• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 18, 2011 - 11 Night Mediterranean Sailing from Barcelona

Does anyone know if we can check a case of beer to Barcelona in our carry on luggage? Trying to save money on alcoholic drinks. Any other ideas?

If by check you mean airline check then no - typical TSA limits on liquids, aerosols and gels apply. You can check/ bring on board in Barcelona no prob as lexlaw says.

They said it could be all the way up until we get to the ship to find out where we will be. We got our documents already, but we have Disney air and transfers. I am not sure if that is why we have our documents already.

:grouphug: Not what I wanted to read about today...... Fortuneately, from what I read no one was killed but there were injuries.

DH and I were in Athens in September and although rioting wasn't going on at the time, they did have a truck strike (protest) that really caused horrible traffic jams. I sure hope that things are calmed down before we go.

I got my docs today but still no room assignment.

Does anyone else have Category IGT - Inside Stateroom with Restrictions reservations and has received a room assignment? It was/is a great rate but I'm tired of logging in every day to see if I've been upgraded.

Anyone been upgraded?

popcorn::popcorn::

I got my docs today but still no room assignment.

Does anyone else have Category IGT - Inside Stateroom with Restrictions reservations and has received a room assignment? It was/is a great rate but I'm tired of logging in every day to see if I've been upgraded.

Anyone been upgraded?

popcorn::popcorn::

I got my docs today, too, and still no room number. :( I have the VGT restricted category--same as yours but for a verandah room. I'm logging in every day, too. I don't think anyone on our list as been upgraded with one of the restricted category GTYs. But we're all hoping. :)

I got mine also, but still GTY (OGT catagory) :sad2:

It's not really looking hopeful to getting them before we go if they have sent the docs out? :confused:

Hello,
My husband, self, and our 7 year old son will be on the cruise and also part of the ABD group. Is anyone else signed up for the ABD for the cruise? Is anyone else sailing with only one child around 7? Thanks!

Three weeks from right now we'll be heading for our first dinner on the Magic:woohoo:.

Printed out all of my confirmations and tickets.... The stack is about an inch thick. It is going to be a great trip. :banana:

Hi All!

Welcome to all new cruisers! I haven't been able to get on much lately, I usually have time to read what's going on, but not able to post. My family will be at the meet, but we are stationed in a remote location overseas
and can't get the green badges, sorry.

I see a lot of people wanting info on their GTY rooms, so I thought I would share what I know. My next door neighbor is going on the 10 day Med cruise on June 8th and they have just recently received their GTY balcony cabin number. We have a GTY 9D room (2 small portholes on deck 1), and about a week ago, I checked and we were upgraded to a 9A, Deluxe oceanview room on deck 5 (large round window). Yay! We went on two 11 day cruises last year, so we thought we better go for the special rate on this one (yes, we are addicted to the Magic). We have never stayed in a stateroom without a balcony and I'm hoping we won't miss it too much.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

I just booked a private guided tour and van transportation in Rome and am wondering if anyone would like to join us. We are booking with Katja at Rome Kids Tours. If all you want/need is a ride into the city we could just split that portion. Just let me know! Greg + wife and two boys (12 and 5) from VA.

18 Days till the cruise sets sail and Im stil GTY!!! and have no doc's (DCL have assured me they have been sent though!!)

Sooo excited I really need to stop checking the DCL website every 10 mins to see if we have a stateroom yet!!!

I just booked a private guided tour and van transportation in Rome and am wondering if anyone would like to join us. We are booking with Katja at Rome Kids Tours. If all you want/need is a ride into the city we could just split that portion. Just let me know! Greg + wife and two boys (12 and 5) from VA.

pm'd you for the details

Hi there, do you know what itinerary do you have planned/approx costs? We're Allison+Dave and 2 kids (boy 7, girl 5). We are currently signed up for the Rome Family tour (something like that) through Disney, but it may be too long of a day for us. Thanks! :thumbsup2

I sent you a PM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter