June 18 - Official Opening?

PlutoLuvr

KORT RORP/ERS AULS TKPWET T LA*S WORD :)
Just had a live interview on our local news with a bigwig at Uni, and he said the official opening for the WWOHP is June 18th.

Anyone else seeing this on their news?

Just had a live interview on our local news with a bigwig at Uni, and he said the official opening for the WWOHP is June 18th.

Yes...that is the official opening date. It's been confirmed by all local media here in Orlando.

It was announced this morning on NBC's "Today Show". They also included another sneak peak of the WWOHP.

Just for clarification....Is this the official opening date, or when they are holding the grand opening celebration, or is it one in the same? I know there will be a soft opening, but I sort of figured the sequence would be:
Soft opening
Official Opening
Grand Opening Celebration

Doesn't it have to be this way. If Universal is selling packages beginning May 28th that could possibly mean guests are experiencing WWoHP during a soft opening...And I don't think that is cool. It should be officially open for the package guests.

WOW! The opening date is the day I get there. Hopefully... the Express Pass for onsite guests will work that day...

Unfortunately, we'll there the last week of May so will miss the public grand opening. But any hope that the park might have a soft opening before then?

Doubt anyone will notice the difference between a unofficial opening at the end of May and the Official opening three weeks later. For all intents and purposes, everything will be in order. Universal has said that they will honour packages booked for May 28.

Even after the Grand Opening, no ride is ever guaranteed to be immune from technical difficulties. There is so much time between now and then. If they are already holding special events there, things must be pretty darn near ready.

The advertising and promotional materials for Grad Bash seem to state that Harry Potter will be open for Grad Bash which is April 23rd and April 30th.

My wife is an activities director for a S. Florida High School and the posters for the event are filled with Harry Potter as well as text mentioning that High School Seniors will be amongst the first to enjoy the park.

We are planning on being chaperones for the event. I hope that it is indeed open.

The advertising and promotional materials for Grad Bash seem to state that Harry Potter will be open for Grad Bash which is April 23rd and April 30th.

My wife is an activities director for a S. Florida High School and the posters for the event are filled with Harry Potter as well as text mentioning that High School Seniors will be amongst the first to enjoy the park.

We are planning on being chaperones for the event. I hope that it is indeed open.
I don't think the Forbidden Journey will be open by then...I think they are going to save that for the 6/18 opening. I'm sure they will be able to walk around in WWoHP, eat and shop though.

dach2k3- DEFINITELY take pictures and update us all on your trip! Seems logical to me that the folks saying that the FJ will need to be tested before the Grand Opening are correct (or it might be wishful thinking). Keep in touch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter