• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 17 Wonder to Alaska

From what I have read, our sailing is a little early for bears.

That being said, we're going to have enough snacks to pull them off your scent. :lmao: We are going on a 5.5 - 6 hour excursion whale watching and to the glacier. There is no way my family will make it without provisions. We were going to pack our day bags with snacks from the ship.

We camped in Yosemite about ten years ago and the bears were VERY aggressive. A wrapping on a snack won't deter them - they broke into a car to get a muffin someone had left. But that was at night. And there's lots of fish to eat in Alaska if they are REALLY hu

Awesome - thanks! So just let me know when you guys arrive at the glacier with all your snacks to pull them off my trail and I'll be all set!! :rotfl2::rotfl: I'm going to go with just a few, which is what I usually do, for emergencies and if they come running I'll tell DH to ditch the backpack - lol.

I think we'll be gone at least 4 hours as well so I'll need something I'm sure during the trip.

Thanks - we are so close now :)

Heather

From what I have read, our sailing is a little early for bears.

That being said, we're going to have enough snacks to pull them off your scent. :lmao: We are going on a 5.5 - 6 hour excursion whale watching and to the glacier. There is no way my family will make it without provisions. We were going to pack our day bags with snacks from the ship.

We camped in Yosemite about ten years ago and the bears were VERY aggressive. A wrapping on a snack won't deter them - they broke into a car to get a muffin someone had left. But that was at night. And there's lots of fish to eat in Alaska if they are REALLY hu

We're doing the whale watching and glacier tour as well! Maybe we'll see you there :-)

We're doing the whale watching and glacier tour as well! Maybe we'll see you there :-)

We are not early morning people, so we are doing the 10:45 a.m. I managed to book a 12 day vacation with only one day where we have to get up early and Im stressing about it. :rotfl:

What time is your excursion?

So I think I am driving the Disney reservation/customer service people nuts. I keep calling to add gift cards to our stateroom account. LOL

But everything is done!!! I don't know what to do with myself. It's like a month before your wedding when you've been in heavy planning mode for a month and it is too early to do whatever is left. :hyper:

We are not early morning people, so we are doing the 10:45 a.m. I managed to book a 12 day vacation with only one day where we have to get up early and Im stressing about it. :rotfl:

What time is your excursion?

Ha! That's hilarous :rotfl2:
We're exactly the opposite - with two three year olds who are used to being dropped at preschool at 7am, we figure the earlier the excursion the less likely a tantrum. Wishful thinking right?

We're going at 8. Maybe our boats will pass one another....lol

I think Linda is on the early train with us in Skagway right??? 7:15? Anyone else? Maybe we can commandeer an entire train car :thumbsup2

I remember those toddler days, Erica - timing everything around naps and other sleeps. We've gotten spoiled since she has been potty trained and can work the t.v. Remote on her own. :thumbsup2

By the way everyone, we are so excited watching Monsters Inc on ABC Family RIGHT NOW!!!!

I printed my pre-arrival guide and it shows the Pixar Pals Party from 7:30 to 8:15. I had read where others said it was 10:30 p.m. :confused3

We're exactly the opposite - with two three year olds who are used to being dropped at preschool at 7am, we figure the earlier the excursion the less likely a tantrum. Wishful thinking right?

I think Linda is on the early train with us in Skagway right??? 7:15? Anyone else? Maybe we can commandeer an entire train car :thumbsup2

We are also doing the 7:15 train. We are doing one way for the train though, and the way back is a bus (I think?) with gold panning. So I'm not sure if the one way group has to be separate from the round trip group.

So I think I am driving the Disney reservation/customer service people nuts. I keep calling to add gift cards to our stateroom account. LOL
Don't worry about the gift cards :) I have called in ooodles of them to pay for our cruises since I get the 5% off by using my Target red card and then combine other savings I might get to buy more. I have saved a good chunk this way but since I have transferred my reservations to Costco it takes twice as long, but still worth it to me!! I prepaid our excursions and tips with the gift cards so go for it! :thumbsup2
We are on the 7:15am Skagway train too! :cool1: Although I'm sure I won't be dancing when we get up at 5:30am to get prepared for all this! LOL
I printed my pre-arrival guide and it shows the Pixar Pals Party from 7:30 to 8:15. I had read where others said it was 10:30 p.m. :confused3
Yep, someone was kind enough to post their navigators from the first sailing and the Pixar Party clearly shows at 10:15pm. I think the reasoning for this is due to the Toy Story show in the Walt Disney Theater and of course the last show is at 8:30pm so they'd want to wait until those folks were out to be able to participate as well. I do remember seeing/reading it was going to be earlier as well but can't remember where. Oh well - we will see how we do that day and at least we have a later arrival into Ketchikan the next day so that might help us all!:laughing:
We are also doing the 7:15 train. We are doing one way for the train though, and the way back is a bus (I think?) with gold panning. So I'm not sure if the one way group has to be separate from the round trip group.

We are also on the 7:15 train. We are doing the train up and then bus back to stop at the Suspension Bridge. I thought there was someone else doing the Suspension Bridge too?

Heather

We are on the 7:15am Skagway train too! :cool1: Although I'm sure I won't be dancing when we get up at 5:30am to get prepared for all this! LOL

Yep, someone was kind enough to post their navigators from the first sailing and the Pixar Party clearly shows at 10:15pm. I think the reasoning for this is due to the Toy Story show in the Walt Disney Theater and of course the last show is at 8:30pm so they'd want to wait until those folks were out to be able to participate as well. I do remember seeing/reading it was going to be earlier as well but can't remember where. Oh well - we will see how we do that day and at least we have a later arrival into Ketchikan the next day so that might help us all!:laughing:

We are also on the 7:15 train. We are doing the train up and then bus back to stop at the Suspension Bridge. I thought there was someone else doing the Suspension Bridge too?

Heather

Is there coffee on the train? I may be visiting the drink station with my travel mug lol maybe I'll see you there :thumbsup2

We are doing the train plus suspension bridge so we'll be together the whole time. Should be a hoot! I will try to be at the gathering on day one so I can put some names to faces. Or you can just look for the short girl with the tall guy with a three year old, joined by a grandpa with a long grey ponitail. We shouldn't be too hard to pick out of a lineup :wave2:

Three. More. Days.
!!!!!

Yep, I'm on the early bird train, with (hopefully) coffee in hand! :thumbsup2

Happy Monday everyone :goodvibes

One week to go !!!!!!!!!!!!

I have three more work days to get through and them we are outta here :thumbsup2

I packed my stuff at the weekend, DH likes to pack his own bags and he will probably do this 15 minutes prior to the car coming to take us to the airport :rolleyes:

I had my first night of not sleeping properly last night, normally I sleep like a baby but the closer I get to a vacation the more restless I become :upsidedow

A friend over on the UK boards was on the first Alaskan sailing and she said that it was absolutely AMAZING!!

Is there coffee on the train? I may be visiting the drink station with my travel mug lol maybe I'll see you there :thumbsup2

We are doing the train plus suspension bridge so we'll be together the whole time. Should be a hoot! I will try to be at the gathering on day one so I can put some names to faces. Or you can just look for the short girl with the tall guy with a three year old, joined by a grandpa with a long grey ponitail. We shouldn't be too hard to pick out of a lineup :wave2:

Three. More. Days.
!!!!!
Too cool you are with us for both journeys! I'll be looking for you and please do the same for us. I have longer, blondish curly hair, DS wears glasses and DH is about my height - 5'6 (he claims 5'8 though - lol). I have only read on trip reports they do have bathrooms in each train car and bottled water. I have only read about bottled water so I'd say they don't have coffee so come prepared!! :cool1:
Yep, I'm on the early bird train, with (hopefully) coffee in hand! :thumbsup2
We'll see you there as well Linda!! :thumbsup2
Happy Monday everyone :goodvibes

One week to go !!!!!!!!!!!!

I have three more work days to get through and them we are outta here :thumbsup2

I packed my stuff at the weekend, DH likes to pack his own bags and he will probably do this 15 minutes prior to the car coming to take us to the airport :rolleyes:

I had my first night of not sleeping properly last night, normally I sleep like a baby but the closer I get to a vacation the more restless I become :upsidedow

A friend over on the UK boards was on the first Alaskan sailing and
said that it was absolutely AMAZING!!
OMG - one week!! I was just coming to post this and I'm so giddy. :cheer2: I watched the Wonder come into Vancouver this morning and she turned around and docked right at 7am so that definitely is ahead of their posted 8:30am time which is good for those that have to travel to the airport. I can't believe next Monday we will be packing up at the hotel and heading to board very shortly, in exactly one week!! I know what you mean Linda - I'm already doing all the check lists in my head about not forgetting things and I can't finish packing until Thu afternoon and Friday since I'm working the next 3 days. I got my DS packed up this weekend except for a few small things so that's at least done. This is definitely the hardest type of cruise to pack for due to the length and also the different types of weather and not knowing.

I have other great news - WE GOT MOVED TO EARLY DINING!!! Just as DCL told me, it was done the week of the cruise so I'm glad to know they worked that out for us! I've been wait-listed since March so I'm thankful to know that's behind us now! :cool1:

Safe travels to those that are leaving shortly and/or don't get time to check in!

Heather

My daughter is 11 as well and wants to know if she can contact your daughter somehow before we leave. So let me know if she is interested as well:) She is super excited!!! This is to sde20, it didn't connect to your message

That's awesome that you got to switch to early dining!! We're getting so excited! Now the rushing begins, everything I've been putting off getting done has to be done this week!! :hourglass
Just looked at our shore excursions again and noticed that somehow, we got lucky, NOTHING we booked starts early in the morning!! (I don't DO mornings! ) :cheer2: Looking forward to meeting everyone!

One week until we sail!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

No more second guessing my planning decisions. It's all in place!

And today is my last day at work. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Two days to run around for last minute errands and packing. We leave Thursday for Seattle!!

What movies are playing with exception of the premier of monsters uni

On the first Alaskan of the season it was as follows:

Brave
Wreck It Ralph
The Avengers
Oz - The Great & The Powerful
Lincoln
Iron Man 3

And the usual Disney films such as Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo, Snow White & Beauty And The Beast

Hope this helps :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter