June 2009! Who's going?

DreaminDisney

<font color="purple">The TFs converted another BEL
I know it's over a year away but anyone planning this early besides us? :)

You are not the only one! :thumbsup2 I have been planning a trip "in hiding" for over a year now, and it was only just a couple of weeks ago, that my DH mentioned that we could go back in 2009! :rotfl2: Of course, I still have to watch how much I talk Disney to him! That is why I am here on the boards each day -- to get my Disney fix and talk Disney with others like me!:worship:

So now, I can officially start planning! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: To top it off, he mentioned that it might be fun to go with my brother and his family! What a great guy I have!! :hippie:

Our first family trip was back in 2005 when my DD was 2 1/2 and our son was 8. She was the typical toddler, needing lots of breaks, and she would not ride in the stroller. So, I had to carry her everywhere! Talk about an exhausting trip!:eek: We didn't get to do a lot of the things that I wanted. I am hoping this trip will be a bit less draining!:wizard: My kids will be 5 and 12 on our 2009 trip! :cloud9: Boy! That is fun just to type! :cloud9: Yes, we are actually going in 2009! Only 13 months away now!:dance3: :dance3:

We will probably be staying at one of the moderates or values. I am not sure which since I hope to convince my brother and his family and we will have to decide together. In 2005, we stayed at the Carribean Beach resort. We liked it a lot, but as my DH mentioned, we think it will be fun checking out a different resort this time. If we had the means, an ideal trip would be to stay at the Beach Club, GF, Contemporary or Polynesian.

So tell me, what are your plans so far, and the members of your family?

Hi mdsouth!

We're (DH, myself, DS & DD) planning on going end of June. December we stayed at CSR and loved it. We're not sure where to stay this time. Like you, we'd like to check out another disney resort.
DS will be 12 and DD 9.
We all had such a good time staying over this past Christmas but we pulled both kids out of school for a week and it was so hard to catch up. Next trip we're taking when they're on summer break.

This past trip we were on dining plan and it worked out great for us. Next time I think we might even go with the Deluxe plan.

As soon as those pkgs come out I'm booking it!! :laughing:

I know how it is taking a 2 year old. DD was 2 her first visit and I was exhausted. DS was 5 and he was able to go on a lot including test track; which he loved!! Your kids being 5 & 12 are great ages for a Disney vacation!

I WAS planning a Girls-Only plus baby nephew trip for summer 2009 (probably June) Then my BIL decided that he wants to be the first person to take his son to Disney. Which is fine, but he doesn't want my sister to go until they can go as a family.:confused3 Anyways, now it might end up being a WHOLE family trip, but I have to hammer out some of the details before I can spring the idea on my mom. She was really excited about going on a Girls-Only trip... I don't think she wants to boys to come. If it was my idea to have the boys come it wouldn't be an issue, but I don't think she'll accept it as my BIL's idea. I really wouldn't have a problem with all the boys coming, as long as we get one meal or day without the boys. The huge issue with the boys coming is lodging. Originally I had been planning on staying on-site with my mom and sisters, but that'd be a bit too expensive with all the boys. All of us together will be 8 adults, 2 children (12 and 16), and 1 almost 1 yr. old. We would need at least 2 rooms, probably 3, or a villa of some kind. With just the girls and the baby we would only need one room.
However, my BIL's parents just bought a house 5 minutes away from Disney World, so I've given my sister the job of finding out if we can use it. They offered it to her, but I'm not sure how they'd feel about her whole family coming.
If we can't stay there, and there's not somewhere else that is feasible, then I'll just go with my mom and younger sister.
I'd be perfectly fine with staying off-site if it meant I got to stay longer.

We just got back from WDW April 24. And it took about 9 days after our trip ended for me to start plotting a trip for next summer or summer 2010 (I don't think I can wait 2 years though!) I am trying not to talk about it much to DH because I know he doesn't want to hear it. But I'm torn...me and my 2 DD's really want to go back to Disneyland. But I can't really plan a trip this far out because we have to fly to California...no driving. At least if I planned another trip to WDW, we could drive if flights are really high. SO, maybe I can secretly plan for another trip to DL for June 09 and if airfares are decent when they are available for purchase that far out, I can really start planning!
All I know is I'm having post-trip depression :guilty:
Thank the Lord for the Disboards...the only place I know where people are as obsessed as I am.

I am in the very early stages of planning for June 09. I am pretty sure it is going to be the Poly for us. It will be the Poly if I can keep the total cost out of my husbands sight!! :rolleyes1 It will be our first trip to Disney and I am so excited!!!! :yay:

We,re going in June 2009, just not exactly sure of the dates, but we're staying at CSR.:love: We have to go before our PAPs expire July 15!!!:goodvibes

I am in the very early stages of planning for June 09. I am pretty sure it is going to be the Poly for us. It will be the Poly if I can keep the total cost out of my husbands sight!! :rolleyes1 It will be our first trip to Disney and I am so excited!!!! :yay:
2002 was our 1st family trip to Disney (DH had never been been there) and we stayed at Poly. I knew if we stayed there he'd love it and want to keep going back to Disney.;) It worked!!

We,re going in June 2009, just not exactly sure of the dates, but we're staying at CSR.:love: We have to go before our PAPs expire July 15!!!:goodvibes
We loved CSR.

Count me in!! We are going in June '09. I think we are staying at CSR.

We were there in Feb. of this year. My mom took me, DH, DD 8, DS 4, and niece and nephew. It was not a really the vacation I wanted for my children. My niece, 9, decided that she should act up and throw temper tantrums everyday because she could. Yes, those were her own words. DH is not much of a Disney person. :(

My DS asks everyday when he can go back. So, I am planning a new trip. I told my mom that she could go; however, the kids are in charge. This means afternoon swimming breaks, lots of character meals. Everyone is excited!! I can't wait until next summer. :woohoo:

Count me in! We are planning a trip June 2009 to celebrate my birthday! Hoping for 2 weeks, but may have to cut it short to 10 days.

We will do a split stay. The first 7 days our friends will be traveling with us. There are 5 in their family, so that will determine where we stay. As of now, it looks like POR or All Star Music. When they leave, I'm thinking the Poly sounds good, but will probably change my mind a few times before I actually decide. AKL, CR, BC or WL are possible. Decisions, decisions!:cool1:

June 2009 will be our year from WDW! We go every other year. Last trip was June 2007! It was awesome! We just return from our vacation in TN. It was really nice and beautiful but now I am ready to start things to roll for 2009! I am glad I'm not the only one:lovestruc I think we will be staying value(ASMU). We did stay at CBR in 2007 and loved it! With the transportation price issues in the country I am not sure to fly or drive this time.

Count me in! We are planning a trip June 2009 to celebrate my birthday! Hoping for 2 weeks, but may have to cut it short to 10 days.
This will be the first time we're spending my b-day at Disney! When are you planning on going?

June 2009 will be our year from WDW! We go every other year. Last trip was June 2007! It was awesome! We just return from our vacation in TN. It was really nice and beautiful but now I am ready to start things to roll for 2009! I am glad I'm not the only one:lovestruc I think we will be staying value(ASMU). We did stay at CBR in 2007 and loved it! With the transportation price issues in the country I am not sure to fly or drive this time.
I think we're staying at a value too.

Count me in!! We are going in June '09. I think we are staying at CSR. :woohoo:
When is everyone planning for?
I think we're going 6/17 to 6/27. I can't wait for the pkgs to come out. We did the dining plan last year and loved it.

This will be the first time we're spending my b-day at Disney! When are you planning on going?

As of now, we will be there June 7 - 17 or 20. Dates could change. My birthday is actually in July, but due to my DD13's sports, we will have to celebrate in June. I wish I could be there on my actual birthday, but probably not doable. We went last July for our anniversary and it was extremely HOT! Hoping June will be a bit better.
::yes::

As of now, we will be there June 7 - 17 or 20. Dates could change. My birthday is actually in July, but due to my DD13's sports, we will have to celebrate in June. I wish I could be there on my actual birthday, but probably not doable. We went last July for our anniversary and it was extremely HOT! Hoping June will be a bit better.
::yes::

We are from the north and we usual visit the second week of June. Next year would be June 5th-13th. We were there in 2007 from June 8th-16th. The heat did not bother us at all. Yes it was hot during the afternoon. Drink lots of water, take breaks and visit indoor attractions/shopping.

:banana: :banana: me, me. Well me and the fam that is. It's a large group. We so cannot wait. we're gonna take it slow. we plan to see La Nouba and all the other things we didn't get to see before. Also 2 days at Universal.

here's the crew.
Mom 55
my sister 18
her son 2(when we leave)
her boyfriend 18 (father of her son)
her girlfriend 18 and her son 2
her other girlfriend 17
my niece 3(my other sister's child)
my nephew 9 (again my other sister's child)
my son 12
his father 31(we're not together)
my son's aunt 28 (father's sister) and her daughter 10
son's grandmom 54 (father's mom)

oh boy that's a lot of people. sometimes I feel like this:eek: when I think about how much planning this is going to take. mom says I'm up for the challenge. after all i'm a control freak :rotfl2:

so aree tentative dates are june 15-25 if not june 20-30, gotta see when the kids get out of school next year. I still haven't found the spot yet. I'm waffling between ft wilderness, bc and bcv.

wish me luck!

We are from the north and we usual visit the second week of June. Next year would be June 5th-13th. We were there in 2007 from June 8th-16th. The heat did not bother us at all. Yes it was hot during the afternoon. Drink lots of water, take breaks and visit indoor attractions/shopping.

I was there during same week as you. I spent part of the time at Vero, which was great. I'd really like to go back same time next year, get another 2BR at Saratoga Springs ,and let my kids bring friends again. I thought the night time weather was great and I liked how late the MK was open late every night. I got more into the night time park visits this trip.

My family's first trip to WDW will be from June 13th-20th, 2009. We have booked a room at the Grand Floridian, and I cannot wait for this vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter