June 2007, how crowded was it last June

It must've been crowded since disney did not offer any AP discounts (or any other discounts) for any of the value or moderate resorts for June and July 2006. And the crowd level must have something to do with Disney now charging more for the value and moderate resorts starting in 2007 by creating the new catagory, summer season. To think that Disney will now be charging June and July visitors higher rates than regular rates was a surprise to me. I remember that they overbooked their resorts this summer because disney was calling people asking them to change to vacation plans. We go late April and early May every year, and that is all the crowds we can handle. We have gone June and July several times and found July to be extremely busy, especially with tour groups. We decided next year we will do mid-August instead.

We have always included at least one summer trip in our plans with few exceptions. I have found if you go with the right attitude you will be fine. Please keep in mind I am not the Mary Poppins type. But I go knowing 1. it is going to be hot and this is the most important factor because it leads to 2. People are little ruder in the summer months. 3. The 90 + degree temps also dictate early mornings, afternoon breaks, and late nights.

Great thing about summer months are longer hours. You don't feel like you have to stay in a park all day. We tour until lunch, then return to our resort for a swim and nap, and then back to the parks around 5-7pm.

Summer trips also make us consider our resort choice a little more closely. We had not stayed at the BC in years until this last summer and we so enjoyed the pool that we will be staying there next summer. It is close to 2 parks so thats less bus riding which I don't enjoy when I am already hot and sensitive to motion. We are going in early Feb but are staying at OKW because I don't mind buses in cooler temps.

We were there June 19-25 for our first time. We got to the parks before opening and the longest we waited in line was 35 minutes one day at Peter Pan! We used FP and it worked out really well. I'm from Mississippi so the heat didn't bother us at all, however, we left the parks around 130 every day and went back to POFQ for a swim and a nap. We headed back out around 530 for our dinner ressies and found that even if we didn't nap we still felt better just leaving for a while. The crowds weren't as bad as I expected as this was my first time and I have nothing to compare them to. We are going back in Oct 2007 before our cruise so after that I'll probably know what it's like to be without crowds! It only rained one afternoon around 330 for about 30 minutes. I hope this helps!

We went this past June 9-15. The first few days were not too busy, but then started to pick up. The temperatures were HOT!!! IMHO, I don't think I would like to go again that time of year just because of the heat. I think we would have had a better time going when it was cooler and also with less people. We are going to try to go in October next year for the MNSSHP. Some people can take the heat, but not me!!!

Thanks for all the help. So what I know is to prepare for rain and prepare for heat but other than that, have a blast. How soon should I get my airline and car rentals? Also, where should I get them? Thanks again.

Mr. Mike

We will be going June 1st - 10th 2007 . 1st time in june but with my daughter in highschool now we don't want to take her out of school for 2 weeks . I am gald to see the 1st week in june seems to be less crowded

We were there the first week of June this year and the parks weren't all that bad. The weather was a little rough due to a tropical storm, but we weathered it atlright (in a coleman pop-up) :teeth: . I think the big summer rush doesn't really hit untilt he end of June and into July.

We are throwing around june 4th week. Not real sure I am up in air about it all, we even thought maybe if free dining was offered going in Sept.

I was. The VERY BEGINNING of June is light despite the gay days crowd (other than MK), and starting about the 5th, the people begin to thicken and the humidity starts to get crazy.

We've been there in June - usually the third week - and we keep going back. We usually do a sit-down meal for lunch, rather than dinner. Some quality sit-down time in the air conditioning and refills on our beverages are just a good idea. It's also good to do inside shows in the middle of the day - or head back to the hotel for a swim & a shower. Throw in a water park day every couple of days to get your core body temp. down.

I definately recommend having a good touring plan with "Best Days" information - it truly makes a difference in your wait times. The three we've used are the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World, www.tourguidemike.com, and www.buildabettermousetrip.com. The UG is good but the other two worked better for our group. Birnbaum is just not specific enough for the busy season.

My husband and I went alone to WDW in January. There were absolutely no crowds and, would you believe, we actually didn't like it. There is an energy that comes with the people.

All this advice will be helpful for our trip the end of June beginning of July. We usually go the end of August, so the heat will be no different but the crowds we will be adapting to. Thanks everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter