• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 17 Wonder to Alaska

So nice of HannahNoahMommy! :hug: I have written this down as well but I'm not sure we will have time so I certainly didn't want to get any hopes up. We have tours planned in Juneau but if we find ourselves going to get these, I'll make a note of this. I'm assuming we would need to go the "shopping talks" in order to get something that we would redeem in the specific stores for these coins? Much like they do on the Caribbean cruises for the bracelet charms, right?

To my fellow cruisers - not sure you've read or heard but I've read several reports now they have added a second Pixar Party at 4:30pm. So it's at 4:30pm and 10:15pm from what I'm hearing.

See you all soon,
Heather

Thank you to all who replied!!! There are shopping "talks" with Marissa on the boat but this coupon book is different. We got it at Miners Gem in Skagway. If you do wish to collect these or the bracelet charms you need to try on a piece of jewelry. Most salespeople know that you aren't going to buy anything so there isn't a lot of "nastiness" going on. At least not by my experiences. The missing shop is past the tram stop in Juneau. We had only gone the other direction for our excursions so I just plain missed it. I've looked on eBay and even tried to email the store with no luck. Thanks in advance for trying!!

Hello! My daughter is eleven. Her name is Eve. Maybe all these pre-teen girls can get together if you are planning on coming to the meet and greet. They will have a great time! We wont be able to do everything I want to do around Seattle because we will not have a car. We are taking the train to Vancouver. We planning on just enjoying the downtown area mostly. We want to go to Pike Place market, the space needle , maybe a museum , and explore the waterfront area. We are looking forward to it. We are also spending Sunday in Vancouver. I would love to go to Granville Island if we have time . Have you found anything that looks fun that I've missed ?

This message is meant to be a response to HannahNoahMommy
But I'll gladly take others recommendations! : )

I'm sure we'll be at a lot of the same places. We also keep hearing about duck boats (mostly from my brother, but he says we HAVE to do it). And also maybe the Music Experience museum.

Are you on the Facebook page? If so, I can put a picture up there. If not (don't know how to do a picture on here) - we are pretty easy to find. It's my DH & I (both short but not petite, lol). I wear glasses & have dark curly hair. My DS is 10, but looks about 6, has dark hair & glasses. But my DD is easiest to recognize... She was born missing her left arm (just below the elbow). She also wears glasses, has medium brown wavy hair, and is short. So.... If you see us (Seattle, Vancouver, terminal....), please say hi - this goes for everyone!!! On Sunday my in-laws will be joining us too.

I really should be sleeping - or finishing packing. But here I am. We leave the house in under 11 hours!

-Renee

Hi all, haven't been here in a couple of days as I have busily finishing my fe's. Loved reading about the excitement of your travels. Can't wait to meet you all. Please come to the Meet and Greet at 2:45 at Diversions. If you have any questions or problems with the MUFE, I will have a whiteboard on my door - Cabin #5144. See you all soon!!

Hi all! we just got off the June 3-10 Alaskan cruise and it was an AMAZING trip. You will have a great trip! I'm asking a favor. We collected the free coins at the 3 ports but didn't have time to grab 1 in Juneau. If anyone would be able and willing to do this, my 9 year old special needs son would be eternally grateful. It's at stop 4 on the map in the coupon book they give out at most of the shops, Juneau Trading Company the Moose coin. I will pay for shipping but it should fit in an envelope. Anyone able? I can PM my info. Thanks and have a great vacation!!!

I will see what I can do. Can you get one for each family member? If so that would be easier. I will let you know if I am able to do it.

Hope you all had a awesome time! Unfortunately, my family and I did not make it due to mechanical problems on our flight from Honolulu to Vancouver - we missed the boat!! I was so disappointed mostly because I had been looking forward to meeting all of you. We are re-booking for later in July, but it won't be the same without all the wonderful people I met here. I hope the MUFE members had a good time exchanging gifts - I had so many things made just for you.....I look forward to hearing all about it when you get back! A hui hou - until we meet again.

Jayne

Hope you all had a awesome time! Unfortunately, my family and I did not make it due to mechanical problems on our flight from Honolulu to Vancouver - we missed the boat!! I was so disappointed mostly because I had been looking forward to meeting all of you. We are re-booking for later in July, but it won't be the same without all the wonderful people I met here. I hope the MUFE members had a good time exchanging gifts - I had so many things made just for you.....I look forward to hearing all about it when you get back! A hui hou - until we meet again.

Jayne

This breaks my heart. Im glad you were able to reschedule though!!

Jayne

Hi Jayne!! Once again, I'm so very sorry you couldn't make it this trip :( I do hope you were able to get rescheduled and everything worked out for you and your family. You were definitely missed! My DH told me there was a cabin a few doors down from ours that had some type of water leakage? and they were cleaning it up. I couldn't help but wonder ;) if that would have been your cabin! They fixed it up quickly and I'm sure it was nothing major but it did make me think of you walking by that area since I knew you would have been close. Please keep us posted on when you are going!! I can see now why people say it's not always a once in a lifetime trip and they return again. Please let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to try and help if I can!

Tracey - I did receive the MUFE RM and immediately signed it and my DH placed it on the next cabin - which was the complete opposite of our location so he gave me a giggle about that one! I hope it made it back to you!

To the others (that aren't on FB) - what an amazing trip!! We had an absolute blast and couldn't have been more pleased with the weather and the fact we didn't have a drop of rain the entire 9 days of travelling (including the two in Vancouver prior to the trip). The morning returning to Vancouver was the first time we saw rain the entire time! I ended up losing my voice on the first day (came down with a weird virus) and wasn't my 100% self but I didn't let it stop me - just really hard to talk and sounded funny.

I'm sure we bumped into each other along the way and I probably didn't even know it! Curious to see what table numbers you guys had for dining? We had table 42, main seating and started in Tritons.

I'm feeling the "house move" ever so slightly and my ears are still popping from all the flying but it's all good. I can't wait to view our pictures and show everyone.

Hope all of you are well!
Heather

Hi Jayne!! Once again, I'm so very sorry you couldn't make it this trip :( I do hope you were able to get rescheduled and everything worked out for you and your family. You were definitely missed! My DH told me there was a cabin a few doors down from ours that had some type of water leakage? and they were cleaning it up. I couldn't help but wonder ;) if that would have been your cabin! They fixed it up quickly and I'm sure it was nothing major but it did make me think of you walking by that area since I knew you would have been close. Please keep us posted on when you are going!! I can see now why people say it's not always a once in a lifetime trip and they return again. Please let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to try and help if I can!

Tracey - I did receive the MUFE RM and immediately signed it and my DH placed it on the next cabin - which was the complete opposite of our location so he gave me a giggle about that one! I hope it made it back to you!

To the others (that aren't on FB) - what an amazing trip!! We had an absolute blast and couldn't have been more pleased with the weather and the fact we didn't have a drop of rain the entire 9 days of travelling (including the two in Vancouver prior to the trip). The morning returning to Vancouver was the first time we saw rain the entire time! I ended up losing my voice on the first day (came down with a weird virus) and wasn't my 100% self but I didn't let it stop me - just really hard to talk and sounded funny.

I'm sure we bumped into each other along the way and I probably didn't even know it! Curious to see what table numbers you guys had for dining? We had table 42, main seating and started in Tritons.

I'm feeling the "house move" ever so slightly and my ears are still popping from all the flying but it's all good. I can't wait to view our pictures and show everyone.

Heather

My house was "moving" this morning as well - lol

We were in main seating starting in Parrot Cay - table 71. We had a great time, but sadly my peanut got sick partway through the trip (just like last time) so we spent more time in the cabin than I would have liked. Still, amazing weather and scenery and we managed to have lots of fun despite the grumpies!

We had the "Triton's rotation" for late seating - ate there three times! We liked ending in AP.

Our trip was great and I learned a lot for next time. I'm a weirdo who was probably the only one disappointed in the weather - I like it overcast.

No one got sick, but we gave out on Juneau day. We had a five hour excursion and our boat was enclosed in glass and not air conditioned. It was fine when we were moving because air came in the vents, but when we stopped to watch the whales it was like sitting in a greenhouse. DD was begging to swim and to see MU. Toy Story was a must see, so something had to give. We didn't feel like dressing up, so we had hot dogs on deck and skipped MDR. It was just the break we needed.

Sorry Izzy got sick, Erica! That would stink.

I was very impressed with how the ship was run - and yes, we rebooked! I only had one complaint - I wish they would enforce their no reserved seats policy. We didn't get up on deck until 11:00 on TA day because of our character breakfast and there were NO seats left on deck ten. There would be one person reserving a dozen loungers. We crafted a better plan, though, so it was okay. Same thing happened at shows. Twice there was a lady reserving a dozen seats in the center of rows two and three.

Funny, people said to us before the cruise " you're going on DCL? OMG all those kids would drive me crazy!" I didn't see any kids misbehaving, but I saw a number of rude and selfish parents. Thankfully they were far outnumbered by the oodles of friendly people on board.

I haven't cooked in two weeks. Not sure if I remember how!:rotfl2:

Question for those who have been on the Fantasy. We absolutely loved the size of the Wonder, would we be disappointed or overwhelmed by the size of the Fantasy? We are thinking our next cruise might be EC in summer 2015.

Question for those who have been on the Fantasy. We absolutely loved the size of the Wonder, would we be disappointed or overwhelmed by the size of the Fantasy? We are thinking our next cruise might be EC in summer 2015.

I have been on the Fantasy and my DH, DS, and I have been on the Dream twice. I can tell you the Fantasy is my favorite ship! :lovestruc She is absolutely breath taking. I understand why people prefer the smaller ships however I see advantages and disadvantages to both. I/we personally did not feel the Wonder was "less crowded" because the space is smaller. For example, on the Dream/Fantasy the Walt Disney Theater is two levels so people are more spread out. I don't think there was an empty seat in the Walt Disney Theater this cruise for the shows we went to so for us - the Wonder was packed. Same upstairs at Beach Blanket Buffet which is Cabanas on the Dream/Fantasy - the lines were packed when we went and tables always full. I know Cabanas can get "nutty" often as well however we much prefer the "flow" (and the food) of Cabanas over Beach Blanket.

I knew I wanted to try a classic ship and I'd said the Wonder again in a heartbeat and now would love to sail the Magic so I can sail all 4, however I'll say for now, the Fantasy is my favorite and my boys prefer the Dream but they haven't sailed the Fantasy yet. We have it booked for Spring Break next year.

To answer your question, I didn't find the Fantasy overwhelming as far as size was concerned. We prefer to stay closer to the aft so we are closer to things or places we go to more often but I've never felt overwhelmed. There is a difference, yes, but I think you'll love all the newer technology, the beauty of the ship, etc! :thumbsup2

If you have specific questions I'll do my best to answer!

Heather

Heather

We were in your same dinner rotation, main seating and started at Tritons, at table 23 in the center.

Yes, the house is completely moving. I definitely felt this ship more than the Dream or most others I have been on (it wasn't bothersome, but just felt it). But then I found out that they don't use the stabilizers when cruising the Inside Passage, so it completely made sense.

Hi MickeyRocksinPA!

There is a thread with a link to some recent navigators which were posted on DisneyCruiseLineBlog.

Here are the movies we had:

Great and Powerful Oz
Snow White
Wreck it Ralph
Finding Nemo
Beauty and the Beast
Lincoln
Avengers
Iron Man 3

and of course...
Monsters University!

They had a lot more on Funnel Vision - Cinderella, Tangled, so many more I can't remember.

I suspect they will have Lone Ranger very soon.

Lionel was working on the photos this evening and it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Today was the first day I felt like it was actually the time on the clock. :thumbsup2

Hey everyone

We finally arrived home yesterday after the most incredible trip :)

We were totally blown away by the weather and certainly didn't pack enough shorts and Ts!

A few highlights:

The food was a big improvement on what we were served on the Fantasy last May. I'm vegetarian and our dining room staff just couldn't have been more accommodating

Dog sledging on the Menendall Glacier by helicopter - one of those once in a lifetime experiences we will never forget. The sky's were blue and everyone was wearing T Shirts!

The people we met - just an awesome bunch of new friends :)

The Wonder - really loved this ship and like many, we were slightly worried that it might feel a little worn around the edges after sailing on The Dream and The Fantasy. We couldn't have been more wrong, it's a beautiful and well maintained ship

Palo Brunch - yummy :)

Chocolate and beverage tasting - oh my word ....... Heaven!!

Right, off to tackle two weeks worth of laundry!

Edited to add ..... Can't believe that I didn't mention that seeing Whales, Porpoises, Eagles, Seals and Bears were also BIG highlights !! :)

Hey everyone

We finally arrived home yesterday after the most incredible trip :)

We were totally blown away by the weather and certainly didn't pack enough shorts and Ts!

A few highlights:

The food was a big improvement on what we were served on the Fantasy last May. I'm vegetarian and our dining room staff just couldn't have been more accommodating

Dog sledging on the Menendall Glacier by helicopter - one of those once in a lifetime experiences we will never forget. The sky's were blue and everyone was wearing T Shirts!

The people we met - just an awesome bunch of new friends :)

The Wonder - really loved this ship and like many, we were slightly worried that it might feel a little worn around the edges after sailing on The Dream and The Fantasy. We couldn't have been more wrong, it's a beautiful and well maintained ship

Palo Brunch - yummy :)

Chocolate and beverage tasting - oh my word ....... Heaven!!

Right, off to tackle two weeks worth of laundry!

Edited to add ..... Can't believe that I didn't mention that seeing Whales, Porpoises, Eagles, Seals and Bears were also BIG highlights !! :)

Sounds fab! What shoes did you wear on glacier? Would running shoes be okay!

I will see what I can do. Can you get one for each family member? If so that would be easier. I will let you know if I am able to do it.

Sorry I was unsuccessful in helping you. I did not see anything about coins. I am sorry.:sad1:

This was our second Disney cruise and our first on a classic ship. This is also the first itinerary that we would gladly repeat. Sorry for joining so late, also requested to be part of the FB page.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter