June 20, 2009 Magic

Thanks so much, Mary.

Congrats everybody! I was in the system immediately. First time I didn't have problems. I was so excited. Sounds like everybody got what they wanted. That is so awesome!

Can't wait!

Amy

I was not so lucky in my booking endeavors. Everytime I went to book my Palo's reservation it kept giving me error messages. When I tried to book spa reservations it just gave me a blank page. I logged off, logged back in, but no luck. I was frustrated to say the least! :furious:

I finally came back about 12:45, I was able to get in, but the times I wanted for Palo on Thursday were all closed and I had to take the 6:00 seating. I guess I can see about changing it once on board. I was able to get the spa time I wanted.

But, in less than 90 days I will be aboard a beautiful ship sharing quality time with my DD, my mom, sister, nieces and sister-in-law. And yes, LIFE IS GOOD!!! :cloud9:

We were having issues this morning booking the Tortola excursion (Snorkel at Norman Island). Came back later and was able to book, but only in the afternoon.

Got the morning St. Thomas Island Tour...but now considering moving that to the afternoon. It starts at 8:15 a.m., the morning after (what I believe to be) Pirate Night. pirate:

Other than that, all is good. :banana:

Joining this thread today but we've been booked forever, it seems!

It will be DH, DD (age 9) and me. It will be our third Disney cruise, but our first 7-day. I can't believe the 90-day deadline is so soon! I'm still trying to figure out what night to book Palo dinner. I don't want to miss any of the rotational dinners since DD loves the Animator's Palate show, but don't know which "special" dinner to miss - Master Chef or Captain's Gala. Any advice? Are they still on Wednesday and Thursday or has that changed? HELP!!

I am realy excited to finely find some one with a 9 year old daughter. My DGD is 9 and I have been looking for someone she can meet and get to know before we sail. Her name is Caitlin and she will have completed the 3rd grade when we sail. She loves the water and her dolls. This will be her first cruise. She has been to Disney World 4 times and Disneyland twice. We will also be taking her older sister Bethanie 14 on this trip.

We have made all our reservations and have comfirmed polo for dinner and burnch. We will be doing the dalphin swim in Tortula and parasailing at Castaway Cay. At St John we will be visiting the Butterfly farm. Our group will also include my DD Michelle ( the girls aunt).

Can"t wait to meet everyone. Hope we will be able to get together will some of you for a meet after we sail, or maybe meet at the termanal befor we board. Is anyone staying at the Radisson the night before we sail. We will be there and I hope we will see some of you.
I have to go to work now, will be back later.

Magie (fairygrandmother)

It is getting more exciting.

I am hoping that we have a couple more families participate in the fish extender thing. Still, with the group we have, it will be tons of fun. I can't wait to start picking out things. I already have ideas :-)

This is going to be a blast.

We went on at midnight too to book. Already alot of the mornings for Palo brunch was booked, but Thurs. so we are doing Palo brunch Thurs. morning, I think the 10:30 time. I figure I can get a real good workout in. I plan on doing an hour of cardio and an hour of weights, that way my body will be still burning calories while I eat, LOL! I only do workouts like that once a month. We are doing Palo dinner on Sunday ngiht. It was hard not knowing what our dinner cycle will be , unless there is a place to check it?

For excursions we are doing snorkeling at St. Thomas, in the morning. Swim with dolphins in Tortula in the morning. Nothing on Castaway. We normally do a couple massage there but decided to skip it and just enjoy the beach all day.

For spa we are doing the couple spa treatment, you know that one, LOL!

We have our DD 8 registered in the Lab. There was no place to register DD 13. I was surprised by that as she could be either in the age group of 10-13 or 13-16. I want her in the younger one, and she does too. So does anyone know how that works?

I can't wait to go!!! I am so excited!!!

Sue

We were having issues this morning booking the Tortola excursion (Snorkel at Norman Island). Came back later and was able to book, but only in the afternoon.

Got the morning St. Thomas Island Tour...but now considering moving that to the afternoon. It starts at 8:15 a.m., the morning after (what I believe to be) Pirate Night. pirate:

Other than that, all is good. :banana:

Pirate Night is Tuesday. We had the same problem & we're on an 8:15 excursion too. Remember all the concierge people have already had their time to book a few weeks ago. They probably took the afternoon ones.

I changed our Palo dinner reservations from Sunday night to Monday night. It seems like formal night is Sunday night and I dont' want to miss that. Ther were only 2 times available, so we got lucky! Whew!

I dreamt about our cruise last night, it was Pirate night and so much fun.

I told my DH that Pirate night is the night before Tortula and that is the morning we have to get up early for the excursions. Oh well. We will have fun though.

Sue

I was on at midnight as well and got what we were looking for...incuding Palo and parasailing on CC.

Counting down!

Pirate Night is Tuesday. We had the same problem & we're on an 8:15 excursion too. Remember all the concierge people have already had their time to book a few weeks ago. They probably took the afternoon ones.

Okay, this may be a first, but...I told DS about the start time for the St. Thomas excursion, and that it'd be the night after Pirate Night. He said, "Don't worry, Dad...I'll get up in time for it!"

:worship:

Okay, this may be a first, but...I told DS about the start time for the St. Thomas excursion, and that it'd be the night after Pirate Night. He said, "Don't worry, Dad...I'll get up in time for it!"

:worship:

I get up early anyways on the Disney cruise. I like to hit the gym before it get crowded and then take a nice leasure walk there and back before anyone is up. I never get to bed before 11 on the Disney cruise anyways, so getting up early for the excursion won't be hard for me. Can't say that for the rest of my family!

Sue

I want to go dancing at night, so I think I will be drinking a lot of caffeine.:woohoo: Our excursion on St. Thomas begins at 7:30 am:eek: I don't know how my teenage sons are going to be. They probably will be excited since the one will be able to drive one of the mini boats. We are also going to do the Forest and Beach at Tortola, and the couple spa on the ship.

Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic:boat:

Let me know if I am missing anybody

List of Disboarders on the ship:

1. Amy (Leia’s Mom) (me), Shane (DH), Leia (DD) (11), Talia (DD) (5) – FE participant
2. Jean , Eric, Logan (DS) (7), Mallory (DD) (5) -- FE participant
3. Georgia (grandma) and Amy (friend)
4. Pat (Disneylovers), John (DH) Jenny (21), Mary (16)
5. Liz (CBEB) (DW), Charlie (DH), Lizzie (12) – FE participant
6. Drew (Smileneyes), Matthew (DS) (16)
7. Mary (DVC Mary), Scott (DH), Liam (12), Patrick turns 9 on the cruise!
8. Dizneykids, DH, DS (17), DS (15), DS (10)
9. SSRJen, DH
10. bb528, Diane (DW), Bridie (DD) (12), Jade (DD) (8)
11. Lynnette (lharter), Greg, Dan(16) and Lauren(12) from Iowa
12. Missy, Bo, Alex (16) (female Alex), Bo 14, Luke 11 plus extended family
13. Lettie (RLccweems), Rob (DH), Celina (15) and Chad (12)
14. Jill(Jazzykirl), Russell DH, Sean (20) DS, Austin (15) DS -- FE participant
15. Magie (fairygrandmother), DD Mickey (Michelle), DGD Bethanie 14, and DGD Caitlin 9 -- FE participant
16. 4407Mark, DW and three DSs (15, 14, and 11)
17. Sue (ourtwoprincesses), DH (Kevin) DD#1 (Megan) 13 (a week before the cruise) and DD #2 (Kaitlyn) 8
18. bbgallini, DH, DD (9)
19. Deanna23, dh, ds(13), and ds(11).

FISH EXTENDER PARTICIPANTS

1. Amy (Leia’s Mom) (me), Shane (DH), Leia (DD) (11), Talia (DD) (5)
2. Jean , Eric, Logan (DS) (7), Mallory (DD) (5)
3. Liz (CBEB) (DW), Charlie (DH), Lizzie (12)
4. Jill(Jazzykirl), Russell DH, Sean (20) DS, Austin (15) DS
5. Magie (fairygrandmother), DD Mickey (Michelle), DGD Bethanie 14, and DGD Caitlin 9
6. Lettie (RLccweems), Rob (DH), Celina (15) and Chad (12)
7. Drew (Smileneyes), Matthew (DS) (16)

Hi all -- I am "Leia's Mom"'s sister. As you have probably figured out Amy is the planner in the family so I have been sitting on the sidelines letting Amy do all the work.

I have been watching Amy's list and haven't seen any 7-8 year old boys. Logan turns 8 in July and because cousin Leia princess: is a very cool tween now I would love to be able to tell Logan that there is another boy his age going.

So if any of you are bringing a 7-8 year old boy -- let me know. . .

DS Patrick turns 9 on the cruise. Logan & Patrick won't be in the same age group. I know if you have a child who is close to being in the next age group (8-10 yr olds) & possibly has some family in the next age bracket, they might consider moving him up. You won't find this out until you get on the ship & ask. I think they try to get to know the child 1st, next let him try some time int he next age group, and then decide.

We can definitely have them post messages back & forth on here and of course they can meet up on the ship. Are we doing any of the same excursions?

St. Thomas Doubloon a.m.
Tortola Dolphin Swim a.m.
CC Stingray 10 a.m.

Let me know or just have Logan post on here to Patrick.

Hi Patrick -- my name is Logan and I will be 8 years old on July 8. I hope to see you on the cruise. Do you like to play basketball ? I do. I heard that they have Wii games now -- do you think we can play together? Write back soon.

Logan

I am realy excited to finely find some one with a 9 year old daughter. My DGD is 9 and I have been looking for someone she can meet and get to know before we sail. Her name is Caitlin and she will have completed the 3rd grade when we sail. She loves the water and her dolls. This will be her first cruise. She has been to Disney World 4 times and Disneyland twice. We will also be taking her older sister Bethanie 14 on this trip.

We have made all our reservations and have comfirmed polo for dinner and burnch. We will be doing the dalphin swim in Tortula and parasailing at Castaway Cay. At St John we will be visiting the Butterfly farm. Our group will also include my DD Michelle ( the girls aunt).

Can"t wait to meet everyone. Hope we will be able to get together will some of you for a meet after we sail, or maybe meet at the termanal befor we board. Is anyone staying at the Radisson the night before we sail. We will be there and I hope we will see some of you.
I have to go to work now, will be back later.

Magie (fairygrandmother)
Kimberly (DD-Age 9) would love to correspond with Caitlyn before the cruise! She is also completing third grade this June and this will be her third Disney cruise. We did two Land/Sea vacations in 2005 and 2007. Coincidentally, we will also be staying at the Radisson the night before the cruise! I know there is a way to do "private messages" on this board so the girls can e-mail back and forth, but I'm not sure how. Any help from fellow cruisers?

Kimberly (DD-Age 9) would love to correspond with Caitlyn before the cruise! She is also completing third grade this June and this will be her third Disney cruise. We did two Land/Sea vacations in 2005 and 2007. Coincidentally, we will also be staying at the Radisson the night before the cruise! I know there is a way to do "private messages" on this board so the girls can e-mail back and forth, but I'm not sure how. Any help from fellow cruisers?

Send a private message to each other and exchange emails that way. That's what we did for my kids.

Hi Patrick -- my name is Logan and I will be 8 years old on July 8. I hope to see you on the cruise. Do you like to play basketball ? I do. I heard that they have Wii games now -- do you think we can play together? Write back soon.

Logan

Hi Logan!

This is Patrick. I do like basketball. It's cool to play basketball up on top of the ship. I love to play Wii. I have one at home.

Are you doing the Stingrays at Castaway Key? We're in the one at 10 a.m.

It will be fun.

Patrick

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter