217. Best price I have been able to find. Now I have to cancel me two other reservations!

With Alamo using Costco ID 7014627 and E-Coupon AD2359FDF for $35 off the total for a standard inc taxes is $174.

Anyone happen to know.....

If I pay for my Alamo rental with a $50 gift card and then charge the balance to my Amex will I still get the insurance coverage through Amex? or does the entire rental have to be charged to the Amex?

Anyone happen to know.....

If I pay for my Alamo rental with a $50 gift card and then charge the balance to my Amex will I still get the insurance coverage through Amex? or does the entire rental have to be charged to the Amex?

I have been told by customer service reps at Amex that you can use any coupons and still be covered. It is probably worth a phone call to Amex to double check. -- Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter