June 20, 2009 Magic

I just received this from my DU TA. Thought I would pass it along to help with your planning.

I’m sorry but Disney is no longer releasing the entertainment schedule (Golden Mickey’s, etc.) in advance and advises that you check your Navigator once onboard.

Here is the Theme dining for this sailing:

Night 1 = Cruise Casual

Night 2 = Formal

Night 3 = Cruise Casual

Night 4 =Pirate Night

Night 5 = Cruise Casual

Night 6 = Semi-Formal

Night 7 = Cruise Casual

I hope you are getting as excited as we are. Only 99 more days!!!:yay:

Thanks for posting!

If anyone is looking for a secret verandah room, we cancelled 7620. It appears to still be open.

We just booked on this cruise last week :cool1:
It is me (Sue) DH (Kevin) DD#1 (Megan) 13 (a week before the cruise) and DD #2 (Kaitlyn) 8

Does anyone have an excursions planned? Those of you with children at the age of 13 which age group of the kids club will you put them in? I am putting my DD in with the 11-13 yr olds, most of her friends at school are that age anyways. I feel like there is too miuch of an age gap between 13-16.

As far as excursions we will do the swim with the dolphins in Tortula. On Castaway Cay we always rent snorkel gear.

This wil be our 3rd Disney Cruise. We took a 7 day western in '05 and a 4 day cruise in '07. 5 days before this cruise we are staying at Saratoga Springs and spending 3 days at the parks This is my dream Disney Vacation to do the park and the 7 day cruise all at once, we can't wait!!!:cheer2:

We just booked on this cruise last week :cool1:
It is me (Sue) DH (Kevin) DD#1 (Megan) 13 (a week before the cruise) and DD #2 (Kaitlyn) 8

Does anyone have an excursions planned? Those of you with children at the age of 13 which age group of the kids club will you put them in? I am putting my DD in with the 11-13 yr olds, most of her friends at school are that age anyways. I feel like there is too miuch of an age gap between 13-16.

As far as excursions we will do the swim with the dolphins in Tortula. On Castaway Cay we always rent snorkel gear.

This wil be our 3rd Disney Cruise. We took a 7 day western in '05 and a 4 day cruise in '07. 5 days before this cruise we are staying at Saratoga Springs and spending 3 days at the parks This is my dream Disney Vacation to do the park and the 7 day cruise all at once, we can't wait!!!:cheer2:

Welcome to the cruise!!

I have a DD12 Lizzie - won't be 13 until November. But she will be in Disney Quest with your daughter. I think we're up to 3-4 DD's in that age bracket!

This week is spring break for us - our "normal" cruising time. But we really wanted to go to Tortola so booked this cruise instead.

Joining this thread today but we've been booked forever, it seems!

It will be DH, DD (age 9) and me. It will be our third Disney cruise, but our first 7-day. I can't believe the 90-day deadline is so soon! I'm still trying to figure out what night to book Palo dinner. I don't want to miss any of the rotational dinners since DD loves the Animator's Palate show, but don't know which "special" dinner to miss - Master Chef or Captain's Gala. Any advice? Are they still on Wednesday and Thursday or has that changed? HELP!!

Joining this thread today but we've been booked forever, it seems!

It will be DH, DD (age 9) and me. It will be our third Disney cruise, but our first 7-day. I can't believe the 90-day deadline is so soon! I'm still trying to figure out what night to book Palo dinner. I don't want to miss any of the rotational dinners since DD loves the Animator's Palate show, but don't know which "special" dinner to miss - Master Chef or Captain's Gala. Any advice? Are they still on Wednesday and Thursday or has that changed? HELP!!

Our first 7 day cruise, and only 7 day cruise was back in '05. We booked Palo, but we would've missed formal night, so we changed it when we got on board and it was no problem, no long line at all. I think we missed the Master Chef dinner as I can't remember going to that one. Is anyone doing the brunch? We have never done that either, but DH said we mind as well go and get our monies worth :rotfl2: !

(I need to change my signature since it is 2 1/2 yrs old, LOL!)

I am doing the 90 day dance! I realize our cruise is not 90 days from today...however we will start our pre-cruise trip in 90 days! I made our dining reservations this morning with no problems. :) I am so excited!!!:yay:

If you are interested in participating in the Fish Extender list, please PM me your room number (as well as the people and ages in your party if you aren't already on the list).

So far, the participants for Fish Extender are as follows:

Amy (Leia’s Mom) (me), Shane (DH), Leia (DD) (11), Talia (DD) (5)
Jean , Eric, Logan (DS) (7), Mallory (DD) (5)
Liz (CBEB) (DW), Charlie (DH), Lizzie (12)
Jill(Jazzykirl), Russell DH, Sean (20) DS, Austin (15) DS
Magie (fairygrandmother), DD Mickey (Michelle), DGD Bethanie 14, and DGD Caitlin 9

Remember, it's not about the cost of the present. It's about the fish fairy surprising you with something to make you smile.

If you are interested in participating in the Fish Extender list, please PM me your room number (as well as the people and ages in your party if you aren't already on the list).

So far, the participants for Fish Extender are as follows:

Liz (CBEB) (DW), Charlie (DH), Lizzie (12) – FE participant
Magie (fairygrandmother), DD Mickey (Michelle), DGD Bethanie 14, and DGD Caitlin 9

Remember, it's not about the cost of the present. It's about the fish fairy surprise you with something to make you smile.

For those of you not sure about participating... It's SO much fun!

You can hang anything from your fish to act as your fix extender - a bag, a stocking, a fishing net. It just has to be able to hold a small item.

As for the "gifts", they can home-made, magnet from your town or state, trinket toy (like you would buy for birthday party favors), small pre-wrapped candies, anything small. You don't have to spend a lot of money on this!

Here's the best part: Each time you come back to your room, you find yourself looking into your extender to see if you been "visited" by the fairy. It never mattered about what we found, just that we found something. As Leia's Mom says, it's all about making you smile!

The more fairies we have, the more visits and the more smiles:) :yay:

See you soon!

Our first 7 day cruise, and only 7 day cruise was back in '05. We booked Palo, but we would've missed formal night, so we changed it when we got on board and it was no problem, no long line at all. I think we missed the Master Chef dinner as I can't remember going to that one. Is anyone doing the brunch? We have never done that either, but DH said we mind as well go and get our monies worth :rotfl2: !

(I need to change my signature since it is 2 1/2 yrs old, LOL!)

As fabulous as dinner is at Palo, we think that the brunch is EVEN BETTER! My husband has been talking about it since our 2007 cruise!

UPDATED LIST -- let me know if I am missing anybody.

Here is the list as of today:

1-Amy (Leia’s Mom) (me), Shane (DH), Leia (DD) (11), Talia (DD) (5) – FE participant
2-Jean , Eric, Logan (DS) (7), Mallory (DD) (5) -- FE participant
3-Georgia (grandma) and Amy (friend)
4-Pat (Disneylovers), John (DH) Jenny (21), Mary (16)
5-Liz (CBEB) (DW), Charlie (DH), Lizzie (12) – FE participant
6-Drew (Smileneyes), Matthew (DS) (16)
7-Mary (DVC Mary), Scott (DH), Liam (12), Patrick turns 9 on the cruise!
8-Dizneykids, DH, DS (17), DS (15), DS (10)
9-SSRJen, DH
10-bb528, Diane (DW), Bridie (DD) (12), Jade (DD) (8)
11-Lynnette (lharter), Greg, Dan(16) and Lauren(12) from Iowa
12-Missy, Bo, Alex (16) (female Alex), Bo 14, Luke 11 plus extended family
13-Lettie (RLccweems), Rob (DH), Celina (15) and Chad (12)
14-Jill(Jazzykirl), Russell DH, Sean (20) DS, Austin (15) DS -- FE participant
15-Magie (fairygrandmother), DD Mickey (Michelle), DGD Bethanie 14, and DGD Caitlin 9 -- FE participant
16-4407Mark, DW and three DSs (15, 14, and 11)
17-Sue (ourtwoprincesses), DH (Kevin) DD#1 (Megan) 13 (a week before the cruise) and DD #2 (Kaitlyn) 8
18-bbgallini, DH, DD (9)

Okay...I'm checking the list to see how many families have sign up so far...Am i right with the count of 18? I was going to start working on something for each family but I wanted to be sure I had the right family head count. Correct me if I'm wrong....which my kids always say I'm wrong! :rotfl:

We are not doing fish extenders....but we are on the list you quoted? Typically we travel with our own disgroup of sorts so we don't do the dismeets, etc....

Thank goodness we are almost there....I need a vacation after this week!

The FE list (thus far) is as follows. Of course, if I am missing anybody or anybody has changed their mind and wants to be removed, just let me know.

Liz (CBEB) (DW), Charlie (DH), Lizzie (12)
Lettie (RLccweems), Rob (DH), Celina (15) and Chad (12)

Missy, you aren't on the FE list. I think the list you are noting is the "everybody who is on the ship" list. The FE list (thus far) is as follows. Of course, if I am missing anybody or anybody has changed their mind and wants to be removed, just let me know.

1-Amy (Leia’s Mom) (me), Shane (DH), Leia (DD) (11), Talia (DD) (5)
2-Jean , Eric, Logan (DS) (7), Mallory (DD) (5)
3-Liz (CBEB) (DW), Charlie (DH), Lizzie (12)
4-Jill(Jazzykirl), Russell DH, Sean (20) DS, Austin (15) DS
5-Magie (fairygrandmother), DD Mickey (Michelle), DGD Bethanie 14, and DGD 6-Caitlin 9

Okay...I got the list mixed up as well. I'm wanting to add our family to the FE list. And then I'll need a family head count on this as well....I'm going to start working on something for each family.

thanks

Lettie (RLccweems), Rob (DH) Celina (DD)15 and Chad (DS)12

It looks like they are starting new menus on the cruise this week. Probably some additions and deletions. This may throw a wrench in which night I pick for Palo though. :)

Is the 90 day mark today? It won't let me in to book and we are paid off in full....

YIKES!

Missy

Is the 90 day mark today? It won't let me in to book and we are paid off in full....

YIKES!

Missy

Relax Missy, according to the paperwork we received, TOMORROW (Sunday) is the 90 day mark. It better be, we haven't made our final decisions on what excursions we want to book for Tortola and St. Thomas (that's going to be this afternoon's task). :) I was surprised that they would open the booking window on a Sunday, but I guess since it's all done by computer, it doesn't matter what day it is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter